Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298832 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

As someone who is running a healbot in two campaigns (though Sadie will be getting weapons on class-up :P) I actually prefer the 'no' option for countering.
but y

I like Haspen's method, personally.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

I am extraordinarily fond of the FE10 method. Could we have that as the go-to counter if you have no weapons? Pretty please?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

@Sirus: Because I think it's retarded to waste a healing staff's quality on doing zero damage - most healers aren't going to have high STR, and if an enemy is hitting in melee range in the first place it's likely someone that has at least a measure of DEF. So, yeah, let's just blow that valuable Mend staff's charges by breaking it on Alexander's face for example, shall we? :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

@Sirus: Because I think it's retarded to waste a healing staff's quality on doing zero damage - most healers aren't going to have high STR, and if an enemy is hitting in melee range in the first place it's likely someone that has at least a measure of DEF. So, yeah, let's just blow that valuable Mend staff's charges by breaking it on Alexander's face for example, shall we? :P
Wait, who said anything about using the staff as a weapon? ???
Oh, whatever. Most running games seem to follow Haspen's rule in this regard, so I guess I'm not overly bothered by it.

In non-FEF discussion, does anyone know a way to load a save file in Fire Emblem: Awakening without closing and restarting the entire game? I've been having a lot of difficulty keeping people from dying and having to shut the whole thing down to restart a map frustrates me to no end >:[
these games need quicksave/load functions, seriously
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

nevermind
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I wish to propose a subject about promotion items, mainly the over prevalence of some. I apologize in advance for the semi-wall of text.

As you can see, some are sorely underused while others are overused to such a degree that they lose the flair they're suppose to have: excitement at the rare item of power. After all, it pushes you to new heights and strengths, it should be a big deal. Some of them are so prevalent in classes however that they almost because boring.

I propose that we try to balance these out a bit, so as to avoid over-saturation to a specific one or another to try and preserve the effect they're suppose to carry. The easiest way I see to accomplish this would be the creation of another promotion item, one meant for holy classes and the like. This item would be the promotion item for Bishops, Saints, Holy Guards, Crusaders, and possibly Paladins.
This chips into the Guiding Ring overpopulation, but we can also make more use from the promotion items we have to balance out some of the others. Ocean Seal, from what I've read, is suppose to deal with Banditry and the like, so two apt classes that might fit the bill for it could be Warrior and Mountain Warrior, one close to the banditry line while the other branches off of it. Raising the numbers of the Fell Contract could be easy, Summoner seems like it would fit the bill exceedingly well considering the class is summoning creatures and the like.
Some chipping can still be done on the Knight's Crest (most certainly if Paladin isn't included in the new holy item), but at the moment I am at a pause.

Thanks to Blade for talking this out with me.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Wait, who said anything about using the staff as a weapon? ???
Oh, whatever. Most running games seem to follow Haspen's rule in this regard, so I guess I'm not overly bothered by it.

In non-FEF discussion, does anyone know a way to load a save file in Fire Emblem: Awakening without closing and restarting the entire game? I've been having a lot of difficulty keeping people from dying and having to shut the whole thing down to restart a map frustrates me to no end >:[

You could do what I do, and do the suspend/quicksave/whatever thing, and then continue your game instead of loading the suspend file.

Also, Cecil, what do you think of the FE9/10 system of hitting level 20 as a base class and then getting 100 EXP would promote you? Is this something that should be in this system? I think it'd be a good idea, personally.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

@Xanmyral:

Holy Seal, Sacred Ring, Pious Mark, Sacred Orb, Holy Cloth, Mark of the Faith...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L+R+START

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

L+R+START
Only if L+R+Select is done first or you've saved the game state prior to doing this.
Sorry Sirus ._.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

-snip-
I don't think Paladins should switch to the new holy class promotion item, mainly because FE Paladins are pretty much just mounted units with a good selection of available weaponry, not the holy warrior kind of Paladins seen in DnD and pretty much every other kind of Paladin. That would, however, be perfect for Crusaders, if you haven't thought of that yet.
On other things, it still seems that there's a lot of classes that'll promote with a Knight's Crest. I say what we should do is make Soldiers promote to Sentinels via Hero Crest, since I don't really see a Knight Crest being fitting for that, really.

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile

Also, Cecil, what do you think of the FE9/10 system of hitting level 20 as a base class and then getting 100 EXP would promote you? Is this something that should be in this system? I think it'd be a good idea, personally.

I'm not really for it in the context of the tabletop, or, if I were to include it, it wouldn't be 100 EXP. Maybe 200. Just so that Promotion Items still have a purpose.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Attention all citizens v:

It's been brought to my attention that my 1.20 handbook link has expired due to inactivity and thus lots of people cannot grab it. I will rehost and put the link here.

Whoever uses my link as their Handbook source, should update as well v:

New link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/cozfv9
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:38:53 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Aaaand poll changed. We can decide on anti-magic's stats if it comes through.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 300