Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Pathfinder; A feral foray.  (Read 22185 times)

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder; A feral foray.
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2014, 09:14:44 pm »

I feel like we're talking about different masterworks- I'm talking about masterpieces, and it's understandable that you'd not know about them, since they're new to pathfinder.

They're neat.

There's a parallel to that in 3.5, although it's not specifically bard and it has a different name.

Edit: Hmmm...  There's 2 different parallels actually.  One for the effects, and then one for the flavour.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:17:20 pm by TealNinja »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2014, 09:43:07 pm »

So can I use them or not?
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2014, 10:06:59 pm »

So can I use them or not?
I haven't read them all yet, but they're looking... okay.  The only issue I have right now is that they're similar to spells, but I'm tentatively going to allow them under the condition that you use a feat for each one you want.  This might change depending on if I see one that's over the top.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2014, 10:36:02 pm »

For reference, I'm only really planning on using one or two, namely "Life Budding in Salted Earth," maybe "Ancient's Flight" (If we start encountering dragons), "Lullaby of Ember the Ancient," and maybe "Vindictive Soliloquy." That last one is probably past the mark, but I like the name and Idea- maybe make up another based on the same oratory.
For other reference, I'm planning on being an oratory bard. Maybe with singing for a specific masterpiece.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2014, 10:45:04 pm »

Want to split face duties? I'll scare the literal shit out of them with my +18 to Intimidate, while you can be all un-Orcly nice to them or something.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2014, 10:51:52 pm »

Want to split face duties? I'll scare the literal shit out of them with my +18 to Intimidate, while you can be all un-Orcly nice to them or something.

I'm cool with this. Or we just intimidate everything as I provide an epic story of our own conquests with bardic performance to set the mood and help your cause. Also, taking a skill in craft (wordsmith). So I have the skill to actually write my oratories. (I do plan on writing and spoilering oratories that I use in combat/moodsetting- Not all will be my work though, I need something that is actual rousing work.)
Help us write a story!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2014, 11:33:07 pm »

I'm looking at my trait options, and I found this one, but it's sorta maybe magical. I wanted to see if it was okay:
Omen:
You are the harbinger of some future event. Whether this event bodes good or ill, you exude an ominous presence. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Intimidate checks, and Intimidate is always a class skill for you. Once per day, you may attempt to demoralize an opponent as a swift action.

If not, I'm probably going to take:
Beast Bond:
You share a close bond with animals. You gain a +1 bonus on Handle Animal checks and Ride checks. One of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.
I'm going to put my nose to the grindstone and finish my backstory tonight.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2014, 12:03:30 am »

I'm looking at my trait options, and I found this one, but it's sorta maybe magical. I wanted to see if it was okay:
Omen:
You are the harbinger of some future event. Whether this event bodes good or ill, you exude an ominous presence. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Intimidate checks, and Intimidate is always a class skill for you. Once per day, you may attempt to demoralize an opponent as a swift action.

If not, I'm probably going to take:
Beast Bond:
You share a close bond with animals. You gain a +1 bonus on Handle Animal checks and Ride checks. One of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.
I'm going to put my nose to the grindstone and finish my backstory tonight.
Omen is fine.  There is magic around, there just isn't a way for the Orcs to shape it.  That trait is actually closer to the original vision than the masterpieces.

As far as Vindictive Soliloquy is concerned, I'm going to allow it because it requires 10 class levels.  5d10 is big, but I'm expecting at that point that a two-handed power attack will clear over 50 easily by then.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2014, 12:07:19 am »

Sweet. Also, is this okay:
Battle Mask:
Made from wood, bone, or similar materials, this mask covers its wearer's actual appearance and identity by depicting a hateful, leering face instead. Because of a battle mask's excellent craftsmanship and exquisite details, the wearer gains a +1 bonus on Intimidate checks made to demoralize an opponent.

It's towards the bottom, in the New Racial Rules section.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2014, 12:19:34 am »

Sweet. Also, is this okay:
Battle Mask:
Made from wood, bone, or similar materials, this mask covers its wearer's actual appearance and identity by depicting a hateful, leering face instead. Because of a battle mask's excellent craftsmanship and exquisite details, the wearer gains a +1 bonus on Intimidate checks made to demoralize an opponent.

It's towards the bottom, in the New Racial Rules section.
The fact that its an Orc specific item got me.  It also fits the theme in general.  Fly at 'er.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2014, 12:28:20 am »

I am assuming wizards (and possibly clerics) are off limits, but what about other casters like sorcerers, druids, or witches?
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2014, 12:33:15 am »

I am assuming wizards (and possibly clerics) are off limits, but what about other casters like sorcerers, druids, or witches?

All spellcasters cannot cast spells.  I'm banning the primary casters.  The other spellcasters can choose archetypes that replace their spellcasting ability.

Still not sure what I'm doing with Bards, though.  My original vision (for 3.5) gave them improved Inspire Courage scaling.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2014, 05:13:12 am »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2014, 02:28:04 pm »

My sheet.
My mount's sheet.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2014, 12:52:31 am »

Gamerlord - Your sheet's AC is missing your Dex modifier.

Other than that, nothing major is jumping out at me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19