Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!  (Read 54710 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Day 7
« Reply #405 on: April 25, 2014, 06:50:25 pm »

Hey guys.

Damn, so close...

Okay, anyway, Day start this time.

Everyone:
How will the day start change the strategy of the game?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 25, 2014, 07:02:17 pm »

Well, I'm that guy who can't make it past day 1 again. I also didn't send my PM in time to get into this round. Well, I guess I'll wait till the next one (kill the King Mafia please).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 25, 2014, 07:28:00 pm »

Everyone:
Well, now we don't have a death to debate.

Will post more later, busy.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 25, 2014, 08:26:09 pm »

Couple pre-game things I wanted to address first:

Toaster, I killed you last last night. :^
...That was mainly because of your first first post in a whole different round. No big reason. >_>

Pfffffffffffffffffbt *blows giant raspberry*

Second, if you do this:

Vote
Unvote

You're effectively saying that you have no suspects and don't want to make a stand.  This is pansy play.  Either really vote, or genuinely have no suspects (IE you are scum.)

Anyway.

4mask:
Everyone:

Hopefully it'll get people started playing in a cerebral way and some good hunting will come out.  Realistically people will probably derp around and do a silly mislynch, like the Shakerag lynch last round.

Mastahcheese:  How do you think your longevity will affect your gameplay?  What about how people will approach you?

Ottofar: How much of a factor is the play of the same person in a prior round in scumhunting this round?

NQT:  How would you treat a person that picked a scum-friendly role?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 25, 2014, 09:14:09 pm »

Couple pre-game things I wanted to address first:

Toaster, I killed you last last night. :^
...That was mainly because of your first first post in a whole different round. No big reason. >_>

Pfffffffffffffffffbt *blows giant raspberry*
Yessir! :<
Second, if you do this:

Vote
Unvote

You're effectively saying that you have no suspects and don't want to make a stand.  This is pansy play.  Either really vote, or genuinely have no suspects (IE you are scum.)
O_o?
Mmm, effective in that viewpoint, yeah I guess.
But that would also signify a mind that is focused more on what exists than what is assumed to exist--not pansy play in my eyes, but a play or take on speculative and empirical evidence.
As in, you'd know in exact when I lay down my vote (if there's no unvote in the same post) and where the level of suspicion rises in that matter.
That's how I'd work it in other games, to note. Just that there's a You must vote everyday or :I rule in.
Though it would correlate with the RVS, for good measure--the point in this case differs due to...err, many factors :/

Good point though, Toaster: How do you consider a person's vote placement as a tell?
...Why is it pre-game?

4mask
Hey guys.

Damn, so close...

Everyone:
Oh you played well :I
Though your follow-up? Not so well.
Toxic goo blehhhhEHHHHHHH! :I

Now this day start? It's like Round ONE all over again wherein OH HELLO EVERYONE.
Only that we totes know Cheese's role, because yeah. He's survived for...3 whole darn rounds, but that's only a factor in considering the lynch AND only that it differs from KM that one can easily inspect him then BOOM. Instant confirmation~
Though the former relies on discernment instead of exact values (such as inspects) and such, I guess the [this?] day start changes the strategy that, oh hey, Cheese is a wildcard!

Though 'tis all back to square one from here, wolfy.

How did you feel about last round? What about this round? Why ask a general question?

Ottofar: Oh heya! You're back!
How're you going to treat your other players here? Are you going to lie back and be passive or are you going to approach this start aggressively or assertively?

Cheese: I'm curious if you know the whole predicament you're in. How do you feel about your standing after a whole 3 rounds of logical infighting and speculation? Being forced to choose between two targets in two rounds at the clincher phase, and all other that stuff?
How do you feel about all that?

NQT: Hai! :))
What irks you more in seeing someone as scum in a game? Their meta, playstyle, vote pattern or their wording//essence of their post?

TWS: Welcome back!
Now that you've gotten your first experience of a KotM, could I get your feeling of it, or your reaction on how it goes?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 25, 2014, 09:23:14 pm »

4mask
Hey guys.

Damn, so close...

Everyone:
Oh you played well :I
Though your follow-up? Not so well.
Toxic goo blehhhhEHHHHHHH! :I

Now this day start? It's like Round ONE all over again wherein OH HELLO EVERYONE.
Only that we totes know Cheese's role, because yeah. He's survived for...3 whole darn rounds, but that's only a factor in considering the lynch AND only that it differs from KM that one can easily inspect him then BOOM. Instant confirmation~
Though the former relies on discernment instead of exact values (such as inspects) and such, I guess the [this?] day start changes the strategy that, oh hey, Cheese is a wildcard!

Though 'tis all back to square one from here, wolfy.

