Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Arrowflight: Island Nations - OOC Thread  (Read 21557 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Arrowflight: Island Nations - OOC Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2014, 02:56:41 pm »

Actually you can aim at any part at any time. You just get a -1 or -2 penalty.

Which means that you do less damage due to how the system works. It's rather silly, whatever.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 04, 2014, 02:58:13 pm »

I just remembered a question I was going to ask but then forgot to: what is the penalty for using your off hand to attack or parry?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2014, 02:59:28 pm »

Actually you can aim at any part at any time. You just get a -1 or -2 penalty.

Which means that you do less damage due to how the system works. It's rather silly, whatever.

Page 46, Death and Dismemberment. Head = instadeath, appendages can be cut off, etc.

Gees, guys, actually READ book, not list it through.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:14:35 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 04, 2014, 03:03:00 pm »

It does make a lot of sense. It's easier to hit someone's chest than their arms or legs. And ranged characters take more overall time to fight making melee characters much more viable.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 04, 2014, 03:06:24 pm »

I just remembered a question I was going to ask but then forgot to: what is the penalty for using your off hand to attack or parry?

I searched through all book. Nothing  :-\
It's mysterious...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2014, 03:11:15 pm »

Blah. I'm going to drop this. It's not as bad as I thought, but still rather silly.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 04, 2014, 04:36:49 pm »

A couple more questions:
First, do I get any powder and shot included with my pistols, and if so how much?
Second, I took Craft (Engraving) for one of my skills. The idea is that she engraves her pistols and (because of her superstition) her shot as well. Is it reasonable to assume that whatever she starts the game with is already engraved?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2014, 06:26:39 pm »

First, do I get any powder and shot included with my pistols, and if so how much?
I'm going to say that any pistol you buy is going to come with enough to fire it three times. If you want more, it'll be extra. Same goes for the free ones at chargen.
Second, I took Craft (Engraving) for one of my skills. The idea is that she engraves her pistols and (because of her superstition) her shot as well. Is it reasonable to assume that whatever she starts the game with is already engraved?
Yes.
I searched through all book. Nothing  :-\
It's mysterious...
This is another odd one. It's mentioned that there are off-hand penalties (Asset: Ambidexterous), but nowhere does it say what the penalties are. I'm just going to say it's -2 to any roll involving an off hand weapon until I can clarify it.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2014, 06:35:58 pm »

Sarrak, I just looked over your sheet again. You shouldn't have Draconic as a skill language. It should be your native language.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 04, 2014, 06:41:46 pm »

Sarrak, I just looked over your sheet again. You shouldn't have Draconic as a skill language. It should be your native language.
Oh. I initially thought so, but considered that I grew not in Niarite priests community. So, my native would be Kilmoorian, and Draconian - studied later in life. Especially considering that I was slave in youth and then grew up assisting tribal shaman.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 04, 2014, 06:48:36 pm »

3 shots each, huh? Guess I know what I'll be spending some of my starting geld on :P
How long would you say it takes to engrave something simple on a bullet; say, the character's initials (two letters)? If it will take a few hours each time then I will have to choose a different superstition. Currently she believes that personalized bullets are lucky while unaltered bullets are unlucky, but this is just a concept I have in my head.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 04, 2014, 06:53:27 pm »

Oh. I initially thought so, but considered that I grew not in Niarite priests community. So, my native would be Kilmoorian, and Draconian - studied later in life. Especially considering that I was slave in youth and then grew up assisting tribal shaman.
Yeah, that would make sense.
Also, go ahead and PM me your specializations. I made the .pdf sheet, and I only just realized there need to be boxes for each skill, for specializations and such.

How long would you say it takes to engrave something simple on a bullet; say, the character's initials (two letters)?
As long as it's nothing fancy, I'd say it'd take about 15 minutes per bullet. If you want the lettering to be all fancy and whatnot, it might take up to an hour.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 04, 2014, 06:59:48 pm »

I think I included all specializations in the same box as numbers. It goes like:
3 * (astronomy) with the specialization being off-screen. But whatever, I'll PM now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 04, 2014, 07:05:17 pm »

Nah, the fancy stuff will be saved for new pistols as she gets them, as well as any other requests she gets. Since bullets tend to be one-use-only, they just get two simple letters or something equally quick-and-dirty.

Now languages. Do humans have a native language, or is it based on where they grew up? My character has been on islands all her life, so she has Islander and Handspeak so far.

I think I included all specializations in the same box as numbers. It goes like:
3 * (astronomy) with the specialization being off-screen. But whatever, I'll PM now.
Oh hey, another astronomy buff. Neat.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 04, 2014, 07:19:14 pm »

Do humans have a native language, or is it based on where they grew up?
The latter. A human growing up in Corvel would have Western as a native language, as would an elf or an orc.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24