Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You are the head of a Hydra III (5/8 Application Spots filled)  (Read 3872 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Another possibility: Whenever one hydra dies, everyone gets a head. Heads from the dead hydra get distributed first, then we bring in waitlisters to fill in the other slots.

No clue what happens when we have more heads than hydras. Everyone gets two heads?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile

Makes sense especially if you are trying to use different mechanics to the prequels.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Another possibility: Whenever one hydra dies, everyone gets a head. Heads from the dead hydra get distributed first, then we bring in waitlisters to fill in the other slots.

No clue what happens when we have more heads than hydras. Everyone gets two heads?

Doesn't fit with the lore I've made.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Doesn't fit with the lore I've made.
*checks lore*
*checks lore again*
I...maybe see it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

*checks lore*
*checks lore again*
I...maybe see it?

Incarnation of a head on another hydra only occurs between members of the hive mind, which is composed only of those in those that are born together as siblings.  New heads don't manifest out of thin air.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe as a hydra head dies, it's mind begins to split and the new head is the second personality?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Maybe as a hydra head dies, it's mind begins to split and the new head is the second personality?

Could work, but meh.  I've stated a limit.  I'm sticking by it.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Name: Tyaeth
Most Prevalent Aspect: Happiness! (This was one of the examples you gave)
Element: Water
Appearance: (I'm too lazy too make this fancy, soooo...) Dark blue scales, aside from some light green ones scattered around (I guess the closest thing would be like a Dalmatian. Except a hydra.), with a short (as in height), long (Length) body and a neck that is neither long nor short. Long, broad, semi-flat tail. Fin-like wings, long prehensile claws (I guess this would hold fish and food in general better), bright pink eyes, shark-like maw/teeth. ((Ahem, yes, I know essentially nothing about hydras, and have probably just made the most derpy-looking and non-lore friendly thing in existence. I also failed at making him look like a reasonable fishy hydra, but I don't feel like changing it.))
Personality: Tyaeth is incredibly friendly and helpful, refusing to eat most sentient (as in human, etc.) beings unless there is no other choice, or they are threatening him. While not gullible, he generally dislikes being a leader and will help others with their goals as long as it doesn't go against his.... Well, personality. ((Ugh. Thinking at school is hard, mostly just wanted to get this in before Turn 1.))
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:43:01 am by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((Ugh. Thinking at school is hard, mostly just wanted to get this in before Turn 1.))

You didn't need to worry.  I was going to wait until I had 8-12 to start the game.  Granted, I should have bumped the thread from time to time...

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Name: Teridax
Most Prevalent Aspect: Ambition
Element: Shadow
Appearance: Ash-black scales, interspersed with the ocasional red scale or two. His body is large, and his eyes glow a fiery red. His neck is strangely short when compared to his body.His tail is somewhat longer than his neck, but not by much, and it ends in a short, barbed spike. His wings are bat-like in appearence, and each of them is as long as his torso is wide. His body is also jagged, like that of a large rock, as are his teeth.
Personality: Ambitious, proud and narcisistic, with a hint of jealousy here and there.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Okay then, 5/8 applications filled.
Pages: 1 [2]