Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156720 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #1290 on: April 24, 2014, 01:40:28 pm »

How did "anti-Putin" transformed into "ant-Russia" so easily???

You know, there are a lot of people who do not like him, and most of these measures would hurt them more than Putin himself.

Because Russia is his tool and his weapon, and the ability of Ukraine to do anything directly to Putin is nonexistent, so Opposing Russia and Opposing Putin will be one and the same until Russia no longer acts at his whims.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 24, 2014, 02:06:35 pm »

I have a feeling that something will happen in 24 hours.
The situation a little bit resembles the last few days before the war in South Ossetia for some reason.
Lavrov's statements about Russia being ready to defend its compatriots made the other day was almost the exact copy of the statement he made in 2008 before the war began.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:11:42 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 24, 2014, 02:07:59 pm »

I added a poll, now everyone can vote on what's gonna happen after the new Ukrainian government's election.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #1293 on: April 24, 2014, 02:15:31 pm »

Problem is that Putin has no way back...
Russia propaganda did everything to make Russians believe that Slavyansk is uprising of ethnic Russians and "right kind of Ukrainians" against West appointed neo-nazi regime.
If Putin will allow Ukrainian government to crush the insurgency and do nothing... He will be a coward and a traitor in the eyes of his supporters.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 24, 2014, 02:29:57 pm »

My prediction? Pravy Sektor are going to make big gains in the election. Maybe even coalition between them and the Fatherland Front.

There will be a lot of finger wagging from Putin and co., saying stuff like "look at what happens when the West interferes in a country! Fascists!" and the divide between West Ukraine, East Ukraine and Crimea will only worsen. I also predict Pravy Sektor would be more interested in establishing Ukraine as an independent power outwith the EU but in close association with it.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 24, 2014, 02:37:48 pm »

You should not forget that we'll elect only a new president on May 25 and Yarosh has somewhat like zero chances to become a president... Parliament will remain unchanged for some more time. Earliest when we get new parliament is September.... So no ultranationalists in the government for now

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 24, 2014, 02:40:48 pm »

Under the 2004 constitution, it's parliament that appoint the government, right?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 24, 2014, 02:42:10 pm »

You should not forget that we'll elect only a new president on May 25 and Yarosh has somewhat like zero chances to become a president... Parliament will remain unchanged for some more time. Earliest when we get new parliament is September.... So no ultranationalists in the government for now

Oh I see, sorry, I'm used to "elections" being Parliamentary rather than Presidential. Cultural mistake. Damned Monarchies.

In that case if this is a Presidential election I don't really know. Is Tymoshenko still reviled for her tendencies towards demagoguery and corruption?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 24, 2014, 03:04:27 pm »

Under the 2004 constitution, it's parliament that appoint the government, right?
Yep. But President has a right to veto any decision of parliament. Veto can be revoked by 2\3 of parliament.

Is Tymoshenko still reviled for her tendencies towards demagoguery and corruption?
Yep.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 24, 2014, 03:24:13 pm »

My prediction: a lot of talk, people will say it's a big deal but 6 months later it will of somehow all blown over.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 24, 2014, 03:25:20 pm »

My prediction: a lot of talk, people will say it's a big deal but 6 months later it will of somehow all blown over.

For as long as a dotted line goes along the Crimean border on our maps this will never have blown over, just like South Ossetia never blew over.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 24, 2014, 04:11:01 pm »

I mean blown over as in there wont be a war.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 24, 2014, 04:15:51 pm »

I mean blown over as in there wont be a war.

The fact that we're even considering that shows how bad this situation is.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1303 on: April 24, 2014, 04:32:44 pm »

Alternate poll option: Ukraine won't be allowed to get that far.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 24, 2014, 04:33:47 pm »

I'm boycotting this poll for lack of joke option.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 136