Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Arrowflight: Island Nations - OOC Thread  (Read 21466 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Arrowflight: Island Nations - OOC Thread
« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2014, 11:55:02 am »

yes, but it's also 1/7 of the way to being dead, and 1/2 way to getting a -1 penalty (which on 2d6 is actually pretty major).

And as the tank/nutjob, I have a feeling I'll need all the health I can get.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 23, 2014, 12:41:04 pm »

No problem, I'll cast Bhara sleep on you when we board the ship. One hour of unconsciousness - and you're as fine as ever.

Also, can I spend my points on prayers any time (obviously not in combat/urgent situation), or I must do so in some specific fashion?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 23, 2014, 05:42:35 pm »

Any point where you have significant downtime, say, 2+ hours.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 28, 2014, 05:19:35 am »

Unfortunately, tomorrow marks the last time in a while that I'm going to have a stable internet connection. Updates will be sporadic, and I will do my best to keep the game running, but I can't promise anything. I may not have access to everyone's character sheets for a while, either, but we can figure that out later. I need to get to bed soon, but I'll try to post something of substance when I'm awake if I have time.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 28, 2014, 06:31:11 am »

Thanks for letting us know. You can download our sheets, they won't be changed much after purchases made in the town now.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 28, 2014, 08:40:25 am »

The problem will not be internet access. The problem will be having a machine that can access the files.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 28, 2014, 12:21:40 pm »

As a free hint to the other PCs, T'skrat didn't come from the most technologically advanced background.
He is also rather excited at the prospect of 'metal clothes' :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2014, 12:08:24 pm »

So it looks like that wasn't a good idea...
Maybe it just works better in live games. Should I just let everyone do it at once, or scrap the idea completely?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 03, 2014, 12:09:59 pm »

All at once is probably a better idea all things considered.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2014, 12:16:19 pm »

What I'm worried about there is that we might get a lot of people trying to talk over each other and/or one person doing most of the description.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 03, 2014, 12:31:27 pm »

Eh, it's better than this never moving on and no one getting a turn.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 03, 2014, 02:10:06 pm »

If chaos is the main concern and they're only going to be 1-1s, then it could be possible to use PMs and consolidate it later. Not ideal, but doable.

Sigtext

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 03, 2014, 02:42:54 pm »

Well, I think we would find a way of conversation suitable for everyone after some mistakes. About giving descriptions, perhaps GM should draw a whole raw picture, while we explore various bits of it.

As things play now, one of us may stumble upon a man grieving the loss his only child/spouse/lover. It can become both important charecterisation moment (how character sees the situation) as well as great addition to the story atmosphere.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 03, 2014, 02:45:09 pm »

Also, there's a good amount of sentient that aren't player characters in the book that I believe are mentioned to live on the islands so that adds some more interesting people due to them being rare in other places.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 04, 2014, 11:13:44 am »

Well I set up the troll blacksmith in the Sailor's Arms, and there are also Mer (Aquatic elves) and Marr'ish (Small frog people) who usually stick to fishing, since they dry out rather quickly on land.

As for how we can do this, I was originally going to do the whole trip to your next destination like this, where some people might meet in town, or on the ship, or in the next town over. How it would normally work in a live game would be that one person would give the NPC a name, and the next person would say a bit about what that person was like or what they did, and then give another NPC a name, and then the next person would describe them, lather rinse repeat until it got back around to the first person.
As it stands, I think I may just keep it open, and if things get chaotic, I'll close it to PMs only.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24