Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156218 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #660 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:17 am »

Warn, then warning shots, then shoot. Every self resecting army would act like that As soon as they interfere with movements of the army they are  not civilians. Don't tell me that if group of Civilian did that in Russia your soldiers would act in the same way.

Video doesn't show what happened with the tank later... I hope the crew wasn't stupid enough to give it away (I find it rather strange that tank alone...)

Oh, and progressive democracy doesn't have problem with despising traitors and collaborators

And that is not a civil war. No more than if some Arabs would decide to block Israeli tanks in Israel. Or throw rocks at them.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 15, 2014, 06:03:09 am »

Warn, then warning shots, then shoot. Every self resecting army would act like that As soon as they interfere with movements of the army they are  not civilians. Don't tell me that if group of Civilian did that in Russia your soldiers would act in the same way.

Video doesn't show what happened with the tank later... I hope the crew wasn't stupid enough to give it away (I find it rather strange that tank alone...)

Oh, and progressive democracy doesn't have problem with despising traitors and collaborators

And that is not a civil war. No more than if some Arabs would decide to block Israeli tanks in Israel. Or throw rocks at them.
"The boy and the image subsequently assumed iconic status within the Palestinian territories as a symbol of opposition to the area's occupation by Israel".

Either you surrender your weapons, or you'll make martyrs and separate your country even further.
._.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 15, 2014, 06:05:37 am »

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #663 on: April 15, 2014, 06:14:24 am »

About video, I kinda don't understand it fully, but somebody in the video said that these guys were recently mobilized.

EDIT: Replace "mobilized" with "conscripted".
Hm, it's not much, but every bit of information is appreciated. Thanks.

Why...would they not use Cyrillic, let alone write in English?
I take it this could be a translated letter, so us non-Russian/Ukrainian speaking foreigners could understand it, but seems a bit strange to go so far as to directly translate the original text while not providing this original at the same time...
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 15, 2014, 06:17:05 am »

Sergarr, You see, If Israel would try to incorporate guys like that boy in their state.... There are would be no state of Israel. You can't incorporate some who hates you. I think Israeli tank crew acted in an absolutely proper way when shot that teenager dead. Whatever liberals and pacifists may think

Quite a lot people in Eastern regions simply hate everything Ukrainian. But they are not majority there.  Not even close. For example: In captured Slavyansk, ~100 000 city, at most five  thousands actively support that crap + maybe 20 000 are sympathetic, others are scared to death and effectively hostages... And most of the armed men aren't from that city, likely many from Russia, probably including trained Spec Ops. )
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 15, 2014, 06:22:13 am »

Sergarr, You see, If Israel would try to incorporate guys like that boy in their state.... There are would be no state of Israel. You can't incorporate some who hates you. I think Israeli tank crew acted in an absolutely proper way when shot that teenager dead. Whatever liberals and pacifists may think

Quite a lot people in Eastern regions simply hate everything Ukrainian. But they are not majority there.  Not even close. For example: In captured Slavyansk, ~100 000 city, at most five  thousands actively support that crap + maybe 20 000 are sympathetic, others are scared to death and effectively hostages... And most of the armed men aren't from that city, likely many from Russia, probably including trained Spec Ops. )
Did you just indirectly suggested to genocide the russian sympathizing people in Ukraine or am I blind

EDIT: So, the best way to deal with a guy who hates you is to kill him. Is that what you think? Seriously?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:25:54 am by Sergarr »
._.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 15, 2014, 06:26:52 am »

Why...would they not use Cyrillic, let alone write in English?
I take it this could be a translated letter, so us non-Russian/Ukrainian speaking foreigners could understand it, but seems a bit strange to go so far as to directly translate the original text while not providing this original at the same time...
Trying to find a larger version, but here's the original.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 15, 2014, 06:30:51 am »

I suggest to shoot armed terrorists that took thousands of Ukrainian citizens as hostages
I suggest to treat anyone who supports that terrorists via action in a proper way.

I don't suggest ethnic cleansings and never will. So yeah. You are blind

Ask yourself what would Russian Army do if group of Ukrainians started something like that somewhere in Voronezh?

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 15, 2014, 07:08:41 am »

I just can't really grasp how armed men can take over buildings without getting bombarded to death, assuming re-taking the buildings by foot is too risky.

Imagine a gang taking over a government building in the united states. non of them would be left alive.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 15, 2014, 07:12:55 am »

I suggest to shoot armed terrorists that took thousands of Ukrainian citizens as hostages
I suggest to treat anyone who supports that terrorists via action in a proper way.

I don't suggest ethnic cleansings and never will. So yeah. You are blind

Ask yourself what would Russian Army do if group of Ukrainians started something like that somewhere in Voronezh?

Russian Army? Nothing. The police force would be likely to cordon off areas, and a special ops group or three would be dispatched to monitor the situation and prevent escalation, but honestly, I think that would be it. Contrary to your image of the ideal patriotic soldier, most of our armed forces - and, evidently, your armed forces - seem to be at least decent enough human beings that discharging high-caliber automatic firearms into a crowd of unarmed anyone-s is pretty close to the bottom on their scale of acceptable responses.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 15, 2014, 07:29:47 am »

I just can't really grasp how armed men can take over buildings without getting bombarded to death, assuming re-taking the buildings by foot is too risky.
It is risky... Terrorists have newest Russian RPG-30s , so even tanks is not a good option. Iglas(Russian hand-held SAMs) is likely too, so helicopters is not a  safe option, either.

I repeat: Unfortunately Ukrainian armed forces are not anything like Israeli. Not equipped enough, not trained enough, have no battle experience and doesn't have right mentality to kill enemies.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 15, 2014, 07:33:10 am »

Russian Army? Nothing. The police force would be likely to cordon off areas, and a special ops group or three would be dispatched to monitor the situation and prevent escalation, but honestly, I think that would be it. Contrary to your image of the ideal patriotic soldier, most of our armed forces - and, evidently, your armed forces - seem to be at least decent enough human beings that discharging high-caliber automatic firearms into a crowd of unarmed anyone-s is pretty close to the bottom on their scale of acceptable responses.

Haven't the Russian security people solved several such problems with Chechnyans using the more dakka approach?  An incident where they gassed hostages and terrorists alike and killed a bunch of hostages in a theatre springs to mind.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 15, 2014, 07:54:02 am »

Haven't the Russian security people solved several such problems with Chechnyans using the more dakka approach?  An incident where they gassed hostages and terrorists alike and killed a bunch of hostages in a theatre springs to mind.
Yeah, that one's pretty notorious. The plan was sound, the problem was that there were no medical teams on standby. Many unconscious people suffocated due to the haste with which the building had to be cleared - they were in some cases literally piled up as they were taken out of the theater. So yeah, they are not without their failings, but they are not cruel enough to knowingly kill civilians - the whole idea of that plan was to take everyone out, so that civilians could not be used as shields. The russian phrase that describes it best is "Хотели как лучше, а получилось как всегда" (lit. "wanted to do what's better, ended up doing as usual" - a good plan ending up going badly).
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 15, 2014, 07:59:15 am »

It is risky... Terrorists have newest Russian RPG-30s , so even tanks is not a good option. Iglas(Russian hand-held SAMs) is likely too, so helicopters is not a  safe option, either.
How about artillery?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 15, 2014, 08:02:59 am »

How about artillery?
Well, I wouldn't call artillery a precise weapon, even today. So trying to bombard the building with terrorist inside without blowing up everything around might be somewhat problematic.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 136