Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298241 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

I resumed work on Class Descriptions. Provided we use the ones already written in 1.22, I have all the missing First Class descriptions, descriptions for the trainees (which I'm not super happy about because there's so much they can eventually do), and am about midway through Promoted Classes.

Anyway, I noticed though that Nomad Medics can whip up Vulneraries, Concoctions, and Elixirs in a single round, which seems odd. They already have long range healing that works with hit and run. An NH with a storage could spend an entire battle stocking the characters up on vulneraries, which is just odd.

I think this should be an ability that takes place between chapters, allowing Medics to freely generate 1 vulnerary for free, 1 concoction for 300 gold, or one elixir for 900 gold, which is sort of steep, but not unreasonable since most games have them run at 3000 gold and they return full health.

Also, I was thinking they could also spend 250 gold to make 3 vulneraries between chapters, or 1000 for three concoctions. Only one elixir at a time though. Increased costs leading to greater quantities of medicine produced. If the party chose, this could even be a source of income- provided they have the starting capital.

Thoughts?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

I think free medicine should at least cost an action in the middle of a dangerous battle :V

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Anyway, I noticed though that Nomad Medics can whip up Vulneraries, Concoctions, and Elixirs in a single round, which seems odd. They already have long range healing that works with hit and run. An NH with a storage could spend an entire battle stocking the characters up on vulneraries, which is just odd.

Good luck making 10 Elixirs in one battle with whatever meagre supply of gold your GM gives you :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good luck making 10 Elixirs in one battle with whatever meagre supply of gold your GM gives you :P

The fact that it theoretically could be done overshadows the fact that it's stunningly unlikely.

I think free medicine should at least cost an action in the middle of a dangerous battle :V

It currently does, which is another reason I think it's something that should be handled outside of battle- That way, the NH can contribute their skill without having to give up battle participation.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

These are all quite good, even if some need some polishing (mage trainees can only handle low level Anima? I thought we changed that :o).

So, say bye bye to Corrosion and Reinforce cause they are GONE. Start talking about what to do with Nullify.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wrote that weeks ago :p

Anyway.  I vote nullify reduces effective damage multiplier to 2 instead of 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want Nullify to nullify one of the character's weakness type (flying, armored, horseback, etc).

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I want Nullify to nullify one of the character's weakness type (flying, armored, horseback, etc).
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh. That's so marginal for any of the classes that really benefit from it though. I dun like that.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Making it from 3x to 2x makes it worse for everyone :V

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Making it from 3x to 2x makes it worse for everyone :V

Admittedly it does decrease the effectiveness for mounted units and knights.  But for great knights and all the fliers it's far better than 1x against 1 vulnerability, and they're the classes tha that want nullify in the first place.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But great knights and wyverns are the only ones with two weaknesses are they're built like tanks anyways :x

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

But great knights and wyverns are the only ones with two weaknesses are they're built like tanks anyways :x

This v:
SigFlags!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

While I was one of the proponents to the 2x, I prefer the single type. I think you may be misunderstanding how it works, how does it work from your perspective?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When Nullify is chosen you select an area of vulnerability that you have and it is no longer effective against you.

Example: wyver rider takes nullify and chooses wyvern as his exemption type. Thunder magic and anti wyvern type weapons no longer deal bonus damage.

Do I have I t right?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 300