Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156304 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #945 on: April 17, 2014, 04:34:20 pm »

Sounds more like a con-artist, honestly.

What does it actually say about the money?
Bring us 50 USD per jew, so yeah, a con is possible.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #946 on: April 17, 2014, 05:00:23 pm »

It was distributed, but the guys whose name is on the leaflet denied. So it was a false-flag op.

Even if it were a false flag op, the damage has already been done. Damage to who, remains to be seen.

Overall damage to the pro-russians public image and specifically damage to the russian propaganda of "We are the good guys fighting neo-nazis"

In a "What if it is real?" kind of fantasy debate, then well, the second they start rounding jews systematically, lets say that israel has units who could walk freely in this specific territory unnoticed and could seriously trouble the pro-russians there without them ever realizing they were israelis (i had the luxury of serving a very short amount of time with one of the said units where i learned how to play "Durak" :)).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:17:43 pm by burningpet »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #947 on: April 17, 2014, 05:22:22 pm »

Overall damage to the pro-russians public image and specifically damage to the russian propaganda of "We are the good guys fighting neo-nazis"
In Russia they'll always be the good guys fighting neo-nazis, much like the West is always the good guys fighting terrorists. You could get all the evidence of the contrary and the general reaction would be meh.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 17, 2014, 06:45:07 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if it were a false-flag operation or political/art-stunt, highlighting the many commented-upon similarities between Russia's actions and Hitler with Austria/Czechoslovakia in the lead-up to WW2.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 18, 2014, 01:07:37 am »

In a "What if it is real?" kind of fantasy debate, then well, the second they start rounding jews systematically, lets say that israel has units who could walk freely in this specific territory unnoticed and could seriously trouble the pro-russians there without them ever realizing they were israelis (i had the luxury of serving a very short amount of time with one of the said units where i learned how to play "Durak" :)).
I wouldn't be very surprised if that units already provide some assistance to Ukrainian forces because of one rather influential Israeli citizen
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 18, 2014, 01:14:59 am »

I wouldn't be very surprised if that units already provide some assistance to Ukrainian forces because of one rather influential Israeli citizen
Is that why they're surrendering?

Hmm, maybe these units are actually French?
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 18, 2014, 01:29:21 am »

Is that why they're surrendering?

Hmm, maybe these units are actually French?

If they were French, all you have to do is let the Russian Winter take care of them. Lol :D

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 18, 2014, 01:39:13 am »

Looks like Kiev refuses to remove military from the eastern Ukraine, ignoring Jeneva's orders.
._.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 18, 2014, 01:54:30 am »

Looks like Kiev refuses to remove military from the eastern Ukraine, ignoring Jeneva's orders.

Well, it's not like those orders are reasonable. Smells like Hitler/Czechoslovakia situation all over again, at least for me. "Pull off the military, get observers from the occupant and some useful idiots from US/EU, and pretty much shut up and get out, we will resolve that for you, you silly little nation."...
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 18, 2014, 01:58:53 am »

Can you point where in Jeneva agreement we can find words about pulling away Ukrainian troops?

Jeneva does look to much as Munich 1938, but it didn't went as far as - Ukraine should disarm it's army
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 18, 2014, 02:03:38 am »

http://eeas.europa.eu/statements/docs/2014/140417_01_en.pdf

"All sides must refrain from any violence, intimidation or provocative actions."

So, once the Kiev tries to use violence again...

._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 18, 2014, 02:05:12 am »

So that equals to  Ukraine should disarm all units in Eastern Ukraine and let terrorist do whatever they want

Russian logic is incredible

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 18, 2014, 02:07:16 am »

So that equals to  Ukraine should disarm all units in Eastern Ukraine and let terrorist do whatever they want

Russian logic is incredible
That's not Russian. That's the combined logic of everyone who wrote that. The idea is that everyone disarms, so that there are no "terrorists" to do whatever they want.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 18, 2014, 02:09:58 am »

Everyone should disarm? LOL. Russian logic

Illegal armed groups should disarm and refrain from violence
Ukrainian army is a legal armed group

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #959 on: April 18, 2014, 02:12:20 am »

Erm. Not so much disarming. More like, "Everyone stops attacking".
Removing their army from eastern Ukraine would be suicidally stupid so long as Russia's forces are parked on the border.
Has the Ukrainian army mounted any more assaults?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 136