Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298770 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I'm shuddering at flipping a coin every time a unit passes a grass tile.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I'm shuddering at flipping a coin every time a unit passes a grass tile.

What no, they have to use an action aka spend a turn v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

What's with taking useful stats away from classes in exchange for CON? O_o;

No. Just no. Falcoknights need that STR.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

What's with taking useful stats away from classes in exchange for CON? O_o;

No. Just no. Falcoknights need that STR.

Falcoknights have low Con and no S ranks. They need it to carry heavier lances into battle without reducing one of their primary stats, speed.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Falcos aren't supposed to carry big ass lances anyway.

And CON is more valuable than a point of STR, it would require more to be a fair trade.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cecil, two questions: What are the cost values for the stats when they are applied as promotion bonuses or base stats?

And, what is up with Archer Defense?

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile

Also question for Cecil: why the removal of Forest Knight in v1.22?

Part of it was the utter lack of identity the Forest Knights had, compared to the Warrior; at the end of the day, it was mostly around for the Lances to counter the weakness of the Axe specialization. On top of that, FE8 and 13 (as well as FE5 when you consider the translated names of Othlin and Halvan's classes) firmly established that Fighter -> Hero was a standard promotion path. The final nail was back on the RPOL testing grounds; one of the players mentioned that future players might want to run the Hector route, tanky axe fighter who promotes to swinging swords on the side; this was before Knights had the option to be like their FE4/5/10 counterparts and specialize in any of the physical weapons, not just the Lance and Axe/Sword on promotion, but, even still, Hero's new skills would've fit a Hector expy anyway.

Cecil, two questions: What are the cost values for the stats when they are applied as promotion bonuses or base stats?

And, what is up with Archer Defense?

If I understand what you mean by cost values, what I try to do is keep things at least numerically balanced in that no class gains more or less from their base or promotions than the others. Knights get a little extra to make up for their -1 MOV, Thieves and their ilk tend to suffer a little penalty to make up for their +1 MOV, and some math errors happen like Archers have 5 more than they should, but, in general, I try to keep Base Stats for the First Classes at 50, promotion from Trainee to Tier One at +10, and promotion from Tier One to Tier Two at +15

As for the Archer's Defense, that comes from the Akaneia games (1, 3, 11, 12). There was the division between the Archers (who promoted to Snipers) and the Hunters (who promoted to Horsemen). In general, Hunters were stronger, but frailer, while Archers could take more of a hit if they were unfortunate enough to get attacked on their turn. Higher Defense and HP, I felt, gave Archers less fear about going into battle where there's only a 1 gap spot between them and the target, and to help combat with all the other ranged options like Spears and Throwing Axes.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Falcoknight change approved. Next poll is up.

Also OP restructuring is due, I will include a list of FEF games.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps in future polls state what the stat change will turn into?
Still alive, amazingly.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Poll changed, Duke Knight change approved.

I noticed base troubs have less RES than priest trainees and if this change comes through we should change the promotion bonuses or the trainee base to make it more consistent.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Honestly not sure if this would go better here or elsewhere, but what are everyone's thoughts on how the game changes as you increase or decrease the number of combatants? I'm kind of digging Haspen's current FEF1 Epilogues, but I'm curious how that or something a bit larger would play out over a full-er game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Turns would be quicker and it would require more thought (in theory, and of a more linear and frequency nature instead of breadth) instead of simply rushing the target, until a drop off point is hit.

Of course, it also limits the amount of tactical choices the group could make, which in relation limits the amount of situations a group could also sustain successfully. So as the number of people lessen, the amount of complexity that could be put into a single battle similarly lessens. So while one would have to think more of how they move and where with fewer people due to greater risk, the amount of options and stratagems available also shrink so that strategies become less complex due to fewer moving parts and things one could tinker with.

So a quick game that may require more frequent thinking but of smaller breadth and depth would be a smaller one, while a slow game that has less frequent thinking but of greater breadth and depth would be a larger one.

[/$0.02]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:16:10 pm by Xanmyral »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New poll up.

I want to propose a couple changes to the promotion bonuses for Troub and Thief:
Troubadour: -1 LCK, +1 CON
Thief: -1 SKL, +1 LCK

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rider trainees can't promote to Nomads, instead they can promote to Wyvern Riders and choose any of the three rides.
Priest trainees can't promote to Monks.
Something for the Pegasus Rider?
Battle Mage Imbue Arrow side effect for Fire change.
Memory Magic.
Removing Momentum's limit.
Forest Knight trapping rework.
Mage Knight's Physical Training giving a proficiency bonus when promoting from Troubadour.
Master Spy traps.
Mountain Warrior Big Swing and Mountain Sprint.
Rogue Bag of Holding change or not.
Sage proficiencies to S anima and no staves.
Shadow Sword Marked for Death stuff.
Sniping change.
Summon buffs?
Swashbuckler immunity of WTD. Or something.
Warrior's Rough and Tumble.
Wyvern Knight choic between swords and axes.
Warding magic change (half damage?).
Druidic magic change (double damage/half damage?).

That's all the proposed changes I can think of.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Like it, let's go with that.
2. Why not? I realize they lose staff proficiency, but that leaves priest trainee with only two paths to choose.
3. I was thinking something along the lines of +1 mov if they travel 5 tiles in one direction during their mov.
4. No idea for this.
5. Necessary.
6. Great idea.
7. Forest Knight can drop 3 single use traps that deal 15 damage and immediately end the target's turn, and immobilize them for 3 turns.
8. I thought we determined they just get two C/D weapon ranks?
9. I'll dig up the discussion on ideas there sometime tonight maybe.
10. I think we determined the 5 hit for 1 damage was a good trade off.
11. I still think it's unnecessary.
12. It would give us a base S rank Anima.
13. Marked for Death: The Shadow Sword chooses an enemy unit: The Shadow Sword and all Allies get 15 hit, 3 DAM, and 5 Crit against the target or the Shadow Sword is reduced to 0 hp.
14. Why does Sniping need to be changed?
15. Never noticed a problem with Summoners either.
16. The idea was that Swashbucklers could never lose on the Weapon Triangle, but they could win it. Don't have a name for it yet. Also, they'd get an improved Water Walk, sort of like the Mountain Warrior's mountain sprint.
17. Basically 1.22's Fighter Hero's special on the Warrior. I like it.
18. I don't see why not. Heck, even dropping swords entirely in favor of axes, since many Wyvern riders in the games used those over axes, in fact.
19. I don't know about halving damage, but I think a flat defensive bonus against the relevant weapon would be much better than a piddling def or res per hit the monk lands.
20. Yeah, that's still confusing.

Cecil, can we get a bit of explanation what exactly Trumping does with druidic magic?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 300