Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: ER Talk Number 78  (Read 42149 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: ER Talk Number: Whatever I forget. (Ask questions here)
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 08:52:28 am »

What was the first forum game you played in?
What brought you to these forums?
Which was the first forum game you ran?
Who is your favorite character from any game you played in/are running?
Where did you get the inspiration for Perplexicon?

That's all the questions I want to ask off the top of my head.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 09:21:12 am »

Don't have time to listen to the podcast thing right now, but I have questions! Listened, edited.

How do automanips that protect against temperature attacks work?  Are they constant 'set temp to ##°' effects, or do they only activate upon temperature changes?  If the latter, how do they sense the temp changes?
How do automanips that protect against projectiles work?  They can protect against a variety of different situations, but are still quite small...  Again, how do they sense projectiles?

How much do tinkerers really bug you?
What is your opinion on munchkins exploiting all the loopholes in the game to get massive power cheap?  Should they not do so in an effort to keep the game fun for everyone? >.>
How much backstory do you make up on the spot, and how much do you have in the backround that you just don't tell us?
Even if I won't get a real answer... How do manips work?  Do manips have an actual reason they work aside from space magic?  An agreement with Cthulu to do his math homework maybe?

How much story is there to the Red Moon Rebellion?  Was it a coverup of something larger, or was it really just a small thing that happened to be referenced several times?

...Will you ever run the Perplexicon game that's described in my sig?  Or a game of Mainspring? *puppy dog eyes*

Edit1:
What will Steve do with us after the rebellion is done?
What is Steve's actual motivation for the rebellion?
How powerful is Steve really?
Can Steve use amps or manips?  How does he compare to a ghost ship?

Edit2:
Can Grate corpses be revived?
In your opinion, can Grate die? :P
Is there any way to actually disable Grate's quantum respawning ability?
If the answer to the first question is yes, would Steve be against using Grate as a clean, renewable infinite energy source for the entire network of human planets?
Would you?

Does the UWM already have effectively infinite mass/energy thanks to manipulators?
I remember mass mines being mentioned, due to the fact manips can convert matter into other forms of matter.  How does this all work?  Why would mining planets exist?  Why does Hephaestus mine ores in particular?  Cheaper?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 10:21:17 am »

Did you think up a detailed backstory/personality for Nyars when you created him?
What were his hobbies as a child?
Why was he brought into the HMRC?

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 02:29:44 pm »

What precisely IS STEPHEN HAWKING? Where do his abilities come from? Is it like that game concept you mentioned where it's powered by faith?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: ER Talk Number: Whatever I forget. (Continue to Ask questions here)
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 03:09:51 pm »

Is there a way for people who overuse the weirdvision goggles to regain either their memories, or use of the goggles, or both? What's the real name for those goggles, or did you leave naming up to the person who bought it? How do you come up with the Nyars boxes? Do you have a bunch of tables you roll from, or do you just think of something and say "Yeah, that sounds good."? How's Rasta O'Malley doing?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2014, 03:52:31 pm »

Just heard and, and I gotta say, that ending was hilarious. Royal Rambling.

What would you do differently if you could go back and tell past-PW about ER? What game mechanics don't work like they should, would you go for a more in-depth stat system, would you do every post in haiku form?

Is there a back-up plan for when a character would 'break' the game? Like, would you nerf a character/an item/anything because of straight game balance reasons?

Are you going to threaten violence again and record it on tape (despite the fact that said violence would only occur if the tape was deleted)?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:01:27 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 06:44:43 pm »

If my char dies, can my next char be Rasta O' Mal'ey? I liked that guy.
To expand the above question, could we make an ARM recruit character? Or are we still restricted to defrosted inmates?
Mmmm..... defrosted inmates. Sounds like something that just came out of the microwave...

EDIT: Oh, I was planning on asking this IC if the opportunity ever presented itself ever since you mentioned their ruminant-like eyes, but since you're available... Have there ever been cases where people got stranded or otherwise cut-off from food and resorted to cooking and eating sods? How do sods taste like?
I'll try to get Flint to try this IC if the opportunity presents itself.

EDIT2: Oh, another thing, what does Nyars look like? What color uniform does he wear? What do the colored uniforms mean anyway? I think green is weapons and that is why the AM wears green and orange is worn by workmen? And then grey for sods and blue for soldiers?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:09:19 am by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 10:12:27 pm »

ER isn't 3 years old. It's only 2 years. 1st April 2012 -1st April 2013 -1st April 2014.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 11:24:31 pm »

ER isn't 3 years old. It's only 2 years. 1st April 2012 -1st April 2013 -1st April 2014.
Damn, I could have sworn I'd done this twice before...OH WELL THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR NOT COUNTING.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2014, 11:30:46 pm »

You did make two- just the first two were pretty close together.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2014, 11:32:33 pm »

Damn, looks like ER hasn't lasted longer than the average American marriage. At least, not yet.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2014, 03:43:31 am »

Hephaestus is just layers upon layers of subterranean infrastructure
So, we're basically sitting on Phyrexia? Minus the hordes of quasimagical metallic horrorterrors, but I think the Doktor is quite well enough equipped to remedy that.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2014, 07:07:30 am »

So, we're basically sitting on Phyrexia? Minus the hordes of quasimagical metallic horrorterrors, but I think the Doktor is quite well enough equipped to remedy that.
What about the haphaestus repair bots?

They are all crablike thingies with metal shells and glowy magmalike interiors if i remember correctly, sorta quasimagical in the whole sufficiently advanced way.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2014, 08:21:48 am »

He seems more like the "quasimagical fleshy horrorterror" kind of guy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 08:37:01 am »

He seems more like the "quasimagical fleshy horrorterror" kind of guy.
Given Thrak and Lukas, not to mention Cog, as well as the whole "flesh is weak" thing, I am inclined to disagree. In that he isn't predominantly a "fleshy" horrorterror kinda guy - he's got plenty of aptitude for the mechanical side of the issue as well.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31