Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!  (Read 54593 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!
« Reply #525 on: April 29, 2014, 09:27:56 pm »

Other things that baffle me about round 4:
- The kills on both Tiruin and Ottofar.  The one on Tiruin was supposed to be due to the fact that she might be the daykiller, and the one on Ottofar was because he was the daykiller.  Why is that a scumtell?  Why would a KM with a huge advantage (being able to decide 2/3rds of the kills per cycle) want to throw that away entirely, except as a really bizarre act of WIFOM?  I also don't see why the Ottofar kill had to be made so hastily, he had already fired his shot.
- Why did 4mask go along with a plan that basically only worked if he was scum, and which was proposed by someone who he thought was scum?  A plan that would almost certainly result in his death?  And what's more, a plan that would expose his lie to someone else who he thought was town and put him into a 1v1 with another townie if he didn't die?
- Why did no-one even discuss the possibility of using redirect?
- Why did NQT want to no lynch even though he was clearly aware of the dangers of 3-man situations with scum daykillers?  What did he think a no lynch would accomplish, particularly on day 8?
I went along with the plan because I couldn't reverse it.  There was no way to make people think NQT was scum.  I damn nearly took NQT's head off in the night, but then decided to try and see if the scum would play along and try a Toaster kill.

I never told them about the redirect.

I was going to claim my full role the next day, I just needed not to die in the night.

But I was right about his memory.  Also, Cheese was quite quick on the draw there against me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 29, 2014, 09:29:03 pm »

Why on earth would the scum kill Toaster?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 29, 2014, 09:29:29 pm »

Can we please not let this all dissolve into arguments of blame and justification?
Please? I'll pardon you all.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 29, 2014, 09:30:16 pm »

Honestly?  I forgot Ghoul had a kill.  In my head, with four players starting with a daykill, one misfire and I won.  I expected the chances of that happening to be better with four players instead of three; a gamble that still paid off.

I think taking the unexpected route got people acting rather than thinking, which is what I wanted.

Also, if we had no-lynched again, I would have just shot Wolf N4.

It just goes to show that giving everyone a daykill is a hilariously terrible idea.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 29, 2014, 09:31:20 pm »

I don't think I'd be able to see 4mask as town either.
What, exactly, did I do that was scummy?

Why on earth would the scum kill Toaster?
If my guard was sent in, they would kill me.  If not, they would kill Toaster and have a perfect scapegoat of me to quickhammer the next day.

Can we please not let this all dissolve into arguments of blame and justification?
A fat lot of good that will do us.

Honestly?  I forgot Ghoul had a kill.  In my head, with four players starting with a daykill, one misfire and I won.  I expected the chances of that happening to be better with four players instead of three; a gamble that still paid off.

I think taking the unexpected route got people acting rather than thinking, which is what I wanted.

Also, if we had no-lynched again, I would have just shot Wolf N4.

It just goes to show that giving everyone a daykill is a hilariously terrible idea.
Normal ghoul doesn't, MY version did.  The version I didn't tell you I had.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 29, 2014, 09:31:56 pm »

...I love this.  :P

All hail the Toaster King! May be not burn us in his...sockets!

PPE
Nah, no it isn't. It's an incentive!
What makes it a hilariously terrible idea is what you do with your daykill.
I seriously didn't see any kind of routine scumhunting when the daykills rolled out.
Did people get tired and wanted it to end? o_O

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 29, 2014, 09:32:50 pm »

I've been thinking that if people enjoy this game mode enough, we should have an unofficial version during the "off-season", which would run endlessly.

That is, once the thread starts it would run over and over as players try to get as many King Mafia wins as possible. It would be fun to have a high score list in the OP or something.

And! It would be good practice for when next year's KotM actually happens, whenever Toaster plans on hosting, that is.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 29, 2014, 09:33:29 pm »

You're just bitter because I shot you in the face.

See? Tiru liked it!
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 29, 2014, 09:34:04 pm »

All hail the Toaster King! May be not burn us in his...sockets!

PPE
Nah, no it isn't. It's an incentive!
What makes it a hilariously terrible idea is what you do with your daykill.
I seriously didn't see any kind of routine scumhunting when the daykills rolled out.
Did people get tired and wanted it to end? o_O
nah, I had a plan.  A plan that involved eliminating my top scum list one by one.  And cheese was at the bottom of it.

I've been thinking that if people enjoy this game mode enough, we should have an unofficial version during the "off-season", which would run endlessly.

That is, once the thread starts it would run over and over as players try to get as many King Mafia wins as possible. It would be fun to have a high score list in the OP or something.

And! It would be good practice for when next year's KotM actually happens, whenever Toaster plans on hosting, that is.

WANT!!!!!!!

You're just bitter because I shot you in the face.

See? Tiru liked it!
not bitter, just plotting my revenge  :P

I don't actually hold it against you, though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 29, 2014, 09:34:27 pm »

I'm fully up for this >:D
I mean, I've found the fun of holding a kill in your hands, but makeinu's chastizing on how to use kills has really wised me up. :D

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 29, 2014, 09:35:21 pm »

YES.

PLEASE do off-season games.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 29, 2014, 09:35:59 pm »

YES.

PLEASE do off-season games.

I'm fully up for this >:D
I mean, I've found the fun of holding a kill in your hands, but makeinu's chastizing on how to use kills has really wised me up. :D

IT'S OFFICIAL, SOMEONE SHOULD RUN THIS!!!!!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 29, 2014, 09:36:29 pm »

Well, this ended quickly. I didn't get a chance to play again, but I'll have a chance next time.

Reading over stuff, 4mask seemed town because he thought of a strategy that would win the game for town, even if he was scum.

PPE: Stop writing so many posts so quickly!

Also, I'd definitely sign up for Toony's idea.

PPE #2: 6 posts in the time it took m to write this.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 29, 2014, 09:36:34 pm »

Oh, I know.

I just expect that in the next game, I'll get to say precisely one thing, and then I'll get day killed with you saying "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET SON"
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 29, 2014, 09:38:21 pm »

Oh, I know.

I just expect that in the next game, I'll get to say precisely one thing, and then I'll get day killed with you saying "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET SON"
lolz

My chosen role is not, in fact, daykiller.  I can't say what it is, but it's going to be lots of fun when I get to play it.

Plus, I don't hold grudges worth a damn.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38