Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Arrowflight: Island Nations - OOC Thread  (Read 21565 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Arrowflight: High Fantasy P&P RPG
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2014, 04:19:14 pm »

I just want to remind everyone that if you don't send me your sheet in an easily editable format, I can't accept it. That means it must be a .pdf, text document, or spreadsheet. (Yes, I've done character sheets in spreadsheet format.) Images do not count. I need something that I don't have to open up Photoshop to edit. If Adobe Reader/Acrobat won't let you save the .pdf, download Foxit Reader. It's free and will allow you to save the file, and on top of that, it's generally more stable in my experience.
Downloaded mine sheet as another file from my earlier link and it worked fine. Does it work on your end?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2014, 04:20:17 pm »

From how far north is Northern fire power? Because if it's from really far north it must be horrendous or excellent.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2014, 04:31:53 pm »

I just want to remind everyone that if you don't send me your sheet in an easily editable format, I can't accept it. That means it must be a .pdf, text document, or spreadsheet. (Yes, I've done character sheets in spreadsheet format.) Images do not count. I need something that I don't have to open up Photoshop to edit. If Adobe Reader/Acrobat won't let you save the .pdf, download Foxit Reader. It's free and will allow you to save the file, and on top of that, it's generally more stable in my experience.
Downloaded mine sheet as another file from my earlier link and it worked fine. Does it work on your end?
I got it. It's all good.

From how far north is Northern fire power? Because if it's from really far north it must be horrendous or excellent.
A Corvellian gunsmith owns the place along with his younger brother. They claim to have made weapons for House Green's entire army. Before they were excommunicated of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2014, 05:38:25 pm »

New and Improved Character sheet.

https://www.mediafire.com/?cda0uwhncra5081

Point out any wrongdoing, please :P Or just general character screwups I wouldnt catch because I've never used this system before...

Edit: And my shrug and save are being modified by race and liability, respectively, so at leasts that not wrong. No need to point that out.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2014, 06:31:16 pm »

Well, three mages is officially too many. Time to come up with a new idea.

Any gunpowder-using characters yet? Being a pistolier with a brace of guns sounds appealing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2014, 11:39:23 pm »

So, something we need to work on right away.

The TvTropes page is existant but... not technically.someone should fix that.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2014, 01:03:59 am »

Well, three mages is officially too many. Time to come up with a new idea.

Any gunpowder-using characters yet? Being a pistolier with a brace of guns sounds appealing.
You'd need a whole lotta pistols in extended combat, since it takes 4 rounds to reload a black powder weapon. A swashbuckler would be cool, though. They get quick draw, so they can draw and use a weapon in the same action, and they don't get the usual penalty for fighting from a moving platform.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2014, 01:07:53 am »

That's kinda what I'm thinking. Several pistols, the ability to shoot them while moving (on a mount, preferably), probably with some melee weapon training for when the pistols run dry.

I was wondering, which school of magic is best suited for teleporting objects? And can objects switch places with each other?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2014, 01:13:49 am »

I don't think that's a thing you can do. Necromancy will let you give life to inanimate objects, but I can't find any teleporting spells.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2014, 01:25:38 am »

Well, that's a shame. Looks like quick draw would give much the same effect as what I was hoping to do anyway.

Basically, I had a thought in my head while driving: a character fires a pistol, and then using some sort of teleportation spell swaps it with a loaded one. Then he/she would fire the second pistol before using the same spell to swap it with a third, and so forth. I pictured a pirate loaded with nearly a dozen pistols firing them all in succession without pausing.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2014, 01:49:06 am »

Heh, that's exactly what quick draw is for. Plus, spells take up an action regardless of requirements, so you would fire in one action, swap with another action, and then fire with a third action. It would be the same as drawing and firing without quickdraw.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2014, 01:53:11 am »

Yeah, I can see that. Taking a mix of Swashbuckling and Sharpshooting seems like the way to go, especially since Sharpshooting reduces the number of rounds it takes to reload (still gonna bring plenty of guns).
Now if I could just figure out which race to play as....

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2014, 02:42:50 am »

Orcs have a high AGL cap, which would help with Swashbuckler, but a low DEX cap, which would hinder Sharpshooter. Elves are pretty balanced, lacking a little STR, which they make up for in MANA. Humans have straight 6s for all caps, which makes them versatile, but hard to minmax.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2014, 03:29:07 am »

I don't think that minmaxing is a good option here. One must be quite versale to survive. I was thinking about minmaxing myself, but eventually found that I can't go for 6/7 (huge STR was bio-inspired choice) in any attribute without severly damaging my perspectives for a long life...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2014, 06:55:55 am »

Also remember, if you hit 0 in MANA, you become a ghost, no longer tethered to the Web of Life. If you hit 0 SPIRIT, you become a zombie, mindlessly wandering without a soul, cut off from the gods. Of course, the only things that can lower those stats are the gods themselves, or dying in a specific way.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24