Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298718 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

.....Quarted, I guess? :P
But yeah, I also agree with the notion that Wyvern Knights get Axes instead of Swords while Hunters stay the same.
I'd like to note that there actually aren't very many classes that mix swords and lances.

If Wyvern Knights get put to axes, that would just leave duke knight and falco knight as those who specialize in the two. So I can see why they placed them with swords instead of axes.
Hmmm, but yeah, Xanmyral's also correct here. If we do that, then we should at least change another class so that they get Lances and Swords.
...Let them choose between the two? Seems the best idea to me for now.
Taricus has a good idea here, I think.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There also aren't a lot that mix between Axes and Lances, there are only two that currently do it, so I don't think that argument is completely legit but I also wouldn't mind letting them choose swords or axes so.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Random (not really pertaining to this discussion) but mildly interesting note: There are two sword bow users, one axe bow user, three sword axe users, two axe lance users, and no lance bow users.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Ok finally we can keep doing classes. Paralyze B staff will get the same ol' stats.

About wyvern knights getting axes + lances I don't think we need a lot of classes with swords and lances. Only general and FK get both of them, so when the vote comes I'll put the option to let them choose, keep swords or change them to axes.

Also wyvern hunters should keep S lances.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that was the general idea wrt Wyvern Hunters.

And yeah, I think letting Wyvern Knights choose Axes or Swords is legit since there's precedence for them having both options.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

There's even precedence in our games.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

When the crusader poll finishes, 'nother suggestion since we're arguing about it in IRC.

Saints, in my opinion STR Transfer is useless. They deserve an ability that can amplify their main job better, healing, and make them more effective at it than any other staff user. So a couple suggestions got thrown around and I think we should take a poll:

1) Keep STR Transfer
2) Overheal; When you heal a character up to maximum, the extra HP above max can be transferred to another adjacent ally
3) Sacrifice; Saint can sacrifice HP to heal an adjacent character and cure them of status

Thoughts?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

I think STR Transfer is a really neat and unique ability, especially since Saints, having very little offensive capability, can ignore SKL and dump points that would otherwise be reserved there for STR.

I like both of those other options though, and wouldn't mind seeing them added to the Saint in addition to the STR transfer special.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

If we're making healers better, here's another couple suggestions:

-add level/2 to hp healed using a staff
-hp healed over target's max HP limit is converted into "temporary HP"
-when targeting an ally with a staff, target gets a boost to STR and MAG for 2 turns based on the staff's rank: 1 point for a rank E staff, up to 5 points for a rank A staff or 6 for rank S.
-as a readied action, prepare to heal an ally within range when they are attacked (so that even if they are KO'd, they are healed before the start of their turn and get to take their action).
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-when targeting an ally with a staff, target gets a boost to STR and MAG for 2 turns based on the staff's rank: 1 point for a rank E staff, up to 5 points for a rank A staff or 6 for rank S.
-as a readied action, prepare to heal an ally within range when they are attacked (so that even if they are KO'd, they are healed before the start of their turn and get to take their action).

Healers are already indispensable. This is unnecessary. We're talking about the promoted class Saint specifically.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think STR Transfer is a really neat and unique ability, especially since Saints, having very little offensive capability, can ignore SKL and dump points that would otherwise be reserved there for STR.

I like both of those other options though, and wouldn't mind seeing them added to the Saint in addition to the STR transfer special.

See, STR Transfer just doesn't fit in well with the Saint to me. After 8 STR, any further STR gains are useless since the Transfer caps out at 8. In order to make use of it then you have to have Center, thus you're locked in. In addition STR Transfer just feels like it takes away from the Saint's role of kickass staff user, especially since it takes up an action the Saint could use healing or inflicting ailments.

What Blade Said: I'm aiming at Saints specifically. Healers already fit into the support role perfectly, what I'm pointing out is that Saints, being exclusively staff users and nothing else, don't feel any more effective at the job than Bishops, Nomad Healers, or hell, Call Magic Druids.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Should saints only be good at healing or also at using staves of any kind?
I mean, they could get bonuses relative to the kind of staff they're using.

Also I hereby declare the Crusader able to crusade.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should saints only be good at healing or also at using staves of any kind?
I mean, they could get bonuses relative to the kind of staff they're using.

Also I hereby declare the Crusader able to crusade.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. But thing is I'm thinking that maybe if the Healer does their job more efficiently, maybe they'll have more actions freed up for throwing Aliment staves into the mix. Or hell, maybe it could be a specific bonus depending on their highest Proficiency:

Heal = Overheal
Aliments = Bonus to staff hit rate?
Buffs = Sacrifice, or something similar?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See, STR Transfer just doesn't fit in well with the Saint to me. After 8 STR, any further STR gains are useless since the Transfer caps out at 8. In order to make use of it then you have to have Center, thus you're locked in. In addition STR Transfer just feels like it takes away from the Saint's role of kickass staff user, especially since it takes up an action the Saint could use healing or inflicting ailments.

It seems to me that if you have more than 8 STR, you can hand out bonus strength to multiple targets. And turns where you have no injured allies you can reach do happen-I wouldn't mind handing out free buffs in the meantime.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 300