Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156628 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: Righteous Idignation Edition.
« Reply #1455 on: April 26, 2014, 09:03:47 am »

Believe me, large chunk of Russian women supported that he "put that young whore in her place"

And how do you know it?
I know enough Russian women to say that. It is a personal experience so no prooflinks

Also, consider that Russians have a popular proverb that can be roughly translated as "Beating means loving"
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 26, 2014, 09:05:44 am »

Those observers getting captured kind of shows that not all of the militants are acting on Putins orders. Also, prisioner exchange? I wonder what prisioners they want to exchange.....

I wonder if any of those captured observers are Russian.
It's 4 Germans, the others are from Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic and Denmark, plus a translator and some military personnel from Ukraine.

I don't think most of what the separatists do is done on Putins direct orders, just a lot of it with his approval and support, though capturing OSCE observers might be going a bit too far.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 09:07:17 am by XXSockXX »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 26, 2014, 09:08:06 am »

Believe me, large chunk of Russian women supported that he "put that young whore in her place"

And how do you know it?
I know enough Russian women to say that. It is a personal experience so no prooflinks

Also, consider that Russians have a popular proverb that can be roughly translated as "Beating means loving"

Should I be surprised if abuse (physical and otherwise) is pretty high in Russia?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 26, 2014, 09:09:17 am »

The best reaction to the current situation.

Not really getting it. The Papal state Vatican isn't exactly a state with a military anymore.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 26, 2014, 09:12:14 am »

Not really getting it. The Papal state Vatican isn't exactly a state with a military anymore.
Well, unfortunately, praying the separatists away might be among the more sensible options the Ukrainian government has left.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 26, 2014, 09:13:48 am »

And how do you know it?

How many russian women do you know, so you can say what large chunk of women in russia thinks?
Make love not war

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 26, 2014, 09:21:46 am »

Should I be surprised if abuse (physical and otherwise) is pretty high in Russia?
It is a common problem in Ukraine, too. One of the many bad things we need to change in our country.

miljan, If you want to talk about statistics and stuff... I am not interested. I said that I believe that many Russian women in fact supported words and actions of Zhyrinovsky. It is based on personal experience and general knowledge about Russian culture and familial values. I have no desire to have any kind of discussion on that matter. You may either trust my words or not.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 26, 2014, 09:24:45 am »

Isn't that a reference to a certain quip by Stalin re: invading Italy?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 26, 2014, 09:26:19 am »

miljan, If you want to talk about statistics and stuff... I am not interested. I said that I believe that many Russian women in fact supported words and actions of Zhyrinovsky. It is based on personal experience and general knowledge about Russian culture and familial values. I have no desire to have any kind of discussion on that matter. You may either trust my words or not.
In other words,
...large chunk of Russian women supported that he "put that young whore in her place"[citation needed]

:P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 26, 2014, 09:30:39 am »

In other words,
...large chunk of Russian women supported that he "put that young whore in her place"[citation needed]

:P
I'm sure citogenesis will deal with that. :P
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: Righteous Idignation Edition.
« Reply #1466 on: April 26, 2014, 10:26:24 am »

UR, no offense, but I think your perception of Russian women may be negatively affected by the fact that their husbands are invading your country, so I am not going to take your word for that.

Anyway, Zhirinovsky is widely known to be an utter ass clown amongst everybody but the most hardcore Russian nationalists and this is not the first idiotic and insulting comment he has made throughout his career in politics. I cannot say I am even surprised, because the only reason Putin keeps him around is to act as a foil against which even the most inane of his own decisions look good. As for the "documentary" show, it is a good example of the particularly vile kind of propaganda our television occasionally transmits alongside such garbage as "Psychics Battle" and carbon copies of American sitcoms. "The Furies of Maidan" was sponsored by the government, aired on a channel indirectly owned by the government and consumed by the brainwashed fanatics of the government, so yes, it's like a deformed offspring of History Channel and Fox News and should not be taken as anything representative on a normal Russian's thoughts.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 26, 2014, 10:33:03 am »

So, going by that logic, I'm not brainwashed fanatic? Cool  :)
._.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 26, 2014, 10:34:49 am »

anyone saw this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8_Rl0pbkUk
That's, uh, a lot of APC. And trucks. Also artillery.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 26, 2014, 10:38:16 am »

So, going by that logic, I'm not brainwashed fanatic? Cool  :)
If you have enough reason left to recognise that "Furies" bullshit for what it is, you aren't.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 136