Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298395 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

They also have to be in fairly close range too, though, right? I mean it's not like Anja could do that from halfway across the map.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

All dances have range of 1-2 and can affect 2 enemies at once.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Exactly. She had to get to the normal attack range to do it, which is more dangerous than hiding behind five or six generals and using Paralysis. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

I think the Dances are already counter balanced by their range and the fact that boosting allies is going to be a tempting prospect in return.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I'm and advocate of differing bases when it comes to staffs and dances. I feel they're alright otherwise though. If you really want to lower the chance, maybe just increase the multiplier for the distance penalty.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

So it appears the 3AS 5DEF option won so that's what they get.
I'll switch to trainees now and then the formula. But we have to keep thinking about the classes.Bishop, Commander, Crusader?

Squeegy anything from Toady?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem with simply rolling Trainee levels and whatnot as they are now is that it invalidates First Class as a viable starting point.

The way I understood the book, Trainee and First Class starts are supposed to be two sides of a coin, rather than Trainee starts blowing First Class starts out of the water so hard they wind up back on the high dive. The idea is that while Trainees start out weaker than First Class, they eventually surpass them. The keyword here being Eventually. It shouldn't be going on by level 3 of First Class.

Not to mention my way obviates extra rolling when someone joins a game late.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Completely forgot about this and I come back and there's a tie.
Dammit guys I bet if you tried to vote in political stuff they wouldn't let you because it would always end on a TIE :V

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally. Now for staves/dances formula.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As Crusaders are going to be put to a vote later, we should probably discuss what character skill we'd like to give them.

I propose that they keep Heroic Light, and instead of Cover get Crusade.

Crusade
Activated effect

A character with this skill can activate it at any time during the Player Phase once per map. The character selects one First Class. That class and its promotions automatically lose to this character on the weapon triangle, regardless of what weapon they are using. This effect lasts until the end of the map.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have a tie. Again.

Meanwhile, any ideas regarding Falcoknights, Warriors or Swashbucklers are welcome.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, any ideas regarding Falcoknights, Warriors or Swashbucklers are welcome.

Popular current ideas include:

Warrior getting Rough and Tumble similar to the Fighter-Hero from 1.22
Falcoknights getting Charge that is not hp restricted, activated rather than passive, and simply relies on having a higher speed than the opponent.
Swashbuckler getting an improved Water Walk, and not ignoring the weapon triangle if they would be losing (an ability tentatively named I Am Not Left-Handed)

Debate stuff you don't like and suggest things you would, please.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alternative for Falcoknights is Galeforce nerfed to one extra action and maybe less hit or move.

Also poll is finished, staves and dances will get each a different base hit.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 12:54:52 pm by Solymr »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is my proposal for staff hit rates.

And dances. For the moment I'm suggesting quite high hit rates for several that previously did not require rolls to hit.

EDIT: Also Status Effect stuff because we never did actually finish that. The main difference between Variants 1 and 2 here is the function of Paralyze, which there has been some discussion about changing.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 300