How did you feel about last round? What about this round? Why ask a general question?
Meh.  TDS was gonna be lynched anyway with me following as a night target, there was no way I could get Tiruin lynched at that point.  NQT was completely in the clear, or almost so, and Cheese wasn't suspected (and for good reason).  NQT was gonna die from my goo ability, so I just went for a blitz and the RNG killed me.

I asked a general question because I don't have anything to go on.  I'm not a day one person, you could say.  I come into my own on the subsequent days, particularly in role heavy games.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 25, 2014, 10:33:56 pm »

Mastahcheese:  How do you think your longevity will affect your gameplay?  What about how people will approach you?
Well, it's interesting in that I'm confirmed to not have a night power, which is pretty nice, I suppose, for when people start trying to calculate where a kill is coming from. As for my gameplay, I don't really know. I guess I'm just trying to play the way I normally do.

Cheese: I'm curious if you know the whole predicament you're in. How do you feel about your standing after a whole 3 rounds of logical infighting and speculation? Being forced to choose between two targets in two rounds at the clincher phase, and all other that stuff?
How do you feel about all that?
I'm feeling pretty confident, honestly. I really expected to get killed at some point, seeing as how my whole role is keeping people from dying, which I can't even use on myself. As for the choices I've made, so far I haven't majorly messed up, so I'm happy, and having fun!
Overall, this is one of the most fun games I've played.

TheWetSheep 2.0: So who do you plan on killing tonight?

Ottofar 2.0: You're scum, again, aren't you? What are your thoughts on the last round?

Toaster 3.0: This puts you at two votes away from a hammer. How do you feel about this?

Tiruin 3.0: Hey! So you know my ability, and I've even saved you with it. How do you feel about knowing there is a Magistrate around?

Notquitethere 3.0: So when you choose to abduct 4mask last round, were you doing so with the intent of blocking scum, or protecting him? Why?

4maskwolf 3.0: You frelling scumbucket, you. But anyway, what's your plan for this round?
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 25, 2014, 10:40:47 pm »

PFP
Tiruin 3.0: Hey! So you know my ability, and I've even saved you with it. How do you feel about knowing there is a Magistrate around?
Like I said, wildcard. You are both boon and bane. You can act at night if the KM, and save at day. If town, you are a plausible manipulate-target for a lynch save.
HOWEVER.
You are also easier to prove if inspected given what I said earlier, and just like an analogy of a real Magistrate, people look up to you...in many different ways, actually.
That's my guess on the matter, anyway. You've got a role that is not considered a threat, but also considered a string to be pulled--what matters in that case is how to pull that string that it works to your favor, or works against you.

I mean seriously, comparing the notion of possibility on choosing kills? I doubt the KM would pick the Magistrate over the plausible other peoples out there who could be dire threats, if you aren't the KM, and stuff along that tangent of non-aggressive role.

Well, it's interesting in that I'm confirmed to not have a night power, which is pretty nice, I suppose, for when people start trying to calculate where a kill is coming from. As for my gameplay, I don't really know. I guess I'm just trying to play the way I normally do.

I'm feeling pretty confident, honestly. I really expected to get killed at some point, seeing as how my whole role is keeping people from dying, which I can't even use on myself. As for the choices I've made, so far I haven't majorly messed up, so I'm happy, and having fun!
Overall, this is one of the most fun games I've played.
>_>
<_<
I'll be honest, this made me smile. Thanks.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 25, 2014, 10:45:12 pm »

I mean seriously, comparing the notion of possibility on choosing kills? I doubt the KM would pick the Magistrate over the plausible other peoples out there who could be dire threats, if you aren't the KM, and stuff along that tangent of non-aggressive role.
Yeah, I'm willing to bet that's why I haven't died, yet.
I'm such a tiny threat to anyone.

>_>
<_<
I'll be honest, this made me smile. Thanks.
:D
The Derail Thread

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 26, 2014, 06:37:18 am »

Wolf
Everyone:
This will actually make it harder to find scum today as there's more people to pick from and no night information gained.

Have you picked another pro-scum role again?

Tiruin
Hai! :))
Hallo.

What irks you more in seeing someone as scum in a game? Their meta, playstyle, vote pattern or their wording//essence of their post?
Nothing irks me, as I'm above petty annoyances. But in general voting pattern and power claims help me rule players out as scum most often. Sheep was ruled out as scum by logic and clever power role use. I abducted Wolf last round based on how he was voting (and, crucially, his stated reason for voting). But you know all this because we have this conversation in every game we play together (which is quite a lot of games by now).

I'm guess you didn't pick Stalker again?

Toaster
If there was no other information to go, they'd be a reasonable candidate for lynching. Do you disagree?

Cheese
Notquitethere 3.0: So when you choose to abduct 4mask last round, were you doing so with the intent of blocking scum, or protecting him? Why?
I abducted him because the way he unvoted Shakerag screamed potential scum to me at the time. I should have stuck to that instinct.

Why haven't you pardoned anyone since the first round? (or did I miss something?)

