Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!  (Read 54824 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 2 - Day 3
« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2014, 04:28:51 am »

Wolf
Watch out, you're enroute to being mod-killed and permabanned.
Eh?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2014, 04:35:11 am »

NQT PARTIAL CLAIM TO WIN THE ROUND

I can copy one other player's actions onto any player, including themselves. It's a one-shot. Tonight, Powder should Inspect me, and I'll copy Powder onto Shakerag. Whatever happens in the night, we end up with a bucket load of confirmed town players.

Scum can only kill one of us so:

If I die and Shakerag lives, then Powder and Cheese are confirmed town

If I die and Shakerag dies, then I have copied Powder's kill on me to Shakerag and you'll know he's scum

If Powder dies and I get an Inspection result, I'll either know Shakerag is scum or I'll have two confirmed townies versus the remaining scum (either Wolf or Sheep). The remaining town can be sure that Shakerag and Cheese are good and so can decide between lynching me or the remaining town player.

If Shakerag dies and I don't get an inspection result, I'll know Powder is scum: he'll pretend to be town with a scum inspection on me, one of us will be lynched and if it's me, I'll flip town and Powder will be confirmed scum.

If Shakerag dies and someone other than Powder dies, I'll know Powder's scum.

If no one dies and I get an Inspection result, we'll either have an Inspected scum (Shakerag) or two confirmed townies (Shakerag and Cheese). If no one dies and I don't get an Inspection result, then we'll still have survived a night with no town deaths and useful info for the next day and we'll have to see what Powder says.

Worst case scenario, there are some role shenanigans which mess things up. The chance of this can be minimised if all the town players avoid interfering with the role-inspection chain.

For this to work, if we kill anyone today, it needs to be either Wolf or Sheep. Wolf has given us the least to work with, so we should probably kill him unless he gives us a compelling reason not to. However, if he's modkilled anyway, we'll want to avoid a lynch lest we go into LYLO with a potentially unlynchable non-voter, Shakerag, still alive. Also, hopefully whoever we lynch will be scum and this whole thing will be unnecessary. I'm picking Shakerag to inspect because we might not be able to lynch him so it's most important we find out whether he's good or bad.

Does this sound like a good plan? More importantly, are you happy to go along with this Powder? Best case scenario, this confirms the roles of four players in one go (you, me, Cheese and Shakerag). Obviously, if you're scum you'll have good reasons for not wanting to go with this plan, so if you have any reservations, make them clear.

Tiruin
Wolf
Watch out, you're enroute to being mod-killed and permabanned.
Eh?
If he doesn't vote for 48 hours and takes no actions, he'd be modkilled and prevented from re-entering the game. Also, shush you, you're dead.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2014, 08:06:47 am »

Thanks for the reminder, NQT, I'll take that into consideration.

I can play tonight, okay. Until then, I'm at school. I'm sorry that life happened since I signed up, bud.

Alright, I'll get back to you later, but I think NQT has a good plan. Though can someone remind me how MastahCheese is town?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2014, 08:16:07 am »

Also, NQT is begging us not to kill him on account of a game breaking strategy. Yet if he is scum, he won't get an inspection result, but he can sure as he'll take one since he knows everyone else is scum. There is NO WAY to trust his word if we follow his strategy. Or any others. Or, for that matter, the word of anyone here. Unless we know they are confirmed town. Which is basically nobody.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2014, 08:22:16 am »

Don't have time to post more fully right now, but wanted to point out that a person with a town inspect on them is pretty much guaranteed town, since either the person inspecting is town and they're telling the truth or they're scum and the inspected person can't be scum anyway.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2014, 08:24:46 am »

Oh, and does this copy power give you the inspect result or give the inspector two results?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2014, 08:25:14 am »

Don't have time to post more fully right now, but wanted to point out that a person with a town inspect on them is pretty much guaranteed town, since either the person inspecting is town and they're telling the truth or they're scum and the inspected person can't be scum anyway.
Is that what happened with Cheese? Okay then, that's confirmed town if so.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2014, 08:26:43 am »

Yeah unless Innocent stuff, but that's unlikely.

Unvote

Vote NQT
for antilurk

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2014, 08:30:30 am »

Yeah unless Innocent stuff, but that's unlikely.

Unvote

Vote NQT
for antilurk
... That's hammer, isn't it...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2014, 08:34:32 am »

Well, I was about to say "sorry for not being here, I've had life and stuff, and now I'm back" but now it appears I arrived slightly too late.

Dang it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2014, 08:35:18 am »

Wolf
Also, NQT is begging us not to kill him on account of a game breaking strategy. Yet if he is scum, he won't get an inspection result, but he can sure as he'll take one since he knows everyone else is scum. There is NO WAY to trust his word if we follow his strategy. Or any others. Or, for that matter, the word of anyone here. Unless we know they are confirmed town. Which is basically nobody.
Just shows that you've not read a damn word I've said. I'm offering the town a way they can create more confirmed town players, whether or not anyone thinks I'm scum. The plan works, you're just sore I'm voting you. Are you going to give me a reason why the plan won't work? I believe I've covered all the possible outcomes.

Sheep
Oh, and does this copy power give you the inspect result or give the inspector two results?
It gives me the inspect result, I'm the one performing the action, the nature of the action depends on what Powder actually does. Do you understand how this plan is a better bet for finding scum than lynching me today?

(Also, not hammer: L-1. Sheep was already voting me.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2014, 08:38:39 am »

Cheese You're pretty much confirmed town: what do you think of my Inspection-Chain plan?

Also Wolf, the only damn thing you've done today is not read anything and violently lash out. Engage your brain and give me a good reason not to be pushing for your lynch. Can you bring anything to the table?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2014, 09:02:14 am »

Cheese You're pretty much confirmed town: what do you think of my Inspection-Chain plan?
Pretty elaborate, what happens if you're scum?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2014, 09:31:40 am »

Cheese
Pretty elaborate, what happens if you're scum?
The simple version is: I am able to confirm whether Powder is telling the truth or not and best case scenario find out who scum definitely is, by confirming Powder's night action, his role claim, and Shakerag alignment all in one go. But I can't do that if I'm dead.

My plan is agnostic as to my alignment and confirms town players regardless of whether you think I'm scum.

Here, let's say I'm scum. What happens is:

If scum-NQT doesn't kill Powder, then Powder inspects me and sees I'm scum and calls me out and everyone knows that either me or Powder is scum and the King loses this round.

If scum-NQT does kill Powder, Powder will flip town-inspector, clearing Cheese. I'd either have to claim Shakerag is town or scum, and in doing so I'd clear or accuse Sheep. If I said Shakerag is scum, he'd deny it and, since Shakerag is apparently unlynchable, I'd probably be lynched to confirm what I was saying. If I said Sheep was scum, he'd vote me and would probably have enough town-cred to push the lynch against me.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2014, 10:01:52 am »

Aside from the "what if you're scum" point, there's still another huge and gaping hole in that plan:
I don't know my role's sanity.
If I'm sane, that strategy works, but that's a large risk to take.
If I'm insane, things get confusing.
If I'm naive, we mistake scum for the town, and give them a nice shield to hide under.
If I'm paranoid, my info becomes obviously void.
If I'm random, then we're extra screwed.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38