Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298272 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Call it a gut feeling.

Which I acknowledge isn't really a convincing argument. And I suppose the idea of Nullify is to make the whole thing more forgiving.

Actually, it may be my bias toward the class skill for wyvern knights I designed. Since it'd stack with the multiplier reduction Nullify, and be reduced in usefulness by the avenue elimination Nullify.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

My argument is that it's simply easier to remember. It's 'does X have Nullify? Then 2x damage' as opposed to 'Does X have Nullify? Does it Nullify this type of damage? If so, 1x damage'. It eliminates a step of bookkeeping.

EDIT: Actually it would be more like: 'Does X have Nullify? Does it Nullify this type of damage? If so, 1x damage. If not, 3x damage' so it's actually easier to check than I said. :X
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:35:45 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I'm sorry but I'd rather go for the nicer option. While great for paladins and wyvern knights, it not nearly as great for anyone else. If you spend your character skill on that, it has to be something that wows you.

Reducing the multiplier doesn't strike me as great as having the chance to nullify a counter, or strike twice, or regain health passively. That's my view on it.

@SC: I admit that, yes, but probably not anymore bookkeeping as personal skills. But I admit some bias there, neither strike me as hard to remember. So less bookkeeping is a good reason.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, Awareness seems to be handled. Let's take a short break and determine what weapon trees should be effective against what before proceeding to Nullify, since that's sort of important to the skill.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Phone shenanigans apart, these are the options:

Wind and Bows vs Flying, Thunder vs Wyvern, Fire vs Undead.
Wind and Bows vs Flying, Thunder vs Wyvern, Fire vs Monsters, Holy vs Undead.

Anything else?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:59:23 am by Solymr »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wind and Bows vs Flying, Thunder vs Wyvern, Warding vs Undead.

Not every category of Anima needs to be effective against something. And I feel like Warding is underwhelming right now, so that's a good boost.

I don't think Monsters as a whole need a vulnerability.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

Soldiers deal effective damage against Mounted.
*FWEEEEEEET*
No. No they don't.
Okay, yup. My bad, I misspoke. Soldiers get bonuses against Mounted units.

And why do all monsters have to have the same vulnerability? You could just include a specific weakness in the description for certain monsters, so that gargoyles are weak against wind magic, centaurs are treated as Mounted, skeletons are weak against holy, and spiders aren't weak against anything (or maybe weak to fire).
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soldiers deal effective damage against Mounted.
*FWEEEEEEET*
No. No they don't.
Okay, yup. My bad, I misspoke. Soldiers get bonuses against Mounted units.

And why do all monsters have to have the same vulnerability? You could just include a specific weakness in the description for certain monsters, so that gargoyles are weak against wind magic, centaurs are treated as Mounted, skeletons are weak against holy, and spiders aren't weak against anything (or maybe weak to fire).

That's pretty close in line with what I was thinking, yeah.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Casual reminder that the poll won't end until we get at least 15 total votes.

I don't even know if there are enough people following this.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

I follow this.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Casual reminder that the poll won't end until we get at least 15 total votes.

I don't even know if there are enough people following this.

Why are we setting an arbitrary vote limit?

Especially one so high? We generally get 10-12 votes total.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Prepare to wait, 'cause it may be a few games before enough care about the mechanics to vote. :v

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While we wait for the tie to resolve itself >:I we can discuss something like druidic and warding magic.

How about making druidic effective (triple MT) vs their specified weapon and deal half (total) damage vs the others, and making warding so the wielder takes only half damage from specified weapons?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha, dat tie.

Anyho, so you want druid magic to be effective against what it trumps but only deal half total damage against everything else? Plausible, I suppose. As for warding, just halving the total damage once then?

Also, since I'm tired of asking this question all the friggin' time when it comes up, let's settle this: is this an optimistic or pessimistic system? I.E., does it round up or down?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Every count I've seen in this book is rounded down.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 300