Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156564 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2014, 02:02:15 pm »

PTFing, hoping this one doesn't go down in flames too.
This is a blank sig.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2014, 02:02:33 pm »

In terms of aims, goals and function there is very little difference between Russia's actions over Ukraine and North Korea's threats last April. Arguably though the DPRK was all bluff and bluster while Russia is actually a threat, considering they have already annexed part of a European country and seem poised to annex more at a moment's notice.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2014, 02:37:50 pm »

You know what pisses me most in all that events? That people of 1 million sized city and 4+ million region are sitting at their homes when their future is decided.

Go on the streets to say that you support your country against aggression. Go on the streets to say that you want to join Russia. Go on the streets to say that you want federalization. Go on the streets to say that you want to be an independent country. Don't sit at homes letting some people to decide your fate for you!

They were exactly the same during Maydan... Not supporting it, not opposing it, just waiting...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2014, 02:46:02 pm »

You know what pisses me most in all that events? That people of 1 million sized city and 4+ million region are sitting at their homes when their future is decided.

Go on the streets to say that you support your country against aggression. Go on the streets to say that you want to join Russia. Go on the streets to say that you want federalization. Go on the streets to say that you want to be an independent country. Don't sit at homes letting some people to decide your fate for you!

They were exactly the same during Maydan... Not supporting it, not opposing it, just waiting...

Inb4 claims of legitimacy.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:21:33 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2014, 02:53:16 pm »

http://inagist.com/all/453228271254392832/

At this rate the future president of Ukraine won't have a country to rule.
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2014, 02:53:49 pm »

Guys, please, what did I say in the first post? Don't hate each other, you are all good people!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2014, 03:08:04 pm »

BTW, Ukrainian jet are patrolling the skies over Donetsk, Luhansk and Kharkiv. I think it is just in case if  helicopters with self defense squads will appear
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2014, 03:19:01 pm »

That passive behaviour is odd indeed. The Ukrainian police hasn't done much to stop the pro-Russian protesters and there is no Russian army there like it was in Crimea, so the people would be relatively free to express some opinion either way. If a couple hundred protesters seize the government and declare a new republic and the majority doesn't do anything, neither protest nor celebrate, that's odd.

BTW, Ukrainian jet are patrolling the skies over Donetsk, Luhansk and Kharkiv. I think it is just in case if  helicopters with self defense squads will appear
I thought they already came with busses and in cars, at least some provocateurs did earlier. Anyway, there are no Russian troops there like in Crimea, so they can't just sneak in on that scale in Eastern Ukraine. This time, if they send troops, everybody will know right away.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2014, 03:22:41 pm »

Not, really Sock. It's not odd as much as it is Eastern European idiocy and complacency.Many, many people don't really care about what's happening, even though it affects them greatly.This is observed in Romania too, where the government abuses it's powers, and the people do nothing.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:34:45 pm by Xeron »

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2014, 03:25:59 pm »

Not, really Sock. It's not odd as much as it is Eastern European idiocy and complacency.Many, many people don't really care about what's happening, even thought it affects them greatly.This is observed in Romania too, where the government abuses it's powers, and the people do nothing.
Yeah, I suspect this might be a result of many decades of bad experience with governments, be it communist regimes or corrupt post-communist governments. Still, if it's about really essential stuff, like secession for example, this behaviour is a bit baffling.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2014, 03:33:55 pm »

I would very much like to lurk here.  so ptw.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2014, 03:39:22 pm »

Not, really Sock. It's not odd as much as it is Eastern European idiocy and complacency.Many, many people don't really care about what's happening, even though it affects them greatly.This is observed in Romania too, where the government abuses it's powers, and the people do nothing.
Not only eastern Europe. Mob movement in humans is a very strange thing. (Because you know, that's what it is. Nobody wants to be the first to go take stuff to the streets.)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2014, 04:38:15 pm »

The complacency might also stem from deeply ingrained pessimism and defeatism that is endemic to Eastern Europe.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2014, 05:01:38 pm »

Ukrainian special ops recaptured a state security building in Donetsk, apparently.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2014, 05:03:00 pm »

Ukrainian special ops recaptured a state security building in Donetsk, apparently.
Looks like somebody doesn't like to take crap from random protesters at least.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 136