Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156314 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #930 on: April 17, 2014, 12:32:53 pm »

OK, I am a bit too paranoid here. :) Just too worried that monitors will not limit themselves with observing
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 17, 2014, 12:36:43 pm »

OK, I am a bit too paranoid here. :) Just too worried that monitors will not limit themselves with observing

Report immediately if they do. That should never ever happen.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 17, 2014, 12:37:23 pm »

Not when the US and EU monitors are there with them, they won't.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 17, 2014, 12:51:37 pm »

I prefer Japanese and Korean monitors, myself. You can't go wrong with a Samsung, and moderate-size Sony ones are decently priced... aand you're talking about some other kind of monitors, aren't you?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Highly Flammable Post - USSR Politics Thread
« Reply #934 on: April 17, 2014, 03:24:00 pm »

Don't worry, I momentarily thought the US was refurbishing it's Ironclads...

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 17, 2014, 03:53:04 pm »

I prefer J
Don't wo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_lizard
rry, I momentarily thought the US was refurbishing it's Ironclads...
apanese and Korean monitors, myself. You can't go wrong with a Samsung, and moderate-size Sony ones are decently priced... aand you're talking about some other kind of monitors, aren't you?

Lol you guys :D

I find the jewish pamplets stuff troubling as well. I was 'uhoh' when I saw that.

Whether it's an isolated incident with the Donetsk Republic or something sanctioned by the Russian government, no idea. The bit about them needing to pay in US dollars is a little odd.

@ the Russian posters here: Do you know anything about how the Putin government treats Jews? It remains to be seen whether Putin will denounce those that are doing that, doesn't seem like something Putin would want to associate himself with.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 04:01:23 pm by smjjames »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #937 on: April 17, 2014, 04:02:53 pm »

Sadly for you NATO hasn't got enough balls to mess with Russians directly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What? You want us to grow some? I'm sure that'd turn out swell mate.
Flamy flame flame.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 17, 2014, 04:11:18 pm »

This site is showing a picture of a poster by the "Donetsk independent republic", asking all Jews to register with the new government or loose their properties. Translation here.

So, do you think this is real? It could be very ugly.

I seriously doubt this is real, but if it is, its a grave mistake. not only it will piss some jews and israelis around the world, it will also hinder the russian propaganda. no, i really don't think the russians/pro russians are stupid enough for this.

Or they could ask for Euros, considering they're in Europe. And the hryvna/grivna isn't going to plummet any faster than the ruble has. Heck, even shekels would make more sense.

Well, 3-4 years ago, shekels would have made a lot of sense, but since we are actively trying to weaken it, i wouldn't bet on NiS (New israeli Shekels) as a foreign currency on the long run (Although it currently still slightly gains strength, despite spending hundreds of millions in buying USD). also, shekels are very not handy when trying to exchange them outside of israel/major israeli tourist destinations.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 17, 2014, 04:15:39 pm »

I seriously doubt this is real, but if it is, its a grave mistake. not only it will piss some jews and israelis around the world, it will also hinder the russian propaganda. no, i really don't think the russians/pro russians are stupid enough for this.

Seems like you were right. (Actually, I just logged back on Bay12 to post this :p). At last a small piece of good news.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Eduardo X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 17, 2014, 04:16:26 pm »

YNet News is confirming the leaflet was distributed. It's a troubling factor in an altogether troubling situation.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 17, 2014, 04:18:18 pm »

It was distributed, but the guys whose name is on the leaflet denied. So it was a false-flag op.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 17, 2014, 04:19:35 pm »

It was distributed, but the guys whose name is on the leaflet denied. So it was a false-flag op.
Or they did it but then denied it to try and make it look like opposition to them must be anti-Semitic. A double-false-flag.

Trust me, history has seen stranger things.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 17, 2014, 04:22:59 pm »

This site is showing a picture of a poster by the "Donetsk independent republic", asking all Jews to register with the new government or loose their properties. Translation here.

So, do you think this is real? It could be very ugly.

It's already starting to cause trouble.

Even if it were a false flag op, the damage has already been done. Damage to who, remains to be seen.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #944 on: April 17, 2014, 04:23:33 pm »

Sounds more like a con-artist, honestly.

What does it actually say about the money?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 136