Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Wrecked Land [SG]  (Read 11312 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked Land [SG]
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2014, 09:16:49 am »

The soldier manages a weary grin.

-I'd like to go. It is rather unseemly of me to still draw breath when my comrades do not, besides, in my current state, I need more...maintenance than you can provide. There's a "but", however. I'm Marked.

He nods at the tattoo on his chest, then explains,

-Government project, made up in a hurry. Suppresses micropattern contamination in the vicinity, so that life seems normal-ish. If the Marked dies, however, it all comes back in force. Whether you can survive that depends on how fast you can turn a set of pedals, but I wouldn't bet my whole salary on it. All in all, I guess it's your choice. If you're gonna do it, there's this envelope in my inner pocket. There's a sheet of cardboard inside. Open it holding it away from you, then show it to me. Will save you from...unpleasantness. Just don't look at it.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2014, 09:42:12 am »

Do as he says with the envelope.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2014, 11:44:53 am »

Do as he says with the envelope.
+1
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2014, 01:49:58 am »

You nod slowly. He just looks at you, eerily calm.

-Well then. I do not regret having met you.

You pull the envelope out of his uniform's inner pocket: it's a small rectangle of crisp wrapping paper. There are no marks on the envelope. With some trepidation, you open it. The soldier remains outwardly serene, but his eyes track the movement of your fingers with unsettling attention. You reach inside, take a deep breath, and pull the cardboard out. On your side, it’s printed with “Do not turn - MP Siren” in neat little letters. What’s on his side, you hope you’ll never know.

His pupils dilate; his face is all innocent curiosity and eyes, tracing lines on the sheet faster and faster, until suddenly they stop. For a second, his expression is unchanged. Then, his head drops, his shoulders slump, and he topples forward. Dead. You are sure of it: you don’t hear that rasping breath anymore. The royalist is dead.

For a few moments, all is silent, and you feel slightly ridiculous standing there barefoot, your water canister in one hand and your bit of butchered train in the other. Then the scream comes.

It’s a shrill, ululating wail that goes on and on without stopping until you are ready to scream, too. Your hackles raise. There’s thunder, and rain beats hard on the building’s tall metal roof. The scream does not stop. The shed with the handcar is outside, you remember. The scream does not stop. You become aware of your mother: she’s watching you from the rafters, or from the sky. It is not a comforting gaze. Your head hurts. You feel the traitor-troopers outside in your bones, marching in step.

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2014, 05:40:04 am »

Hide until scream goes away.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2014, 09:44:06 am »

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2014, 04:19:43 pm »

Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2014, 11:47:57 am »

Sorry I have not been updating - you see, I have exams soon, and I should really get with studying, seeing as I graduate this year. My country has free higher education, but entry is based on a unified state exam, and if I wish to get into the college I want, I have to study pretty hard. Forum games are contributing to my procrastination levels, so all my games are on hold until summer. I really like the way this is developing, and I will eventually continue it. I hope you understand. Sorry.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2014, 03:16:57 pm »

Same sorta thing here, only no free uni.
However, if I fail then I gotta retake the year, so...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2014, 06:25:47 pm »

I wonder if anybody still wants to play this? I know it's been a while, but, well, I've settled my college stuff for now, so...
If there's at least one person who wants to participate, I can resume this game.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2014, 07:03:38 pm »

Well i'm not one of the old players but i'm interested.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2014, 11:52:50 pm »

I wonder if anybody still wants to play this? I know it's been a while, but, well, I've settled my college stuff for now, so...
If there's at least one person who wants to participate, I can resume this game.
Go on, good sir ;3

As for actions, I actually don't think hiding is going to cut it out. Even the royalist told us to leg it.

Traincar it is!
I presume it to be one of those that you push by hand, straight out of a comedy / western? Well, better than walking barefoot.

Speaking of walking barefooted. Looting time~
Dead guy won't need his shoes anytime soon, but we will. Doubt he would hold it against us either. Maybe even his coat, unless it is bloodsoaked or in tatters. Eh, actually, even then. Better than freezing or just plainly getting sick.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2014, 08:58:16 pm »

The noise has knocked something loose in your head; terror overwhelms you entirely, and you scramble off to hide under the ruined train carriage, sticking your fingers in your ears to muffle the scream (it doesn't work). The scream reaches an ululating crescendo, then stops abruptly, leaving a ringing silence in its wake - even the rain seems to have stopped for a moment. You regain a measure of sanity.

Then it resumes battering the train station's metal roof. Thunder sounds at regular intervals. The dead seem to be watching you, but you feel no malevolence from them, and the royalist regards you sadly. You think he won't mind, so you crawl out from under the train and tug off his boots. He's wearing leg wraps under them, but they're just plain scary. You take his coat too: it's made of rough cream-coloured fabric, and it reaches down to the middle of your hip. There are blue collar tabs on it, and a blue shoulder patch with the bomb-saber-drumstick insignia of the royal infantry. It's several sizes too large for you, but beggars can hardly be choosers.

A sense of creeping dread remains with you: you are actually more comfortable here in the company of the watchful dead, but you are aware you can't stay here. You bid them farewell politely, then quickly walk outside.

There really is a shed near the rails. The ground near one wall of it, below the window, seems to be bulging and shifting, but the shed's wide doors remain unobstructed. You enter. It's dark inside, but you can see the railcar the soldier told you about - it's a light platform with a seat and a hand-crank. You grab one edge of it and begin tugging it toward the doors. Suddenly there's a strange rustling noise. You lift your head to see a human silhouette in front of the window - it's closer to the door than you are, but it's standing slightly to the side of your intended path. It crouches quickly and vanishes - you're not sure where it went, but judging by the rustling, pattering noise, it's here in the dark with you.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:16 pm »

Ooh, fuck...

Get petaling. Dont fecking push, jump on and petal like some horrible thing that is going to kill you in various terrifying ways is about to start its experimentation on you
Highly Opinionated Fool

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2014, 01:47:02 pm »

Ooh, fuck...

Get petaling. Dont fecking push, jump on and petal like some horrible thing that is going to kill you in various terrifying ways is about to start its experimentation on you
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11