Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Wrecked Land [SG]  (Read 11287 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked Land [SG]
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2014, 03:45:41 pm »

Yah.

If he can be moved help him up and head for a water source.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2014, 03:48:26 pm »

Search around for a cup, flask or bottle. If there really is nothing to be found, cupping our hands, or just plainly keeping it in our mouth would also work. The Sod has no time to be picky, I wager.
+1, afterwards ask what happened here, who is he, who are the dead solders, where are we etc.

If he can be moved help him up and head for a water source.
-1. He's too wounded, it could kill him.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2014, 03:49:16 pm »

Thats why I said IF.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2014, 02:00:30 pm »

There is a rectangular metal canister in one of the train's less wrecked cars. The bottom is stamped with "5 L" and it smells faintly of gasoline. After some searching around the yard, you find a pump and wash the canister out with slightly rusty water, then fill it. It isn't the cleanest you've ever seen, but it should do.

The soldier drinks for a long time as you hold the heavy canister for him. When he's done, he looks a bit better, and his voice comes back to him - it's still hoarse and strained, but it's no longer a whispery croak.

-Thanks.

You ask where you are, explaining that you are a shipwreck survivor, and don't know where you are.

-You sure picked a place to get washed ashore. This town is Meshta. Used to ship seafood inland, before all this war business started. Trawlers would stop at the pier, then the catch would be dried, smoked, or what have you at the smokehouse next to here - here is the storehouse, and also the train stop. Then the fish would be loaded onto the train and shipped off to Dorshen - big city further inland. Those fucking traitors are there now.

With less certainty, you ask what happened to him. His lips stretch in a not-smile.

-Honor. We of his Highness' 43rd Volunteer Infantry Regiment decided not to abandon our posts and stay in our city after everybody ran away like rats. We thought we could hold an army off here until the Crown Prince retook Meshta.

A manic giggle escapes his lips.

We were fools, and the Prince can't retake his own ass with a company of dragoons. Bastards had some problems with the door, and we held our own even after they blew it to bits - but then it turned out they had a drummer who could tap Hummingbird. I blacked out, and when I came to, they'd already shot all my friends - even shot Crazy Martha from the house down the street. Stupid old hag, told her to leave. But who cares, now. The bastards figured I was Marked, and if I died, not one of them would leave this place alive...So they broke my arms, my legs, half my ribs, and left me here to die.

He coughs.

- Bastards. I almost like the Divisionists now - they're not rats. The traitors are the worst. Too scared to die proper, too scared to live proper. So they killed us. For a trainload of dried fish. Didn't get that, either, made sure of that. They can all starve in Dorshen. Bastards.

He spits, hitting his boot, swears, then shakes his head.

Hey, can you do something for me? One of the indefs back there - the one with the black hair. The pretty one. It has a coin in its breast pocket. Brass, about a thumb wide. Can you bring it to me?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2014, 02:51:49 pm »

Why not. Lets do it.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2014, 04:18:15 pm »

Indef? It? Fetch the coin, but don't give it to him. Examine it carefully and ask that guy what he wants from it. Also ask if there is any vehicles left we could take, make up story about solders in north moving this way if you have to. Need to get south and fast...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2014, 04:20:21 pm »

Why not. Lets do it.
+1

"Hummingbird?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2014, 04:36:00 pm »

Indef? It? Fetch the coin, but don't give it to him. Examine it carefully and ask that guy what he wants from it. Also ask if there is any vehicles left we could take, make up story about solders in north moving this way if you have to. Need to get south and fast...

I very much doubt he has any ill intentions in store for us, but being a bit cautious is never a wrong choice. Well, mostly.

Still, from the content of his dialouge, we can deduce that he is a pattern-crafter of some sorts. We should tread carefully about him. Which also means that he could become our most valuable asset, should we gain his trust, friendship or gratitude. The more the merrier, so lets work on the later for now.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2014, 04:51:00 pm »

I very much doubt he has any ill intentions in store for us, but being a bit cautious is never a wrong choice. Well, mostly.

Still, from the content of his dialouge, we can deduce that he is a pattern-crafter of some sorts. We should tread carefully about him.
That was the impression I got from it too. Patterncrafter "gift" for cases where one is caught and about to be interrogated? That's what I would do...

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2014, 06:36:53 pm »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2014, 07:08:19 am »

Indefs are probably the most inexplicable thing to happen to humankind, and also the cause of the Great War two hundred years ago. It is hard to pinpoint when they began to appear, since infants of uncertain gender have been born in rare cases since the dawn of time, but it's commonly agreed that something must have happened circa 3500. After that date, the number of such births rose dramatically, and most of the infants were free of the hormonal and reproductive complications common to such cases. What followed was a very nasty affair that resulted in a few million dead, and on the bright side, the Declaration of Rights, which included the inalienable right to live, this granting indefs, as they came to be called (after the mark in their passports' "gender" column) full citizenship in all Declaration-compliant states, which is most of them. The pronoun "it" is used to refer to indefs. It's not considered dehumanizing because the Continental language group has grammatical genders - inanimate objects can be "he" or "she" as well as "it". Statistical research shows that birth rates are slowly skewing toward indefs, but for now, they comprise about one-fifth of the population of the world.

You nod to the soldier and approach the bodies hesitantly. You can see the one he was talking about right away - it really is beautiful, or was, before somebody shot it in the head. The smell is almost overpowering at this distance. Fighting revulsion, you fish around in its pocket and extract the coin. On one side, it's engraved with a sabre and a drumstick crossed over a stylized bomb. The other reads:

Kyre Li Brandt
43 V.Inf.
Indef.
O-.
Karein, Maple st. 12, 4.

You ask the soldier about it.

-It's an identification token, so they know what to write on your tombstone. It's said that if you take somebody else's token and put it in your pocket next to your own, they'll bury you next to each other. It's a...stupid tradition thing. Creates a lot of confusion. Some people think it's important. It did. Just put it into my pocket.

You do so, then ask if there are any vehicles you could take.

- There's a handcar in the shed outside. The rail leads to Dorshen, though, and I dunno if you wanna go there. I don't think you'll find any other vehicles anywhere here.

As an afterthought, you ask what is Hummingbird.

- Ah, yes, you're a civvie. It's an auditory pattern. Tap-ta-ta-ta-TA-ta-TAP-ta-ta-ta... Requires very careful timing, won't work otherwise. If you do it right, it makes everybody pass out, or at least have a very bad time of it. They call it Hummingbird because it makes your head buzz like crazy. Thing is, the drummer feels it too, even if he's wearing mufflers or something. In his bones. So it's very rare.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2014, 07:26:49 am »

"I'm sorry about what's happened to you... Is there anything else you may want from me...?"

leave the unasked question hanging in the air. Depending on his answer, help him to the cart (if he can be safely moved) or... Finish it...

I don't want to lose this guy, he's a bro  :'(.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2014, 02:33:25 pm »

Yah, we need to stick together with someone.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2014, 03:59:56 pm »

"I'm sorry about what's happened to you... Is there anything else you may want from me...?"

leave the unasked question hanging in the air. Depending on his answer, help him to the cart (if he can be safely moved) or... Finish it...

+1

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2014, 05:22:49 pm »

+1
+1
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11