Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: ER Talk Number 78  (Read 42146 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: ER Talk Number whatever: it's too early
« Reply #360 on: January 10, 2016, 04:40:11 am »

What is YOUR opinion & thoughts on the Lurker in the Angles invasion game-changing event? Did you enjoy having to spin a new direction for the story to go, did you dislike having to scrap the earlier plans about endgame, etc? In short, how do you, Piecewise the Observer, feel about it?

How did you feel about the emergence of the Red Vengeance? I mean: timing the introduction of the red-headed girl, semi-confirmed to be the one kidnapped in M5, with the destruction (mental or physical) of all members of team who did that to her and her parents. She must be involved somehow.
In general, how do you feel about "emerging" stories - things that you haven't planned for, but that came together from little facts and were recognised by the community as something greater and notable? (E.g. spiderHMRC sentiments, for example.)

Now that "the times are changing", will we still meet all the main named NPCs of your story (such as the first Shadow Walker guy)?
Who was Bob Hardman and what relation did he have to the main story?

Do you plan to restart Hephaestus updates when the rubble settles down a little? What are your longterm plans for Hephaestus (as a project) - are you scrapping it and moving everything back into NPC hands when we leave this universe, or will we still be able to do Hephaestus-like things even then?

Why didn't the Armory Master use stasis in all the time on board until now? (You once said that she doesn't go to sleep for the timeskips.)
Can we bring her back from stasis and help her live again (with research, artifact requisition and whatnot)? ...We like her.

How are UWM doing? Could you give some snippets on how things go where they didn't react to space magic changing? Especially their fortress worlds.

Is the future bright, in your opinion, for the extradimensional humanity (and HMRC-descendent organizations specifically)?

Now that things are heading south at breakneck speed, do you think we could convince some of the prominent UWM Magisters (who survived and who used to be staunch supporters of UWM itself and enemies of ARM and any rebellious movements) to join us for the sake of survival of humanity?

In a fight between Lurker and Timmy (the entity behind Timmy), who would you bet on?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 10, 2016, 04:46:05 am »

Did you expect us to ever fight the UWM or did you figure we would have done something like unleash the Lurker before it got to that point?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 10, 2016, 05:16:27 am »

You once hinted to big action setpieces such as 'the UWM deathfleets rolling in to take back Hephaestus' or our own invasion of Earth-3. Is this dream still alive, now that the UWM is in shambles and we're bugging out anyway?

Who do you ship? Can be characters or players (or characters with players!)

Oh, and who or what would you most like to throw out of an airlock right now?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:16:28 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 10, 2016, 12:58:22 pm »

How is the Paracelsus' Sword jumping between systems right now, given that it can no longer use automanipulators? Extremely massive rockets?

How did the mess hall staff cook that newbie's pizza in zero-g? :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 10, 2016, 01:45:29 pm »

Microwave.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 10, 2016, 01:59:06 pm »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 10, 2016, 02:14:19 pm »

This is gonna be 3 hours long.
One wheel short of a wagon

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2016, 02:28:40 pm »

What is the question we should be asking?

what is its answer?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 10, 2016, 02:46:51 pm »

haha I reloaded the page and it was there.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 10, 2016, 02:53:00 pm »

NEXT TALK IS NUMBER 7.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 10, 2016, 04:24:52 pm »

I'm quite fond of the explanation PW gave to Infinite Heavens. I got the right idea of that game.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #372 on: January 10, 2016, 07:09:03 pm »

I admire piecewise for taking the time to seriously answer even our silliest of questions. Putting this in bold so he can see it next time. Listening to ER talk now.

Edit: The little girl and her dead parents should thank Mesk. He brought the girl to ARM. Thanks to him, their genetic lineage will probably spread to other universes and survive the Lurker. That's what children and parents care about, right?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:59:45 pm by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 10, 2016, 08:05:40 pm »

Thank you for all the answers, Piecewise! (And sorry for the accidental double-question.)

Oh, and - Did Maurice stand a chance at keeping the Lurker under control, had he been possessed instead of Morul? Or would there be no roll at all at that point?

Can Morul still be saved?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #374 on: January 10, 2016, 08:12:16 pm »

How did the serial killer cult create those burnout amps? Did he use another amp as a base and modified it or is there a way to create amps with a rally good  handiwork roll? Or another kind of roll? Ot some process unavailable to us mere mortals?

Do other ships also have the same or similar HMRC pantheon?

Could you say how one could complete the Lurker mission successfully? Not in the "Don't put your dick into it." sense, in the "Get out of there and possibly save the people." sense.

Was the giant white light behind the Lurker its home? Or something it was running away from? Or some GM great thing that exists between or beyond universes?

If humans are origin tech, does that mean they could be infected from the Lurker? Are they already infected? Frankly, if that's the case, I'm surprised Steve didn't immediately bombard the planet's surface into dust the moment he saw the Lurker.

When you say "The Doc is literally physically inside us."... How literally is literally? Is it "there are doctor cells inside me" or is it "there's a giant invisible tentacle going from the Doc to inside every human"?

If Steve's objective is to protect humanity at all costs and the Doc essentially is humanity since he is inside every human, does that mean that Steve's objective is to protect the Doc at all costs? Is it that sort of reasoning why we use a nice friendly AI like Steve instead of non-organic AIs?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:45:16 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31