Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156498 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 08, 2014, 03:54:47 pm »

Guys, is that terrorism or those are exactly like Maydan guys?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 08, 2014, 03:57:31 pm »

Pretty sure that stops being a question when you start taking hostages at gunpoint and threaten to blow up buildings, yeah...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 08, 2014, 03:57:51 pm »

I actually know one shop here that often has even emptier shelves, because the manager tries to reduce waste rather than just have the kind of display extravangaza that makes for more sales.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 08, 2014, 04:09:57 pm »

The problem either way is that potentially dead civilians would be a pretext for Russian interference. So this strategy is a problem for the Ukrainian security forces.

In Kharkiv, some protesters stormed a theater, thinking it was city hall, which might indicate they aren't locals.

I actually know one shop here that often has even emptier shelves, because the manager tries to reduce waste rather than just have the kind of display extravangaza that makes for more sales.
Yeah, but in any chain supermarket here you wouldn't see something like that normally, except with perishable goods like bread and fresh fruit or vegetables. Still a picture alone doesn't say much.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 08, 2014, 04:12:23 pm »

In Kharkiv, some protesters stormed a theater, thinking it was city hall, which might indicate they aren't locals.

"Typical government incompetance wasting time with theatrics and music when they should be... oh where are we?"
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 08, 2014, 04:15:21 pm »

That shop is actually a franchise for a well-known supermarket chain. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 08, 2014, 04:18:38 pm »

That photo reminds me of the US, right before a major snow storm is about to hit.

It's not inconceivable that supply lines, distributors and all sorts of things have been fucked up by this. Or that Crimeans are as subject to panic buying as any other human.

If it's still that way in a month, then I'd start pointing to it as a continuing trend.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 08, 2014, 04:18:54 pm »

The problem either way is that potentially dead civilians would be a pretext for Russian interference. So this strategy is a problem for the Ukrainian security forces.

Yeah, but in any chain supermarket here you wouldn't see something like that normally, except with perishable goods like bread and fresh fruit or vegetables. Still a picture alone doesn't say much.

Any reason why the webroot antivirus keeps throwing up a report that the Moscow Times page is unsafe? I've heard of russian sites tending to be virus infected, though I know it's not ALL russian sites. But if my antivirus is throwing a warning up and blocking the page, well, better safe than sorry because I have no way of knowing whether Moscow Times website (or it could be some ads rather than the website) is infected or not.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 08, 2014, 04:19:41 pm »

Any reason why the webroot antivirus keeps throwing up a report that the Moscow Times page is unsafe? I've heard of russian sites tending to be virus infected, though I know it's not ALL russian sites. But if my antivirus is throwing a warning up and blocking the page, well, better safe than sorry because I have no way of knowing whether Moscow Times website (or it could be some ads rather than the website) is infected or not.

Do you have adblock installed? My guess it would be one of the ads being served on the site which is alerting your AV.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 08, 2014, 04:24:10 pm »

My antivirus doesn't complain about the site. I also use Adblock.
The article doesn't expand a lot on the headline, so it's not like you miss anything if you can't see the site.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #235 on: April 08, 2014, 04:25:54 pm »

I...That can't be right. Can't those people, you know, read?? Aren't there some sort of signposts outside to indicate what kind of buildings are those?
Either there are none, that article is wrong or those have to be world's most incompetent separatist/payed provocateurs.  ???
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 08, 2014, 04:26:15 pm »

http://www.trust.org/item/20140408153409-ae0nr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lsYaEKyNsY&app=desktop

So yeah, getting reports from multiple places about this now. 60 hostages, armed gunmen, building is rigged to explode.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 08, 2014, 04:33:32 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By65NpHFsKM

:D

They really should ban those idiots, but its still funny.
Make love not war

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 08, 2014, 04:42:37 pm »

I...That can't be right. Can't those people, you know, read?? Aren't there some sort of signposts outside to indicate what kind of buildings are those?
Either there are none, that article is wrong or those have to be world's most incompetent separatist/payed provocateurs.  ???
Well, when you see an impressive building, you storm first and ask questions later.
Apparently a journalist who's in Kharkiv posted it on his Facebook profile and other media picked up on it.

http://www.trust.org/item/20140408153409-ae0nr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lsYaEKyNsY&app=desktop

So yeah, getting reports from multiple places about this now. 60 hostages, armed gunmen, building is rigged to explode.
I guess that puts them rather on the terrorist side, as far as the earlier discussion is concerned.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 08, 2014, 04:52:51 pm »

Do you have adblock installed? My guess it would be one of the ads being served on the site which is alerting your AV.

I do have the FireFox AdBlock plus, but the antivirus threw the warning before I put the FF adblock in.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 136