Ottofar
You got a killer strategy for winning this time?

Sheep
Do you think we should lynch everyday?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 26, 2014, 11:28:52 am »

Everyone: Please target me with actions tonight.

Tiruin:
TWS: Welcome back!
Now that you've gotten your first experience of a KotM, could I get your feeling of it, or your reaction on how it goes?
Thanks!

I think I did fairly well - if Shakerag hadn't rolled cop I had a good shot at winning. Not much I could do about three inspect results among five players, one of whom was confirmed. It was fun, though. I think the optimal strategy is to always pick cop, since if everyone does it the game will be impossible to lose - but the game will be a stalemate and not fun at all.

Also, I didn't choose Stalker. I was a Super Backup.

NQT:
Have you picked another pro-scum role again?

-snip-

I'm guess you didn't pick Stalker again?
Haven't you learned your lesson about rolefishing?  :P

Do you think we should lynch everyday?
I'd say lynching strategy is pretty much the same as any other game - do it unless certain circumstances come up: Mylo, role shenanigans, game-breaking strategies, etc.

Mastahcheese:
Nobody, since I can't kill. What kind of question is this?

You seem pretty invested in this game - invested enough to bother to write out everybody's full title and version. Why?

4mask:
Everyone:
Massclaim D1 is a worse idea, since we don't have any information yet. Also, assuming normal 1 kill per night, it means we won't be put into Mylo, which is nice.

Do you think that "not being a day 1 person" gives you an excuse to play badly on day 1?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 26, 2014, 11:31:15 am »

Tiruin:
Second, if you do this:

Vote
Unvote

O_o?
Mmm, effective in that viewpoint, yeah I guess.
But that would also signify a mind that is focused more on what exists than what is assumed to exist--not pansy play in my eyes, but a play or take on speculative and empirical evidence.
As in, you'd know in exact when I lay down my vote (if there's no unvote in the same post) and where the level of suspicion rises in that matter.
That's how I'd work it in other games, to note. Just that there's a You must vote everyday or :I rule in.
Though it would correlate with the RVS, for good measure--the point in this case differs due to...err, many factors :/

Good point though, Toaster: How do you consider a person's vote placement as a tell?
...Why is it pre-game?

Pre-game as in things I thought of and almost said before the game started, but opted to wait instead.

I realize that some people (you, especially) are more keen to wait on using their vote, but that is a playstyle I do not agree with.  The vote is the primary weapon a townie has, both to lynch scum and to get their viewpoints open and visible to everyone.  If you hide behind fake votes, you're clouding your intent.  This is something scum can use to hide.

Vote placement is a critical factor in scumhunting.  It's the action to go with a discussion's words.  If someone attacks one player and votes another, what does that tell you?

4mask:
I asked a general question because I don't have anything to go on.  I'm not a day one person, you could say.  I come into my own on the subsequent days, particularly in role heavy games.

How does this affect your play in a game that is unlikely to go beyond three days?  (In a round, at least)

Mastahcheese:
Toaster 3.0: This puts you at two votes away from a hammer. How do you feel about this?

Unconcerned.

NQT:
Toaster
If there was no other information to go, they'd be a reasonable candidate for lynching. Do you disagree?

I do disagree!  Why is a choice a player made before the game started in any way reasonable grounds for lynching?

Sheep:

PGO?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 26, 2014, 12:32:17 pm »

Pfp

Sheep: my 'role fishing' won the game for town the round before last; your vote on me makes no sense.

Toaster- You didn't really get what I was trying toconvey. In the absense of any other reason, getting rid of the most pro-scum player is sensible. Do you think this belief makes me more likely to be the King?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 26, 2014, 01:48:08 pm »

TheOneWhoIsNotEntirelyHereOrSoItIsSaid
Cheese
I abducted him because the way he unvoted Shakerag screamed potential scum to me at the time. I should have stuck to that instinct.

Why haven't you pardoned anyone since the first round? (or did I miss something?)
Because I've been ok with the lynch choices that have gone on since then.
I don't just pardon for the hell of it.

TheDampSheep
NO YOU
What kind of scum role do you have, biscuit?

Mastahcheese:
Nobody, since I can't kill. What kind of question is this?
A question to be answered, obviously.
So you don't plan on lynching, either?

You seem pretty invested in this game - invested enough to bother to write out everybody's full title and version. Why?
No, I copy-and-pasted from the list of people who rejoined the game.
If anything, it was lazy.
Why are you looking into this so hard? Trying to find something to incriminate me with?

Toasty
Mastahcheese:

Unconcerned.
SOUNDS LIKE A SCUM THING TO SAY
WHY AREN'T YOU BOTHERING TO ASK ME ANYTHING BACK?
DO YOU EVEN HUNT, BRO?
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 26, 2014, 02:33:27 pm »

Posting later, but cheese for now
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38