Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156519 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: Righteous Idignation Edition.
« Reply #1530 on: April 28, 2014, 06:55:25 am »

There's also Belarusians among their ranks too, I hear.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 28, 2014, 07:08:03 am »

What's a protest tourist, anyway?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 28, 2014, 07:38:49 am »

Someone who comes from another country looking for a bit of excitement by acting against a government that isn't theirs.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 28, 2014, 07:41:43 am »

Yeah, or generally going abroad to get into protests. It's not always the kind that want to wreck a government, I've seen activists traveling to protests at WTO or Climate Change meetings called protest tourists too.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: Righteous Idignation Edition.
« Reply #1534 on: April 28, 2014, 08:31:21 am »

Yeah, or generally going abroad to get into protests. It's not always the kind that want to wreck a government, I've seen activists traveling to protests at WTO or Climate Change meetings called protest tourists too.

Those are international meetings though.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 28, 2014, 09:31:56 am »

Yeah, I mean, I can see people calling them that, but in my mind it's really not the same thing - more similar to someone from Arizona marching on DC, where it's just the reality of something effecting you taking away in a faraway place. For it to be protest tourism, I think there needs to be an element of it actually being related to foreign concerns rather than international ones.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 28, 2014, 10:26:37 am »

Question:
I can understand not attacking buildings they've already taken, but why stand aside for them?
I have a theory... Our security forces are composed of: outright Pro-Russia traitors, incompetent idiots, corrupted folk, cowards, enthusiastic but rushy and absolutely unexperienced patriots and few, few people who are actually know how to do the job and want to do it.

I am rather amazed how the whole thing didn't collapse, yet

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #1537 on: April 28, 2014, 11:26:52 am »

So... the country is lost... I see no attempts of resistance from our government.  (pro)Russians are allowed to do just anything. I don't know is that absolute incompetence, cowardice or a treason but that is a fact. No attempts to do something but empty ultimatums and screams "Russia is bad" from our foreign ministry

Now we'll see what Ukrainian military  units will try do at least something and how will guerrilla form

I still have some small hope that they have some cunning plan...

Yep I am in a pessimist mode again

Cyanide is in apple-seeds for Chrissakes.
Cyanide is one of the most common toxins plants use for self-defense. I think hundreds if not thousands of plants contain it. Luckily our body is quite good at handling low doses of it.

Wave of pessimism have passed. Guys, when you see more defeatism like that from me... please  slap me in the face through your monitor :)

The pessimism strikes again?
._.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 28, 2014, 11:33:25 am »

Maybe not necessarily. When you put out an open recruiting call trying to draft many militia/soldiers in a hurry, you get a mixed bag. Including, no doubt, separatists who want to work from within Ukrainian Organizations.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 28, 2014, 11:52:13 am »

In fact, no  pessimism here.
Uncertainty, yep. Pessimism no. There are many bad things but quite a few good things are here, too. Yeah, security forces are in a very sour state but at least they somehow control situation outside of Eastern Ukraine. And I think they are slowly improving. 

Things could be much much worse if that military airfield near Kramatorsk was lost. Or if soldiers of that base in Mariupol didn't open fire and surrendered. Or if that stockpile in Soledar that has hundreds of thousands of small arms (mostly WW2 era stuff) stockpiled wasn't controlled by our forces.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 28, 2014, 12:02:19 pm »

Maybe not necessarily. When you put out an open recruiting call trying to draft many militia/soldiers in a hurry, you get a mixed bag. Including, no doubt, separatists who want to work from within Ukrainian Organizations.

Well, there's a traditional folk remedy for such people, somewhat similar to the traditional method of defence against the Feyfolk. Injected at high velocities.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 28, 2014, 01:45:35 pm »

Well, I just wanted to PTW this thread, but I remembered that I played this little game - Battle on the Black Sea. It seems almost relevant in this situation :).

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 28, 2014, 02:37:06 pm »

Except for the part where Crimea is in Ukraine color.

Although I think nobody would expect that something like the Crimea invasion could happen without instantly triggering multiple casus bellis and coalition formation.
._.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 28, 2014, 03:01:10 pm »

Whatever geopolitical game I'm playing, I end up building a militarized industrial autarky with dictatorship/communism/monarchy (one of those) :-\
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 28, 2014, 03:02:39 pm »

Me too!

*High-five his dicta-bro*

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 136