Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156483 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #270 on: April 10, 2014, 04:19:39 pm »

@ the European forumers: I'm sure there are plenty of geographically ignorant people in your countries.
I'm sure that is true. However, since the stereotype already exists and we like to feel intellectually superior, we are probably going to continue making fun of you.  :P

Bielefield is some WWI thing in Belgium right?
Bielefeld is just a myth.

You Europeans and your extremely long history, *grabs XXSockXX and puts him into a !!!Sock!!!* lawl. Random DF humorness.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 10, 2014, 04:34:56 pm »

Bielefield is some WWI thing in Belgium right?
Bielefeld is just a myth.
That's what I said. "In Belgium"
Belgium is a myth? Then the Entente was the agressor in 1914! We want our money back!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2014, 06:33:35 pm »

@ the European forumers: I'm sure there are plenty of geographically ignorant people in your countries.
I'm sure that is true. However, since the stereotype already exists and we like to feel intellectually superior, we are probably going to continue making fun of you.  :P
As opposed to the "Europeans are elves smug elitists" thing, which would have to be false to be a stereotype.

I've gone over the poll before, but it's easy enough to say that any poll that claims people think Ukraine is in Kansas has sampling work to improve on.  Plus, if you take out the obvious trolls, there's not much wrong with it frankly. Not America's fault Eastern Europe looks like shattered glass.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2014, 12:39:05 am »

As opposed to the "Europeans are elves smug elitists" thing, which would have to be false to be a stereotype.

I've gone over the poll before, but it's easy enough to say that any poll that claims people think Ukraine is in Kansas has sampling work to improve on.  Plus, if you take out the obvious trolls, there's not much wrong with it frankly. Not America's fault Eastern Europe looks like shattered glass.

Depends. The US was involved with the fall of the USSR and Yoegoslavia, so ...

* Darvi waves.

Heck, most people I've asked don't even know where Bielefeld is probably because it doesn't actually exist.
Germany, but it really is just a myth.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2014, 01:11:02 am »

Any developments?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2014, 03:48:01 am »

The fall of the USSR was inevitable even if the USA would have had nothing to do with it.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2014, 03:57:59 am »

The fall of the USSR was inevitable even if the USA would have had nothing to do with it.
Yes, the system was falling apart by itself.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2014, 04:41:11 am »

Same goes for Yugoslavia.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2014, 05:51:35 am »

Russia seems to be signaling a willingness to have talks with Ukrainian representatives and EU representatives. There are conditions though, Russian FM Lavrov stressed Russia wanted a guarantee of Ukrainian neutrality.
While this doesn't seem unreasonable in itself, many people have proposed it before, it has worked out well for countries like Finland and Austria and the Ukrainian government itself has asked Austria for advice on neutrality, blackmailing a country into neutrality with soldiers and gas prices is not exactly a promising perspective.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2014, 06:09:24 am »

Blackmailing a country into neutrality is abominable for all kinds of reasons.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 11, 2014, 06:13:34 am »

"Hey we just invaded and annexed a part of your country.We're willing to talk about not invading further if you listen to our conditions"

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 11, 2014, 06:17:33 am »

Yeah, it defeats the purpose of neutrality, it will ensure permanent sour relations between Russia and Ukraine, and most importantly, it leaves Ukriane without any guarantees. Well, they had one before of course, but Russia unilaterally decided it was invalid, so there's that.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 11, 2014, 06:23:01 am »

Yeah, it defeats the purpose of neutrality, it will ensure permanent sour relations between Russia and Ukraine, and most importantly, it leaves Ukriane without any guarantees. Well, they had one before of course, but Russia unilaterally decided it was invalid, so there's that.

Not only that, I think it's morally wrong because it is Imperialist and violates the right of nations to national self determination.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 11, 2014, 06:25:40 am »

The kicker?  If the EU agrees to those conditions.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Make love not war
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 136