Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: ER Talk Number 78  (Read 42153 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: ER Talk Number whatever: it's too early
« Reply #405 on: February 05, 2016, 12:26:56 am »

On the mission Samsonite Abyss, is the Samsonite brothers name, Conrad, a reference to the book Heart Of Darkness?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Nunzillor

« Reply #406 on: February 05, 2016, 12:40:13 am »

((Interesting.  I bet you're right...))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 09, 2016, 11:57:54 am »

I remember you said that gauss and laser rifles are cheap because they're leftovers from the Altered wars. Were gauss and laser rifles really used to fight "physics-defying flying semi-truck-sized masses of flesh" Altered? Why did the UWM produce such a massive overstock of weapons seemingly underpowered for the conflict?

Exactly how bad of an idea would it be to visit an anomalous planetoid about now? is that the next mission?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:41:57 pm by Egan_BW »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #408 on: February 09, 2016, 12:12:16 pm »

I remember you said that gauss and laser rifles are cheap because they're leftovers from the Altered wars. Were gauss and laser rifles really used to fight "physics-defying flying semi-truck-sized masses of flesh" Altered? Why did the UWM produce such a massive overstock of weapons seemingly underpowered for the conflict?
Reminds me of the Soviets in WW2. "Send people in the fight without a weapon in the hopes that they might either scavenge a weapon and prove themselves in combat or at least slow down the enemy a bit." Only it makes less sense to do that with the altered, since they will probably enjoy the snacks you throw at them. Unless the little damage they do buys them enough time to justify the losses.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 10, 2016, 02:06:19 am »

Does the Pantheon currently have anything resembling the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? If not, could they be Incompetence, Chance, Eldritch Fuckery, and Collateral Damage? Because those seem to be the four main features of our mishaps, including the Lurker's summoning.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 10, 2016, 06:00:58 am »

Does the Pantheon currently have anything resembling the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? If not, could they be Incompetence, Chance, Eldritch Fuckery, and Collateral Damage? Because those seem to be the four main features of our mishaps, including the Lurker's summoning.
Someone make that image.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 10, 2016, 09:45:40 am »

Isn't there one that's normally forgotten or was changed or something?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 10, 2016, 09:48:19 am »

Isn't there one that's normally forgotten or was changed or something?

The next page is...odd to say the least. It's almost entirely scratched out or blacked over with a thick marker, both the pictures and the written page. In some of the scratching you can make out where someone has written on the page as well as scribbling out the printed words. You squint to read the writing. "Do not speak his name." "The walls are crumbling."

The only thing you can make out from the original text is part of the top heading. "En" with the rest of the name blacked out.

Lars was going to ask the AM about this at some point, but never got the chance.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #413 on: February 10, 2016, 11:28:58 am »

You could ask Steve. Maybe it's one of the secrets that can now be revealed.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 10, 2016, 11:46:07 am »

Hmm. I think I saw the name En somewhere else.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 10, 2016, 02:36:28 pm »

En is the lurker. Calling it now. Gods are real.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 10, 2016, 03:31:07 pm »

Given that we visited Lurker controlled space and still exist, I don't think it's En.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:40:45 pm by Egan_BW »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 10, 2016, 08:22:13 pm »

Call En in to fight the Lurker in that case. Godzilla threshold, y'all.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 10, 2016, 08:38:41 pm »

It's more a place than a person or creature. And there's nothing really in that place, because things in that place stop existing, potentially retroactively. It's not really a thing you can make fight the lurker, so much as a thing you summon on top of the lurker and promptly forget what the whole problem was. Which was probably what I was going to do, if PW hadn't decided he didn't want me to break him game.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 10, 2016, 10:49:27 pm »

...Was that what your last spell was?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31