Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298758 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

There used to be a time where what you could carry was affected by CON.
I know that, but it doesn't seem like anyone follows that rule. So why boost CON (all but useless with S-rank swords) in exchange for dropping HP (always useful)?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Its not entirely useless, as it lets you rescue heavier people or use some of the heaviest stuff like crush swords better. I'm not arguing for or against the change, just saying why it was probably made.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

And the planned change to Bag of Holding makes it even more uselessest.

I don't understand why we think it needs to be changed? 5 spaces for weapons and however many of anything else seems fine to me.
Except Bag of Holding as for now doesn't allow you to hold weapons once you go over 5 items :I

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

And the planned change to Bag of Holding makes it even more uselessest.

I don't understand why we think it needs to be changed? 5 spaces for weapons and however many of anything else seems fine to me.
Except Bag of Holding as for now doesn't allow you to hold weapons once you go over 5 items :I
I... don't think so? It seems to me that the new weapon would just displace an item into the bag of holding space.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

No, the way it's worded, you cannot have any weapons if you're holding more than 5 items. As in anywhere on your person.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which is stupid, especially if a chest you open contains a weapon.

Bag of Holding
Passive Effect
The character has infinite storage for items. However, once they go
over the normal storage limit, they can no longer have weapons of any
kind on their person.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I prefer the "you can have five weapons and an infinite amount of non-weapons" definition myself.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's kinda op and totally not what the original wording meant.

This is what I thought: after going over 5 items the Rogue needs to spend an action to change weapons.

Alternatively just give them 10 slots.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

I think the ten slots option is the best. No need to make them the team storage business.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another vote for 10 slots!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's not fair to rogues though. That makes it so utilizing their skill forces them to choose between having the right weapon for the battle or not being able to attack.

And it's very rare that FEF characters need to carry more than 5 things anytime anyway.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But Rogues kinda find it useful for stealin and lootin.

This will be put to vote after stat changes.

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile

Hello everyone. Thanks to Kuji for introducing me to you all. I'm Cecil, the author of the original Guidebook, and, I have to say, the discussion that it spawned has been very colourful and impressive to see play out, and I am flattered and a little embarrassed that it brought such entertainment to you all. Last night, I got a chance to meet with a lot of you on the IRC, but time zones and other matters have thrown a wrench or two in things. So, with Solymr's permission, I'd like to have a little Q&A on the thread.

Any rules or abilities vaguely worded and you'd like authorial intent on? Ask away!
Want to know the context for specific changes, down to a shake down and "What were you thinking?" By all means, voice it!
Have a potential change in the works and would like my opinion on? You shouldn't have to, but if you want to include me in the discussion, sure!

Whatever you'd like to know, from rules to context to potential new changes in a later version of the book, I'm open to answering most any question. I apologize for the potential derail this is, as you're in the middle of stat changes and class ability tweaks, so please keep discussing that, and whenever a question strikes, just slip it into the bottom of your post.

Once again, it's awesome to meet you all, and to know my book spawned such fascinating discourse.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome to the forums Cecil!

As you may have noticed, we're currently discussing the Bag of Holding Rogue special. There is is some confusion on how it is meant to be interpreted. Could you explain how it is supposed to work for us?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 300