Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297750 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #4185 on: June 21, 2018, 03:41:31 pm »

Mind posting the differences for us lazy souls unwilling to dig up our pdfs?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: June 21, 2018, 03:52:54 pm »

Critical Eye: This unit gains a permanent +5 bonus to their Critical Rate. Their Critical Rate cannot go below 5.

Single Strike: The Swordmaster gains a permanent +15 bonus to their Critical Rate. Their Critical Rate cannot go below 10.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: June 22, 2018, 06:47:04 am »

Swordmaster will keep Single Stroke as it is.

Now it's time for one of the new classes, one that we dubbed Templar:

Light (A/C) and Lance (A/C), they would have Quixotic as their main skill (even though most of the points are still up to debate): on command, the Templar and their opponent would gain a large amount of Crit. This bonus would remain for a full round, and would apply to any enemy that attacks the Templar on their turn. The Templar could maybe also get access to all magic weapons with Spear and Magic Helmet.

The first vote will be to determine if only Soldier promotes to this class (replacing General), or if Ascetic would get to promote to it as well (replacing Inquisitor). This would make both Ascetic promotions hybrid classes.

Edit: actually Quixotic would work only if both combatants are able to attack.

Editsquared: and maybe not actually on command.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 06:53:38 am by Solymr »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: June 22, 2018, 06:51:01 am »

It's my opinion that Ascetic should be barred from promoting to Templar, as doing so would make both of its promotions split class, something we just fixed on Fencer not long ago. I don't see why we would do the same to ourselves now. Having Soldier be the only path to Templar is neither unprecedented or even a problem at all.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: June 22, 2018, 12:43:02 pm »

It's my opinion that Ascetic should be barred from promoting to Templar, as doing so would make both of its promotions split class, something we just fixed on Fencer not long ago. I don't see why we would do the same to ourselves now. Having Soldier be the only path to Templar is neither unprecedented or even a problem at all.

I agree. If Fencer promoting to two split classes was a problem before, I don't see why we'd do that with Ascetic now.
Quote from: Albert Einstein
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Quote from: Albert Einstein, as well
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: June 22, 2018, 03:25:35 pm »

The Templar is now exclusively Soldier promote.

Now for details on Quixotic. It would give both combatants large bonuses if they're both able to attack, but the activation method is still unclear.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: June 22, 2018, 03:31:42 pm »

Alright so the whole design philosophy behind quixotic is life or death. Victory or Defeat. Heaven or Hell (let's rock). The Templar is gonna run in and either kill the enemy in spectacular fashion, or die in spectacular fashion.

Well not strictly speaking but that sort of evocative design is what we're going for here. Obviously this skill is going to be pretty powerful considering that controlling engagements to limit who can slap whom is a fundamental component of the game. Allowing the Templar to further limit enemy capability by being able to choose whether or not quixotic is in play tilts the balance of the skill too far into the hands of the templar.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4192 on: June 22, 2018, 06:28:37 pm »

Agreed with BMM42. It's already not hard for a Templar to securely engage backed up with the rest of their team; not having to worry about the risk when they can't makes the skill too powerful.

Though, I suppose you could find some sort of compromise in making it require a full action (as in, forgoing your attack) to turn it on and off, or some other limiting mechanism.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: June 23, 2018, 08:27:07 am »

I'm fundamentally against a skill that buffs enemies with no option on the player's behalf.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: June 23, 2018, 09:02:35 am »

That's a good point I hadn't considered before voting. I want to change my vote from option one to option two.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: June 23, 2018, 10:54:38 am »

After the switch the result is that choosing when Quixotic is active wins. Next poll determines if this choosing has a restriction.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: June 23, 2018, 11:22:39 am »

What if we want to leave it unrestricted and leave the crit bonus at 30? What kind of poll is this?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: June 23, 2018, 11:44:04 am »

What if we want to leave it unrestricted and leave the crit bonus at 30? What kind of poll is this?

That's the first option.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: June 24, 2018, 01:21:08 pm »

Quixotic will take an action to switch on and off. Now to determine actual bonuses.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 300