Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156514 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2014, 12:41:36 pm »

I like how the definition of terrorism has expanded to political dissidents.

I was talking about the game Arma 2.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2014, 01:10:44 pm »

Welcome back to the USSR, Crimea
And that is one of the larger cities. On other hand, who needs that dairy products?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2014, 02:26:23 pm »

Scarce resources in stores and yet nobody wants the milk, heh.

I'm questioning why the dairy products aren't in the refrigerated section, they're going to spoil faster. Unless that is the refrigerated section using cold air.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 08, 2014, 02:29:21 pm »

Those look your standard open-sided refrigeration displays.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 08, 2014, 02:46:02 pm »

I wasn't completely sure but then realized that yeah they are.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 08, 2014, 02:53:48 pm »

It's mostly  Kefir on the photo. Also, I can see sweetened condensed milk and whey.  If milk is present it is further away
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 08, 2014, 02:56:04 pm »

Knowing UR's anti-Russia bias, I don't see anything out of the ordinary in that picture. Not a lot of goods, yes, but this happens all the time after particularly busy days.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 08, 2014, 03:06:51 pm »

Knowing UR's anti-Russia bias, I don't see anything out of the ordinary in that picture. Not a lot of goods, yes, but this happens all the time after particularly busy days.
Indeed. I could snap photos of emptier (and sadder, like an entire bread stall with a single loaf sitting in it) stores if I had a mind to, right where I live. Scarcity can sure play a part in this kind of thing, but that picture? That's entirely normal.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 08, 2014, 03:13:34 pm »

Looks pretty sparse to me. Especially since UR said that most of the remaining stuff was kefir, I have never quite understood what one is supposed to do with the stuff.

But it might have just been a busy day. Wouldn't be surprised if peoples reaction to the events has been to buy more food. Generally unwise to make generalizations from a single photo.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 08, 2014, 03:31:31 pm »

Yes, I agree, one photo can't prove that much. I would prefer more photos myself. I am very curios about what the real situation in Crimea is... And finding neutral sources is a problem.
But this is logical to assume that problems with supplying exist. Supply chains aren't easy to reconfigure that fast.

That kefir is clearly Ukrainian (because labels are in Ukrainian) and I suspect it is from local producer because moving goods from mainland Ukraine is not impossible but not easy and not risk-free.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 08, 2014, 03:33:02 pm »

Indeed. I could snap photos of emptier (and sadder, like an entire bread stall with a single loaf sitting in it) stores if I had a mind to, right where I live. Scarcity can sure play a part in this kind of thing, but that picture? That's entirely normal.

Where do you live? Russia, right? I've never seen shelves that sparse at a grocery store, unless the place was going out of business or there was a major disaster like a hurricane or flood.

Maybe it is just a Russia thing! Since Crimea is part of Russia now it makes perfect sense.

At first, I just assumed like cerapa did that it was just a result of the instability, but if, as you say, this is a normal thing for Russia, that... sort of makes it feel a bit worse?

Still, it could just be that Russian stores try to run tighter margins.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:35:35 pm by GlyphGryph »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 08, 2014, 03:38:08 pm »

Doesn't look usual but it's probably just the trucks got held up on the other side of the border thanks to the invasion, not an omen of soviet breadlines to come.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 08, 2014, 03:40:39 pm »

Going out of business may be an answer. Ukrainian\Western networks may decide that adapting to that juridical nightmare is not worth it and pull out

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2014, 03:46:30 pm »

Going out of business may be an answer. Ukrainian\Western networks may decide that adapting to that juridical nightmare is not worth it and pull out
Russian retail companies will only applaud them for such a decision.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2014, 03:47:03 pm »

Doesn't look usual but it's probably just the trucks got held up on the other side of the border thanks to the invasion, not an omen of soviet breadlines to come.
Yeah, I mean, that's what I had initially assumed, disaster-equivalent transportation problems coupled with good reason to buy and hoard. But Mirrsen and Knit Tie are arguing that it is, in fact, usual, and I was under the impression they would know?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 136