Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297628 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #4290 on: September 20, 2018, 08:19:20 pm »

I don't think that people would enjoy being functionally dead weight for half of a mission even if it let them be amazing killing machines for the rest. It might not be fun playing with either, since you'd end up being functionally down a man while that player is untransformed which makes things harder for everyone else.

So it sounds to me like the solution would be to have the transformations be more utility than anything else. It probably goes against their concept a lot but it lets them contribute in fights without being transformed, since they aren't completely handicapped when untransformed. Not as strong but still enough to contribute.

Alternatively just make them equally tanky untransformed. At least so that they can throw themselves against the enemy to increase the gauge and block when needed.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: September 20, 2018, 08:53:00 pm »

Giving Laguz a permanent defensive bonus above what other classes get doesn't seem very balanced. They're not any weaker than other classes while untransformed, it's just that they wouldn't have applicable skills or weapons in that time (though as I've stated I would like them to be able to counter while untransformed).

But yeah, Laguz should absolutely spend more time transformed than not, at the very least. One thing could be that in the base stat, the guage builds faster per turn than it depletes while transformed. This would reduce the need for Laguz to put themselves in danger without being transformed.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: October 11, 2018, 05:52:31 am »

It's been a long while but there's a new poll related to dances. Changing the influence of enemy RES for their LCK could have it be less biased towards physical units but since usually enemy LCK is low the dances would need less hit to not be always autohits.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: October 24, 2018, 10:53:11 am »

I made a poll in the summoner test thread about summon and because I don't want to repeat it here I'll just post the link

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=167494.msg7876316#msg7876316

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: October 25, 2018, 03:04:36 pm »

Alright so historically Assassinate has been a pretty divisive skill due to a couple of particular attributes that it has. Namely, the capacity to kill any enemy regardless of the user's capacity to cause damage, as well as the low chance to activate it. These two extreme components combine to create a skill that is arguably balanced against other skills, but has a tendency to cause friction.

There was recently some discussion about changes to the skill in terms of balance, as well as a complete overhaul. These are the broader possibilities born from the discussion.

1. unchanged or possible minor number tweaks
2. assassinate requires any or all of (crit, actually dealing damage)
3. assassinate is some sort of doublecrit chance (details pending, though the idea relies on an exploding critical mechanic)
4. assassinate now passively increases critical damage to 4x instead of 3x

Of these options I'm more in favor of the latter two, as it moves away from the instant-kill mechanic to allow for something that is useful more consistently.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: October 25, 2018, 03:19:57 pm »

The fourth option is something that v1.3 gave Warriors, iirc, so if it's been removed from them you can still say it was in-game before and was just reassigned. :P
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:25:38 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: October 25, 2018, 03:27:28 pm »

It makes more sense on Assassins anyway tbh, but I'm in favor of also giving them Single Stroke or something similar. Their deal is to be crit machines so you might as well reinforce that.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: October 25, 2018, 03:43:48 pm »

I'd say Critical Eye. Mostly because I don't think it's appropriate for Single Stroke to be a skill at all anymore but we had that vote already.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4299 on: October 25, 2018, 04:15:11 pm »

I'm in favor of adding critical eye plus option 4. Simple, thematic, cuts down on rolling and gimmicky instakills that fail on everything you'd want to use them on anyway.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: October 25, 2018, 04:17:20 pm »

Critical Eye + Option 4 is OK with me.
Quote from: Albert Einstein
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Quote from: Albert Einstein, as well
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: October 25, 2018, 04:31:13 pm »

I'm in favor of adding critical eye plus option 4. Simple, thematic, cuts down on rolling and gimmicky instakills that fail on everything you'd want to use them on anyway.

I like your argument.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: October 25, 2018, 04:32:15 pm »

If we gotta change Assassinate, this seems like the best of the lot.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: October 25, 2018, 05:14:54 pm »

Critical Eye plus option 4 gets my vote as well, for whatever it counts.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: October 26, 2018, 02:30:01 am »

Either 3 or 4+CritEye would be better than current, yes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 300