Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 299066 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub!
« Reply #2295 on: December 23, 2014, 01:58:02 am »

If you don't know anything about Fire Emblem though, I dunno how much I would suggest starting your own game without asking for help, etc. It can be really complicated and takes a lot of time/commitment

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: December 23, 2014, 02:02:29 am »

If you don't know anything about Fire Emblem though, I dunno how much I would suggest starting your own game without asking for help, etc. It can be really complicated and takes a lot of time/commitment

Also this, +1. It takes a lot to know how to balance things properly and everything. Then there's also the map-making, updating that every turn, keeping track of all the calculations for hit chances and crit chances and what terrain is doing what and the character's personal skills/fault and everything...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: December 24, 2014, 04:04:03 pm »

Only have 4 players in Twin King: Maisoh

it's a terrifyingly sloooooow FEF, buuuuut still need players.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: December 24, 2014, 04:16:16 pm »

Hey, I'm still waiting for my character to join >:(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: December 24, 2014, 04:17:12 pm »

Sheb were looking for games. Sheb's joined my XCEF game, but that's not proper FEF.
Sheb were looking for games.
Sheb

What kinda heresy is this? Sheb in FEF? Since when he plays Fire Emblem? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: December 24, 2014, 05:12:24 pm »

Coulda sworn he talked about wanting to join a game (other than XCEF, obviously).

New FEF: Noob Emblem On Forums: Witch-hunters of Arouca
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:52:37 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: January 01, 2015, 10:15:11 pm »

Okay so it was pointed out to me that Cecil might want to know, so I am posting here: I am running a tabletop FE game at my home. Just a small affair, 4 players, 1 character apiece (plus an NPC Lord), and sessions tend to be one battle, a little roleplaying (my family is not rife with roleplayers) and takes a few hours.

We're three sessions in, and I've been asked to have the next session ready by Sunday.

So that's all pretty cool.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: January 08, 2015, 12:10:57 pm »

Just gonna post this here for all to see :v

Just gonna drop this off here... Hum de hum...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weep and despair.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: January 12, 2015, 09:01:22 pm »

Dunno if you saw it yet, Solymr, but I updated some weapons in GOR. It is on the first page, just in case it could be used as material for something.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: January 13, 2015, 09:40:54 am »

Mmm... I guess... I didn't really consider it at first, but Tiruin has tempted me into giving this a look-see. Could someone please give me a quick, small rundown on these points? Just a basic overview about what to expect if I decided to get into this FEF stuff. It certainly looks interesting enough, but first impressions aren't always accurate.

Roleplay Opportunities
Character Development
Game Mechanics
(Not in-depth)
Time Investment (How long you need to put in to get anything out of it)
Speed of Advancement (How often GMs tend to advance things, such as turns.)[/b]

Do note that I'm fairly experienced with FE 7 and 8 so if you need to refer to mechanics from those games I ought to understand without further explanation.

(For example, weapon triads, though I don't know how they relate to these FEF games specifically.)
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: January 13, 2015, 09:51:32 am »

Roleplay Opportunities & Character Development: As many as you feel like making. You can talk to other characters at any time during combat, and there are often 'breaks' between chapters for working on Supports between characters and general roleplay. One of my favorite parts of the game, really.

Game Mechanics: Basically works like the games AFAIK. All the mechanics are explained early on in the handbook if you're unsure on anything.

Time Investment: ...Depends on your definition? It took over a year for FEF1 to finish. At the same time, though, you only really have to frontload the time investment by making a character and a mug/set of mugs for them. After that, you can put as little or as much time into playing them as you want. As long as you can show up at least once a day during battles to post an action, you're fine.

Speed of Advancement: Depends on the GM. Haspen, for example, keeps things moving fairly quickly.

If you're looking to get into a game, Praefectus Screptum's FEF (The Gates of Rundum, OOC here) just started back up and he might be accepting.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:54:04 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: January 13, 2015, 09:57:01 am »

I see...

Are there any interesting (interesting being subjective, admittedly) enough campaigns going/starting up that I would have the opportunity to join? They don't have to be beginner-friendly.

Well, as long as the plot/setting isn't like the one from FE8 (because my god that was dull) I should be fairly happy.

Ah, that brings me to another thing I'd like to ask. Is the world the campaigns are set in GM-designed or do they use templates from the handbooks?

(That is, are the kingdoms, countries and landmasses pre-defined or custom made?)
The circle is complete.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: January 13, 2015, 10:00:07 am »

I edited a link into my previous post; Gates of Rundum is about a group of mercenaries searching for the key to pass through a set of Gates no one has ever opened before. We've just now got the first piece in the in-character thread. As for other games, I'm not too good at keeping up with what ones are accepting or not. Someone else might be able to recommend you another one?

As for the quickedit, every GM makes up their own world and lore. Only FEF2 uses the same world as another FEF (FEF1, of course) though it's been heavily changed by wars and such.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: January 13, 2015, 10:00:44 am »

Ah, that brings me to another thing I'd like to ask. Is the world the campaigns are set in GM-designed or do they use templates from the handbooks?

(That is, are the kingdoms, countries and landmasses pre-defined or custom made?)

I make my own worlds, their lore, maps and all the stuff involved. FEF2 is sequel of FEF1 set 300-something years into future, though. FEF3 is in different world, and each NEF so far was set in its own universe as well. Themes vary from politics to fancy creatures going wild to pirate themes even v:

There are world templates in the handbook?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: January 13, 2015, 10:18:59 am »

Thank you for all the useful information. I'll have to look at the active games and question the GMs when I get a chance. (Also, read the rulebook.)

Not that I know of, it was just part of the question.
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 300