Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 299017 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub!
« Reply #2160 on: November 13, 2014, 06:45:36 am »

Well center already kinda does that. More importantly that can easily go well beyond hp costs of call magic spells or even weak attacks, which seems really good for a first class skill.
I know center does it and does it better, but look at Merc's passive, Charisma/Daunt do it better. Also unlike Center or self-healing, Meditate would use an action.

And there's the thing that if you put a lot of prog into STR to abuse healing you won't have much left for the rest of stats (which is why I consider Center/Imbue balanced).

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 13, 2014, 09:57:56 am »

Equating Charisma to the mercenary special is weird, since mercenary gets feedback.

How about Mage's getting HP back based on their CON score instead of STR?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: November 13, 2014, 10:04:26 am »

Yeah I like CON better.

Edit: this reminds me, Troubadours promoting from trainees have less CON than if they started from first class.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:09:08 am by Solymr »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: November 13, 2014, 10:14:00 am »

They get other stats higher overall in that case though. And no one is stopping priest trainees from taking a few points in CON at character creation.

Oh, another thing I thought about- There is no way beyond promotion to increase your CON beyond items, and if you wind up needing that CON more than you thought, well, you're out of luck.

Maybe as an additional option at promotion, instead of adding 5% progression rate to one of your stats, you can choose to add one point to CON instead?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: November 13, 2014, 10:42:10 am »

Every other class has the same CON excluding other boosts, so it kinda stands out. Reducing FC base CON and buffing RES would make it more equal.

Also interesting that last part. 5% equals one extra point in 20 levels so I think it's a good trade-off.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: November 13, 2014, 03:13:34 pm »

Raises the question as to if one could, instead of getting those four bonus points you would get at CharGen, cash in an extra 20% progression though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 13, 2014, 03:17:39 pm »

So basically, be a weaker version of a lord?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 13, 2014, 03:23:35 pm »

Raises the question as to if one could, instead of getting those four bonus points you would get at CharGen, cash in an extra 20% progression though.

I'd argue against that, myself. Plus you wouldn't be able to trade in that 5% for one point of any stat, just CON.

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: November 14, 2014, 02:34:33 am »

I likes the sound of the CON vs 5% trade off. I'll also double check the Troubadour's stats, I must have missed some numbers that should've gone into CON. But I'm also of the opinion of not giving more growth in exchange for the bonus stats, as that is supposed to be characteristic of the Lords, reflective on how Marth or Ike would start off fairly unimpressive but then blossom into some of the best non-mounted units in the game, if not THE best (non-mounted). (Moreso Marth from 1 and 3, not 11 and 12)

Also, about your concern with Sanctuary's lack of bully potential...well, I do have a LITTLE teaser for the upcoming GM Handbook/Beastiary: Enemy units get little buffs to their abilities, ESPECIALLY if they're bosses. For instance, Boss Bishops "lose" Sanctuary, and instead get...

Inquisition
Activated Effect
On their turn, a character with this skill can set up a zone 3 spaces in all four directions around the character. Anyone within this zone cannot exit, but anyone outside the zone cannot enter. As well, attacks from outside the zone cannot pass through to target anyone within. Attacks from inside the zone cannot go outside the zone, but attacks made against legal targets within the zone are permitted. Long range Healing staffs can also leave the zone, but Debuff and Buff staffs cannot. While the zone is active, character who activated this skill must continually use their action to maintain it; if they do not, the zone falls at the end of their phase.
(first draft)

This skill is also given to Inquisitor bosses in place of Benediction, because it just wouldn't seem right to not have the two go together (and I also couldn't think of a better thematic opposite to Sanctuary). And also because GM's publicly making called shots for the boss is, while remarkably honest, still pretty bullshit.
*guilty cough*

Oh! And those weapon icons? I really like them! I might use them in the book, maybe, not entirely sure. I do know the next (1.4 or 1.3something) is going to include a section detailing some of the more unique weapons (Why does a Claymore have 1-2 range for a Sword? Because it's a Big F'KING Sword. What the crap is White Lightning and why is it effective vs Dragons? Because if at first you don't succeed, zap them with your Blue Eyes again! Among others)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:47:54 am by CecilHoshino »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: November 14, 2014, 06:48:25 am »

How about Desecrated Zone? :v

Also now that you mention Judgement, here's how I made it work in my game, in a way that it's (mostly) equalized.
Judgement magic is effective vs Class trees:
*Flash is effective vs Archer trainee tree except Spy tree.
*Prelude is effective vs Soldier trainees except Social Knight tree.
*Thani is effective vs Performer trainee tree.
*Ray is effective vs Rider trainee tree.
*Leviathan is effective vs Priest trainee tree.
*Sleppnir is effective vs Thief trainee tree.
*Valaura is now named Inquisition and is effective vs Mage trainee tree except Monk tree.
*God Hand is effective vs Fighter trainee tree.
*Avalon is effective vs Swordsman trainee tree.
*Inquisition is now named Valaura and is effective vs Monk tree.
*White Lightning is effective vs Humans.
*Creiddylad is effective vs Non-humans.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 14, 2014, 07:13:04 am »

Seems a bit odd to me to have the Monk tree have it's own specific tree. I guess since Monk tree is one of the few using light tomes but still, that's kinda eh to me. Could do vs Monsters instead, then have White Lightning be against Dragons again, something like that. I unno.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 14, 2014, 07:28:56 am »

But nobody uses Dragons regularly and Monsters/Undead have Anima subcats vs them :v

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: November 14, 2014, 09:50:34 am »

But nobody uses Dragons regularly and Monsters/Undead have Anima subcats vs them :v

White Lightning and Creiddylad are S level magic- It doesn't matter that the target enemy is rare, because using the tome is supposed to be rare!

And I actually really like the idea of there being class skills with designated Boss variants- Helps to explain what makes the boss such hot shit. Also also agree that enemy units probably shouldn't get roll-calling.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 23, 2014, 10:16:50 am »

Alright, a little update on the Sanctuary discussion. We just started up a map where we now have a Bishop class over in my game, and people are not happy with how the ability works. It's very powerful, but it comes with many (necessary) restrictions. So much so that it becomes nearly impossible to use effectively. Swordstar noted that, short of scenarios designed by the GM to highlight the ability and make it necessary, it's just not worth it until half the team is kissing floor.

So, proposed alternate ability that is a little more flexible in exchange for less power.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: November 23, 2014, 02:53:03 pm »

That... is a significant drop in power and I'm not a fan. :/
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 300