Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Arrowflight: Island Nations - OOC Thread  (Read 21558 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Arrowflight: High Fantasy P&P RPG
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2014, 08:13:43 am »

As well as quite a lot of undead creatures (ghosts, spectres, etc.), demons (incubus/succubus drain them temporaly, but if you have just 1...), troll runic soul-stealing weapons... All in all, if you have very low stat (ANY stat) - you're risking. A lot. It's advisable to spend some early points on getting that stat up. Twenty points will save your life later and, well, it's not so much - if you can earn them then you're probably quite adjusted to life after all.

Question for GM - how do you perceive level of lethality in your game? I'm asking not about number of enemies or traps, but about "cost of mistake". Will you happily reap our souls first chance given, let us make some mistakes before finally dying, or something entirely else?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2014, 08:42:46 am »

I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling rather ambivalent about my character and playing in general right now. I dunno. I think that I'm going to go over the rules again, make a few more character sheets, and then see what inspires me.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2014, 08:57:26 am »

Question for GM - how do you perceive level of lethality in your game? I'm asking not about number of enemies or traps, but about "cost of mistake". Will you happily reap our souls first chance given, let us make some mistakes before finally dying, or something entirely else?
Depending on the situation, you could stumble through a scenario and emerge only slightly scathed, or one slip-up could lead you to an untimely death. The gravity of each situation will definitely be apparent at the time. I will let you know that I will mostly be sticking to the mechanics, with a few exceptions. That means that most of the time, the only way you'll die is by taking 7 wounds or having a stat at 0. Even in the latter case, you may not be permanently dead.

I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling rather ambivalent about my character and playing in general right now. I dunno. I think that I'm going to go over the rules again, make a few more character sheets, and then see what inspires me.
Then I may just end up starting without you and letting your character join later on. I'm starting to get a little antsy to start this campaign.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2014, 09:01:19 am »

Then I may just end up starting without you and letting your character join later on. I'm starting to get a little antsy to start this campaign.

Go ahead. I'm not going to come to a decision anytime soon.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arrowflight: Island Nations - OOC Thread
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2014, 10:01:04 am »

IC Thread is up. Sirus and USEC_OFFICER: I will introduce your characters after you post them and as soon as there's a good point to do so. Anyone else will have to go in a waiting list.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2014, 10:02:56 am »

Sounds good. I really am working on it as quickly as I can in my spare time :p

You might have covered this earlier, but will you be rolling for certain parts of the Life Line or do I pick from them?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2014, 10:06:56 am »

You can either pick or roll, it doesn't matter. However, you will have to run any inheritance that isn't gold through me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2014, 10:10:25 am »

Fair enough.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2014, 10:13:48 am »

Oh, drat.  I still need to finish the character sheet and put my backstory and other stuff together in a manner that isn't completely terrible.  Does that mean I'll be in the waiting list?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2014, 10:18:47 am »

You need only stable sharacter sheet (i.e. No changing attributes/skills on a whim anymore). Backstory could be sent/described a bit later.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2014, 10:27:14 am »

Huh. My swashbuckler only has 3 SHRUG. That doesn't sound so good :/
Or is that pretty average? Never used this system before so all the numbers seem a little low to me.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2014, 10:29:19 am »

Or is that pretty average? Never used this system before so all the numbers seem a little low to me.

I dunno. Might want to get Large as an Asset? A higher shrug means that you'll take less damage after all, and that's always a good thing.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2014, 10:38:20 am »

I'd say humans usually have around 4~5. 3 is a bit... Worrying. Because you have low will/str. As a warrior (half-warrior?). If you don't really want melee action - Shrug 3 is fine. But otherwise, go for a bigger value.

Large... Is not really needed if you arrange your attributes well. Shrug 4 (ideally 5) is everything normal human will ever really need.

Edit: Might not be correct, but from examples in the book I figured that SHRUG = ROUNDUP((STR+WILL)/2). So, STR 3 & WILL 4 would give you 4. Which is great.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:52:28 am by Sarrak »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2014, 10:46:28 am »

Well, I'll be focusing on pistols, so I put a lot of points into DEX and AGI (5 each). STR and WIL are 3 each.
And yeah, human. Like I said, still very new to this system.

Oh right, question: what are the effects of a fine or heirloom weapon in-game? Thinking of taking a cutlass as inheritance in addition to the two pistols I'll start with.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2014, 10:50:41 am »

You can either pick or roll, it doesn't matter. However, you will have to run any inheritance that isn't gold through me.
It's up to your talk with GM.

Also, edited my previous post with formulae to help.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24