Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: ER Talk Number 78  (Read 42183 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: ER Talk Number whatever: it's too early
« Reply #330 on: October 09, 2015, 01:28:32 pm »

Telepathically aiming and shooting guns with a mass amp. Can it be done and what skill(s) would it use?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 02, 2015, 03:08:55 pm »

What was release condition for Lurker in the Angles and how long you have been rolling to release it?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nunzillor

« Reply #332 on: November 08, 2015, 04:57:46 pm »

Were the sods inspired by A Brave New World?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 12:16:07 am by Nunzillor »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 08, 2015, 04:59:32 pm »

If they were, I wouldn't like to see an alpha.
One wheel short of a wagon

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 08, 2015, 05:24:29 pm »

If they were, I wouldn't like to see an alpha.

Your average HMRC convict Joe is most likely a beta, a sod is an omega, Paracelsus' Sword crew member is a gamma, and an individual with almost complete freedom of action, like our vets, can be deemed alpha.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #336 on: November 08, 2015, 07:01:51 pm »

If we 3d printed Milno's brain, much the same way as we3d print sod brains, how exactly would copy!Milno be different from old!Milno, personality-wise?
Same for the deathcube copy function.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 08, 2015, 08:36:19 pm »

if we tricked the lurker in the angles into entering a pocket dimension and then immediately collapse it would that "fix" our origin tech?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:42:39 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 09, 2015, 04:30:10 pm »

Is the "arranger" inspired by caster guns from Outlaw Star? They have almost the exact same appearance and function. Or is it just a neat coincidence?

What's your personal favourite of the new weapons?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 09, 2015, 04:52:35 pm »

Look at all these questions! Now might be a good time for an ER talk hint hint nudge nudge wink wink

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 09, 2015, 11:56:32 pm »

What was supposed to be done on M21?  The team couldn't leave the sphere before the Lurker opened a hole, and they woke it up seemingly arbitrarily.  Were they supposed to wake it, or was that mission supposed to go much different?

Will Hephaestus be updated ever again?  Will it ever be updated frequently again?  I understand if you hate us and want us all to die terrible deaths, but could we at least die quick violent deaths, rather than a slow death by boredom? : (
Oh god I know this is gonna get Saint killed, but I really want something to change. ;-;
There is a Spoiler below, with questions.  Please don't skip it.
Spoiler: More questions inside (click to show/hide)
@Egan
We probably won't get one until PW finishes with the new exo/unc stuff, because apparently that's eating time right now.  Also, you might want to post that somewhere PW would see--I don't believe he reads this thread before he does a talk.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2015, 06:59:04 am »

But when he will end up reading that post due to its baldness, it WILL actually be a good time for an ER talk since he'd be in the middle of one. It would be so meta.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2015, 11:35:25 am »

How many people died as a result of the lurker coming into existence/into our dimension?

Alternative phrasing: just how much blood is on Maurice's team 21's hands?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #343 on: November 10, 2015, 11:59:48 am »

How many people died as a result of the lurker coming into existence/into our dimension?

Alternative phrasing: just how much blood is on Maurice's team 21's hands?

The alternative phrasing might not be so correct. After all, if the Lurker was going to reach our world one way or the other and he just sped the process up, then all the deaths he is really responsible for are those resulting from the Lurker choosing that solar system as his base of operations (although that is arguable, if the destruction was very likely to reach that place anyway or if the lurker spawning someone else would had made things worse),
those from him not being able to eliminate all amps on planet (although that too is arguable, since if the Lurker wasn't released by him he might have done a lot worse things to amps)
and those resulting from lack of more time to prepare (and that is also arguable since on the other hand he might have shortened the ARM/UWM war significantly, since we now have technological and tactical superiority while the UWM is probably desperately trying to catch up and reorganize its forces, with many of its rather expensive superweapons no longer usable or turned against them. Allowing the Lurker to come in more gradually might have given the UWM time to prepare for it).

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 11, 2015, 04:23:20 pm »

Or maybe they broke the quarantine that would've kept it in. Or made things worse that they would've been. Who knows! That's why pw can see both versions and maybe enlighten us just how equivalent or different they are.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31