Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!  (Read 54611 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!
« Reply #540 on: April 29, 2014, 09:40:17 pm »

So, who wants to run the informal game?

If nobody else wants to, I volunteer as tribute.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 29, 2014, 09:41:38 pm »

No, I want to shoot you in the face again.

I wish I could run it, but there's no way I'd be able.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 29, 2014, 09:44:19 pm »

What, exactly, did I do that was scummy?
- Hastily killing Ottofar for basically no reason, even though you had an actual suspect in the form of NQT
- Agreeing to follow the plan of someone you apparently thought was scum
- Lying about your role
- Quick-killing again at the start of day 8, and coming up with a completely incorrect plan to justify it.  Also you had two previous chances to make the same shot but didn't for some reason

I would say that mastahcheese had no reason to rush the kill on you so much, though.  You'd already used your shot so you weren't a threat.

If my guard was sent in, they would kill me.  If not, they would kill Toaster and have a perfect scapegoat of me to quickhammer the next day.
Bodyguards kill the killer in xylbot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 29, 2014, 09:46:03 pm »

What, exactly, did I do that was scummy?
- Hastily killing Ottofar for basically no reason, even though you had an actual suspect in the form of NQT
- Agreeing to follow the plan of someone you apparently thought was scum
- Lying about your role
- Quick-killing again at the start of day 8, and coming up with a completely incorrect plan to justify it.  Also you had two previous chances to make the same shot but didn't for some reason

I would say that mastahcheese had no reason to rush the kill on you so much, though.  You'd already used your shot so you weren't a threat.

If my guard was sent in, they would kill me.  If not, they would kill Toaster and have a perfect scapegoat of me to quickhammer the next day.
Bodyguards kill the killer in xylbot.
Ah, but I claimed the weak guard.  Not normal.  Please do a fact check before you say things.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 29, 2014, 09:46:11 pm »

The rules would be the same, except that when a King Mafia wins that player would stay, 6 new players would get added, and a new King Mafia would be chosen. That way the player who won could potentially get a "hot streak" if they're lucky and they shouldn't be pushed out of the game for doing well either. This also means the King Mafia's role would not be explicitly revealed if they won.

I'm unsure how hosting would work. I was thinking it would be cool if multiple people could host and keep the game running whenever, but that could cause issues if say a player hosts a game previously, and then enters a later round with information that's still relevant (like somebody's role) to get an edge. There would have to be a bit of regulation there.

You could also just have the OP run every single round but that could get tiresome after a few months and dozens of rounds.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 29, 2014, 09:47:24 pm »

The rules would be the same, except that when a King Mafia wins that player would stay, 6 new players would get added, and a new King Mafia would be chosen. That way the player who won could potentially get a "hot streak" if they're lucky and they shouldn't be pushed out of the game for doing well either. This also means the King Mafia's role would not be explicitly revealed if they won.

I'm unsure how hosting would work. I was thinking it would be cool if multiple people could host and keep the game running whenever, but that could cause issues if say a player hosts a game previously, and then enters a later round with information that's still relevant (like somebody's role) to get an edge. There would have to be a bit of regulation there.

You could also just have the OP run every single round but that could get tiresome after a few months and dozens of rounds.
I'll start it, I guess.  If I get tired of it, I'll request a new mod and wait until everyone with a known (to me) role is dead before joining.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 29, 2014, 09:51:06 pm »

Well I would hold on a bit. It hasn't even been an hour since this game ended.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 29, 2014, 09:51:52 pm »

Well I would hold on a bit. It hasn't even been an hour since this game ended.
Meh, I'll put it out there and see what bites, it may not start for a couple days though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 29, 2014, 10:04:39 pm »

I'd play at least a few round on the "off-season."

How long did the prior kings hold their crown?  Half a year or so, it looks like.  I'll put up a thread when the time is right.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 29, 2014, 10:06:10 pm »

I waited about a year.

Oh and before I forget:
All hail King Toaster! Master of appliances!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 29, 2014, 10:06:20 pm »

Oh, and who said Eavesdropper was a bad role?  It's basically an action cop that can also potentially pick up odd happenings in the night (blocks, ability gains, some automatic abilities, etc)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 29, 2014, 10:08:05 pm »

Oh, and who said Eavesdropper was a bad role?  It's basically an action cop that can also potentially pick up odd happenings in the night (blocks, ability gains, some automatic abilities, etc)
I said it was a bad role during standard bullshit as mafia.  I was whining about a role I didn't possess.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 29, 2014, 10:09:07 pm »

Yeah I would say Eavesdropper is better than a cop even, unless the mafia don't action for some reason.

To be fair, I believe 4maskwolf was trying to cover for what he said before during Round 3, so he downplayed his fake Eavesdropper role he didn't actually have.

EDIT:
What he said.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 29, 2014, 10:10:38 pm »

I guess that would work on a strange KM who thought you were capable of lying about your action but not capable of lying about your role? Whatever.

Eavesdropper is pretty good yeah, 4mask had to try and pretend it was a role that wasn't good for scumhunting in order to not die (surprised he got away with that)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 29, 2014, 10:12:44 pm »

I guess that would work on a strange KM who thought you were capable of lying about your action but not capable of lying about your role? Whatever.

Eavesdropper is pretty good yeah, 4mask had to try and pretend it was a role that wasn't good for scumhunting in order to not die (surprised he got away with that)
Hey, my bullshit as scum is somewhat solid.  As town, less so.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38