Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Arrowflight: Island Nations - OOC Thread  (Read 21513 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Arrowflight: High Fantasy P&P RPG
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2014, 02:28:26 pm »

I have a question about combat skills:

Under agility, there are three "combat skill" skill sections, as well as a "missile weapon" skill section. If I want to be good at shooting stuff with, for example, a shortbow, do I put "shortbow" as one of my combat skills, and then put points into that combat skill? Or do I just put points in missile weapon skill? Or both?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2014, 02:30:13 pm »

https://www.mediafire.com/?cda0uwhncra5081
I'll polish it up and repost once someone has assured me it's mostly legitimate.
You can't be a very good dragon hunter without dragon bone or runic weapons, since those are the only things that can harm greater dragons.
Dragons in Arrowflight are not as common as they are in, say, D&D. They mate once every 10 years, and only produce about three or four offspring on average, and when they aren't mating, they're killing each other over territory.

Well she's a junior 'dragon' hunter now :P So she would mostly be hunting things she could handle, or collecting information for her families 'business'. Or bragging alot and traveling the world. Dwarves do alot of bragging.

If it doesn't work I could change it around.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2014, 02:31:15 pm »

So... What guys could the party use? I was thinking of going with big guy with bigger sword, but I get the feeling that we have a lot of fighters so... any ideas?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2014, 02:33:56 pm »

My char is a pure sniper with some lore and charisma abilities.

The other sheets posted seem to me like a sword wielding pirate warrior and a battle priest.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2014, 02:40:53 pm »

I have a question about combat skills:

Under agility, there are three "combat skill" skill sections, as well as a "missile weapon" skill section. If I want to be good at shooting stuff with, for example, a shortbow, do I put "shortbow" as one of my combat skills, and then put points into that combat skill? Or do I just put points in missile weapon skill? Or both?
Read the "Missile weapon" skill once again. It's what you need. With specialization in shortbow, perhaps.

So... What guys could the party use? I was thinking of going with big guy with bigger sword, but I get the feeling that we have a lot of fighters so... any ideas?
For now I think nearly anyone will be nice addition. We don't have pure fighters, thiefs, mages, etc.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2014, 02:43:42 pm »

Hmmm..... I'm going almost pure fighter/tank.
Sheet nearly finished now.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2014, 02:44:52 pm »

My current sheet works right?
I don't understand... Are you going to be bashing people with your lute? I'm not sure I understand the purpose behind a bard with no magic and no Stealth or Thievery, either.
The only thing you really need to change is one of your combat skills. Melee: Stringed is not a valid combat skill. The Melee Weapons skill covers all melee weapons and includes improvised weapons as well, the downside being that there are no style bonuses (special abilities) that come with it.
If I were you, I'd put a few points into Thievery and change the Melee: Stringed to Rogue and carry a dagger or short sword, but that's just me.
The Missile Weapons skill is for using bows and crossbows without a combat skill, however, there are also two ranged combat skills; Bharata and Sharpshooter. Bharata usually favors traditional bows, whereas Sharpshooter focuses more on crossbows and black powder rifles.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2014, 02:47:27 pm »

For now I think nearly anyone will be nice addition. We don't have pure fighters, thiefs, mages, etc.
So far, we don't have any mages. Nobody has taken any magic skills as far as I'm aware, and the big meaty magic system allows for a lot of customization in that regard.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2014, 02:52:39 pm »

Sheet up.
All good?

Backstory to come...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:16:51 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2014, 02:55:09 pm »

I'm thinking of making a gorilla mage when I get home. Why? Because it sounds fun.

That won't be for several hours, mind.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2014, 02:58:15 pm »

Rogues can specialize in whips and such acording to the book. You do propose fair points though. I was mostly avoiding the more steally skills as I think I would need to explain them some.

And I think I changed the things around to be satisfactory.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2014, 03:07:08 pm »

Sheet up.
All good?

1) Not big enough. Normal Shal'taka are 7 feet at most. You're with Large(3) an enormous brute... With 7'2" and weighting around 120 kg? Heh.
2) Barbarian skill. 6? Sadly, impossible. 5 point at skill at generation. So, (3) 2 is max, if GM won't say otherwise.
3) Your char resembles my own  :P
It might be good and might be be not. It adds that I said several pages back "we'll end with very different chars". Yeah. Silly me.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2014, 03:17:26 pm »

Sheet up.
All good?

1) Not big enough. Normal Shal'taka are 7 feet at most. You're with Large(3) an enormous brute... With 7'2" and weighting around 120 kg? Heh.
2) Barbarian skill. 6? Sadly, impossible. 5 point at skill at generation. So, (3) 2 is max, if GM won't say otherwise.
Both of these are valid. Large 3 would be at least 8 foot. You can only go up to 5 in a given skill in chargen. If you want to go higher, you'll have to improve it with character points later.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2014, 03:30:41 pm »

K. Editing....ed
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:35:08 pm by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2014, 03:49:26 pm »

Also do you need equipment yet or just the sheets? If you want it now do we just roll for our wealth or is there a specific amount we each have?
You can have a set of armor, up to two weapons, and basic adventuring gear (rope, bags, bedrolls, tinderkits, etc.) for free, as long as it's character appropriate. So, no mages with broadswords, for example.
Up to two weapons: does this mean I get two free weapons and then have to pay if I want more? Or does it mean I am not allowed more than 2?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24