Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156884 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #960 on: April 18, 2014, 02:16:04 am »

http://eeas.europa.eu/statements/docs/2014/140417_01_en.pdf

"All sides must refrain from any violence, intimidation or provocative actions."

So, once the Kiev tries to use violence again...

Yeah, ALL sides, the Geneva statement is including the ones who are capturing the buildings. Which means that the Russians need to butt out.

If the protestors that Ukraine considers illegal don't give back the buildings, why should the Ukraine military stand down.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #961 on: April 18, 2014, 02:18:17 am »

Yep, it only seems to mention the pro-russians as needing to disarm & vacate buildings.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:21:22 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 18, 2014, 02:25:34 am »

All illegal armed groups must be disarmed; all illegally seized buildings must be returned to legitimate owners
Did the guys in Slavyanks disarm and surrender? I haven't noticed it. If they don't disarm themselves who should force them to do that? Isn't Ukrainian army and other security forces? No, if USA and Russia will jointly conduct anti-terror operation in Slavyansk I'll don't mind but doubt that it will happen
BTW, this armed terrorists got a very good and liberal offer

Amnesty will be granted to protestors and to those who have left buildings and other public places and surrendered weapons, with the exception of those found guilty of capital crimes.
I think it may be their last chance to not go to a jail or get killed

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 18, 2014, 02:32:38 am »

I think they should have included Russia removing its 40,000 or so troops from the vicinity of the border since that would be a big step towards de-escalation. But eh, Putin will just effectively say 'make me' and ignore that.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #964 on: April 18, 2014, 02:33:50 am »

No, he'd say "We have" and ignore that.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #965 on: April 18, 2014, 03:03:04 am »

I'm just going to repeat what I said:
Enough measuring army strength, you all. Let's focus on politics.

And I'm afraid Owlbread is right, this entire clusterfuck went exactly as Putin planned and gave him the support necessary to stay in power some more.
Politics?

I predict the Kiev will fall before the 1st May.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 18, 2014, 03:17:09 am »

If Kiev will fall, that will happen after a very bloody war and will result in even bloodier asymmetric warfare war. Sad that most Russians fail to understand that

Speaking about blood... This year easter will be very bloody, Russian terrorists will do something large scaled. I am 90% sure.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:18:43 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 18, 2014, 03:20:53 am »

Gotta make another prediction: There won't be any guerrillas in Ukraine.
._.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 18, 2014, 03:32:56 am »

Gotta make another prediction: There won't be any guerrillas in Ukraine.
Yeah guys like that Will happily accept Russian rule and hail Putin

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #970 on: April 18, 2014, 03:39:05 am »

Suprise, Separatists aren't going anywhere soon.
IMPOSSIBRU!

That article also mentions a tussle over a roadblock at Serhiyivka.
Badges of honor

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 18, 2014, 03:41:06 am »

Wouldn't this be around the time when the Russian Special Ops that supposedly certainly back and support these separatists politely tell these people to comply with the order and vacate the premises?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 18, 2014, 03:47:17 am »

Wouldn't this be around the time when the Russian Special Ops that supposedly certainly back and support these separatists politely tell these people to comply with the order and vacate the premises?

Because we need Ukraine. All of it.  ;D

But really I don't think the Russian Ops work in tandem with rebels. IT looks like they just kinda move around them.

._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 18, 2014, 04:04:27 am »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 18, 2014, 04:10:36 am »

Huh, what are we seeing here exactly? Aside from the obvious? Who, when, how, why?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 136