Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297874 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3000 on: July 29, 2016, 10:03:15 am »

A cap would make sense, though I kind of like the idea that if you've somehow been put into a situation that shoots you down -100 health, you'd need every healer available over the 3 down counters you get in order to survive.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: July 29, 2016, 10:04:10 am »

The problem there is if you only have one healer, etc. There's only do much healing that can be done sometimes

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: July 29, 2016, 10:05:13 am »

True, maybe there should be a soft cap? Like extra damage that puts you below -15 is halved?

FAKEDIT: Or a hard cap of negative-whatever-their-max-HP-is.
DOUBLEPOSTEDIT: BMM42 pointed out that a Max HP cap punishes characters with high HP, perhaps a flat cap then at like -50, or maybe scaling with level somehow instead of HP.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:58:24 am by CrimsonEon »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: July 29, 2016, 04:57:36 pm »

Why not go full weird and do an inverse cap based upon the MHP?

Max negative health is -60 + whatever your MHP is. So people who have a lot of health can only get knocked into the negatives by so much, and if someone somehow caps HP (I think only one has done this so far?) then it just works on the old system since you can't be brought to negative health.

Personally, though, I find that a bit much on upkeep (even coming from me) so no matter what people pick I'll probably just stick with my house rule unless it winds up being something great.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: July 29, 2016, 05:11:14 pm »

As requested:

Lucky arrow: +30 hit, once a map
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: July 29, 2016, 05:42:48 pm »

As requested:

I assume that's supposed to be for archers? I think it'd be a good secondary ability for archers.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: July 29, 2016, 05:44:01 pm »

As requested:

I assume that's supposed to be for archers? I think it'd be a good secondary ability for archers.
Yeah.
We were talking about it on IRC and BMM42 is compiling a list of suggestions to put in a poll, so he asked me to post it in here.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: July 29, 2016, 05:52:09 pm »

I'll put my suggestion here as well.

Scoped in/steady aim/what ever: If you don't use any of your mov this turn, +hit +damage. (Not sure how much +hit and damage. Some people seem to think this would be a rarely used skilled, so maybe something relatively good like +15 +2 or something?) the idea behind it is that archers seem to suffer from not being nomads, so this rewards them for acting the opposite that a nomad does. Also it scales with longbows and snipering, which I think is sorta cool but also possibly problematic since it gives relatively less for those that want to go a different path. Hum... Well, I suppose a skill favoring one play style or another isn't too terrible.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 05:54:57 pm by Criptfeind »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: July 29, 2016, 08:28:57 pm »

Archer Skill Master list

All the skills presented here are subject to tweaking once implemented

Called Shot: instead of attacking, the Archer can choose to take an overwatch stance, automatically attacking the first enemy to get in range the next enemy phase. Works with ballistas.
* Reaction Shot (active skill): Activate this skill instead of making an attack this round. During the next Enemy Phase, any time an enemy moves into any panel within your attack range, make an attack against him with -15 to hit. You may not target any target more than once per turn with this skill, and you may not double-attack regardless of your relative Attack Skill.
* Nothin' to do but Dodge (passive skill): When attacked by an enemy who is not inside your counterattack range, you gain +20 to Evasion.
* Point-Blank Shot (passive skill): You may use bows at a range of 1, but with a penalty of 1 Damage and 15 Accuracy.
* Sniper's Nest (passive skill): Double the defensive benefits of terrain you are standing on.
* Prognostication (passive skill): You keep your eyes on the horizon, and when someone charges you, you have time to anticipate. If an enemy moves three spaces or more to attack you, you gain +20 Evasion against them for that round.
* Premeditation (active skill): You may activate this skill once per battle. Reduce your MAG to 0, and receive an increase to SPD equal to half the MAG lost. On every subsequent turn, your MAG increases by 1 up to its normal amount, and your SPD decreases by 1 down to its normal amount.
Arc shot: On their turn, an archer may choose to extend their range by 1 tile in exchange for -20 to hit on the attack.
Careful Shot: Some form of exchanging damage for extra hit
Flush Shot: After attacking an enemy on defensive terrain, the target loses terrain bonuses until they complete one combat.
Sighted in: If the unit with this skill attacks a unit they attacked the previous round, +15 hit and +1 DAM
Lucky arrow: Once per map, an archer may add +30 to hit for one attack
Steady Aim: If the archer uses no move this turn, +? hit and +? Damage

I think this is all of them.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: July 29, 2016, 09:26:25 pm »

Reaction shot sounds the handiest and most likely to be used without breaking things terribly. It also gives them at least a slight counter of people coming up to whack them with swords; at least for a round.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: July 29, 2016, 09:40:43 pm »

Hmm, I think Called Shot vs Reaction Shot is better. Getting a free attack, even at -15 hit, against everyone that comes into your range is super powerful, especially once you get up into Sniper+Longbow shenanigans. Probably just sticking with one free hit against someone is good?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: July 29, 2016, 09:46:07 pm »

I like Called Shot as well. Flush Shot also seems useful.

I think "Premediation" is probably the one with the most precedent in the rulebook, with the "Dump one stat into another stat" thing, if a bit weaker than those due to the rate of conversion, and gives a use for a MAG growth beyond magic weapons and promotion to Battle Mage.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: July 29, 2016, 10:08:29 pm »

So tomorrow, I'm gonna try putting up a strawpoll or something, and people can vote on... gonna say for two or three skills, to narrow down the list to a top 4 or something. Then we can do a proper poll to see which skill is most popular

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: July 29, 2016, 11:06:53 pm »

Oh woops! I had actually meant Called Shot. Whoops!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3014 on: August 01, 2016, 01:43:16 am »

FEF website update:
The calculator can take stats you put in and generate your battle inventory stats (I call them 'Derived Stats') like Base Attack, Attack Skill, and so on, then take those and make them fight! It can already determine if there is a miss, crit, or hit, and in the latter two cases it tells you how much damage the attacker dealt and what the defender's HP is. Once I get doubles to work I can work on stuff like telling the calculator when a character is dead and basically all the things to keep the calculator from letting you do this or that infinitely until a variable is 1.21e+45.

Yay progress!

Edit: Here's a .gif of the broken calculator running battles!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you want to actually read the numbers (sorry the .gif quality is so shit) you can watch this unlisted YouTube video I uploaded of me clicking the Battle button (around the middle of the video I just hold down 'enter' and let it iterate as fast as it can).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:40:37 am by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 300