Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156601 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2014, 03:06:43 pm »

UR, please, consider this: http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/03/29/western-looting-ukraine-begun-paul-craig-roberts/
It looks quite serious.
It is now apparent that the “Maiden protests” in Kiev were in actuality a Washington organized coup against the elected democratic government. The purpose of the coup is to put NATO military bases on Ukraine’s border with Russia and to impose an IMF austerity program that serves as cover for Western financial interests to loot the country. The sincere idealistic protesters who took to the streets without being paid were the gullible dupes of the plot to destroy their country.
That's exactly what Russian conspiracy theorists think, for better or for worse.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2014, 03:07:22 pm »

The corruption involved is legendary, so the direct result of the gullible Maiden protesters will be lower Ukrainian living standards, more corruption, loss of sovereignty over the country’s economic policy, and the transfer of Ukrainian public and private property to Western interests.
LMAO. The whole article is hilarious but the bolded part is simply the best.
Loss of sovereignty over economic policy is another LOL moment.

Really, frightening Ukrainians with the West when we have Russian troops in Crimea, Russian agents everywhere  and very likely invasion in the next few days(events in Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv look too similar to the Crimean scenario) is pointless.
I am wondering how much Russians pay for articles like that?

UR, please, consider this: http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/03/29/western-looting-ukraine-begun-paul-craig-roberts/
It looks quite serious.
Don't bother with that crap, UR.
Too late... But I had a good laugh
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2014, 03:11:25 pm »

Hmm, need to make a plan to GTFO, since i doubt Putin will just stop.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2014, 03:15:41 pm »

I am wondering how much Russians pay for articles like that?

Quite a bit actually, they run newspapers and tv stations throughout the west so they always have a mouthpiece.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2014, 03:16:00 pm »

URL, to be fair, you have been predicting "invasion tomorrow" for quite a while now, and it still hasn't happened.

But really, do you believe that the new government will be less corrupt, or do you thing that another Yanukovich will rise and run your country like a private palace for his clique all over again?

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2014, 03:19:31 pm »

It looks quite serious.
It is now apparent that the “Maiden protests” in Kiev were in actuality a Washington organized coup against the elected democratic government. The purpose of the coup is to put NATO military bases on Ukraine’s border with Russia and to impose an IMF austerity program that serves as cover for Western financial interests to loot the country. The sincere idealistic protesters who took to the streets without being paid were the gullible dupes of the plot to destroy their country.

There is also this http://www.globalresearch.ca/regime-change-in-ukraine-and-the-imfs-bitter-economic-medicine/5374877 link in the article above, which needs to be read.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2014, 03:20:00 pm »

Xeron, Romania is fairly down on the list of places Putin might invade. For starter it's in NATO. And even if he want to attack NATO, the Baltic states are a much better target.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2014, 03:21:06 pm »

Wouldn't a non-NATO country be easier to invade, though?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2014, 03:29:07 pm »

Speaking about the threat of the West:

Dear, American Nation. Can you please occupy us like you did with Iraq and Afghanistan? We are much better target for an occupation, while we may not have as much oil as Irag we have more than Afghanistan. If that is not enough we have some shale gas. We'll not object if you'll execute our current politicians, force each and every Ukrainian to learn English or put few dozens of permanent military bases on our territory

We have better climate than that middle eastern desert. Our army will promptly surrender the next day after you start an invasion. We will not wage guerrilla warfare and Ukrainians will not blow up civilian targets in USA. Finally that will be an epic geopolitical trolling of Russia

We only ask you to bring law and order and replace Ukrainian justice system with American military police and neutralize as many Russian agents as you can.

Eh... Dreams....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2014, 03:30:29 pm »

Ranger, I am honestly concerned your dislike for Russia might not be rational...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2014, 03:31:51 pm »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2014, 03:38:42 pm »

Ranger, I am honestly concerned your dislike for Russia might not be rational...
That's only because you don't live in a country bordering Russia. From where I'm standing his reaction is perfectly reasonable, even if Russia doesn't invade rest of Ukraine.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2014, 03:41:49 pm »

Well, I guess that technically Russia doesn't border itself. :p

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2014, 03:42:55 pm »

Yeah, but he's running out of non-NATO country to invade. :p Although Kazakhstan is apparently getting nervous and accelerating its policy of "Kazakhing" the north of the country.
So basically, Putin's long term plan is to send Russian immigrants to nearby territories, bump up Russian demographics and later invade said territories with "referenda" once the Russians now consider their new home Russian and starts rioting in the street. Rinse and repeat.

Best laid plan.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2014, 03:46:34 pm »

Not really. His plan seems to either use existing Russians minorities (Crimea) or fabricate Russians citizens out of thin air by handing out passports (South Ossetia, Abkhazia).

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 136