Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156727 times)

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #1260 on: April 24, 2014, 09:11:45 am »

"military exercises ON Ukraine"? I think you missed the important word "the border".

Also, mainiac, now is probably the time for those "real sanctions" to arrive?
Fully fledged trade blockades in both meat- and cyberspace? Better late than never I guess.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 24, 2014, 09:13:30 am »

NATO is going to be doing their planned exercises in Ukraine in the summer I believe. Also there is a steady inflow of troops and equipment into the Baltics and Poland. Joint exercises aswell.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 24, 2014, 09:15:20 am »

NATO is going to be doing their planned exercises in Ukraine in the summer I believe. Also there is a steady inflow of troops and equipment into the Baltics and Poland. Joint exercises aswell.
At this rate, in summer the current Ukraine goverment will be overthrown.
"military exercises ON Ukraine"? I think you missed the important word "the border".

Fully fledged trade blockades in both meat- and cyberspace? Better late than never I guess.
As you'll see, they will never do that.
._.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 24, 2014, 09:15:55 am »

That is a very very probable scenario.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 24, 2014, 09:22:22 am »

Well, they have elections in one month, so it wouldn't be surprising if the government change. BTW, I just notice that their elections happen at the same time as the European election. Symbolism? Hoping we won't be watching too closely?

The elections are important. On the one hand, the new Ukrainian government will have more legitimacy than the current one. On the other hand, the poll could be boycotted by some Easterners, and it'll create a few days of instability Putin could use.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 24, 2014, 09:26:28 am »

Well, they have elections in one month, so it wouldn't be surprising if the government change. BTW, I just notice that their elections happen at the same time as the European election. Symbolism? Hoping we won't be watching too closely?

The elections are important. On the one hand, the new Ukrainian government will have more legitimacy than the current one. On the other hand, the poll could be boycotted by some Easterners, and it'll create a few days of instability Putin could use.
Eh, if the new government isn't Putin-friendly, he'll probably call it illegitimate straight away, anyway. That is then followed by claims of fraud and what not, flooding Russian media with propaganda and lies to further cement it into the Russian populace.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1266 on: April 24, 2014, 09:46:02 am »

I'd say they're inching closer.
Your doubting is cute.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 24, 2014, 09:47:18 am »

I really wonder who will form the next Ukrainian government. There does not seem to be a clear favorite at the moment. UR, how is the campaign for the elections going? What are the positions of the main candidates on the Eastern separatists?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #1268 on: April 24, 2014, 09:52:21 am »

I feel like NATO should do 'military exercizes' in Ukraine to at least sort of occupy the vacuum.

Where's Ukrainian Ranger? He hasn't posted around here in a while....
I am here. Not in the mood to post

At least it is starting. Soon we'll see if that is the last large bluff from Russia to stop our security forces from dealing with the terrorists or we'll see the invasion

What are the positions of the main candidates on the Eastern separatists?
No chance. I just can see how can they win
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 24, 2014, 10:18:30 am »

I am willing to bet you money this will not be the case.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 24, 2014, 10:29:48 am »

I'll bet you 10$* that by summer the current government won't be in place anymore.

*Or if you're not into monetary bets, the loose has to use an avatar of the winner's choosing for a month.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 24, 2014, 10:36:06 am »

I'm willing to take an avatar bet that if a strongly anti-Putin government is elected that Putin will move for annexation, if anyone wants to take it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 24, 2014, 10:38:47 am »

Define "strongly anti-Putin".

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 24, 2014, 10:39:11 am »

I'll bet that if the elected government is heavily pro-Putin, he will immediately recognise its legitimacy.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 24, 2014, 10:47:56 am »

I'd say they're inching closer.
Your doubting is cute.
I do no "doubt". I know that if they didn't sanction Russia after it just conquered a piece of territory from Ukraine they will not sanction Russia for anything.

EDIT: derp grammar mistakes herp
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 10:49:36 am by Sergarr »
._.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 136