Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297982 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #675 on: April 18, 2014, 08:48:27 am »

I like this as it makes sense. Trees and pillars are pretty similar. :P Give Forest Knight the same thing to make it useful indoors as well and I'd consider both classes pretty well fixed.

The current plan for Forest Knights is to give them a trap feature like the spy. They only get one trap though- The beartrap.

Beartrap: Single Use. When an enemy enters the tile, they take 15 damage, are immobilized for 5 turns, and immediately end their turn.

They'll probably get 5 uses per map, but none of it has been finalized yet, and we'll be coming back to it once we start on promoted classes (where we plan to address Heroes, Warriors, both Wyvern Promotes, Forest Knights, Mountain Warriors, Sages, and maybe some other stuff I can't really think of.)

Edit because derp.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 18, 2014, 10:06:44 am »

I'm kinda confused here because people voted that they wanted the three options for the Fighter but now everyone's talking about not wanting three options for anybody?

Let's try this again.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 18, 2014, 10:09:37 am »

Poll is poorly-worded. If I vote yes, does that mean Fighters have 3 promotions or 2?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread. Current topic: Fighters!
« Reply #678 on: April 18, 2014, 10:11:20 am »

They'd get Hero, Warrior and FK. Lemme change that.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 18, 2014, 10:21:39 am »

* Haspen votes for the one and only true option.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 19, 2014, 05:21:31 am »

I see a problem and I don't really know how to solve it cause half of the people will get offended if I break the tie to either side :-X

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 19, 2014, 09:05:18 am »

We can always come back and add new promotions in a later set. And come to think of it, if we ever do third tier promotions, we'll have to come up with a whole extra third of promotions if we do that. So let's not.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 19, 2014, 09:18:18 am »

Let's not what? Break the tie? :o
But we kinda need this solved asap.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 19, 2014, 09:31:50 am »

No, I mean we shouldn't do the 3 promotions. If one class has it, the others should too, and that'd be a lot of work.

Of course, I already voted no.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 19, 2014, 09:38:19 am »

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that apparently if one class has three promotion choices every other class needs them too :-\

But you're right in the loadsawork stuff, so I'm turning towards no.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 19, 2014, 10:03:19 am »

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that apparently if one class has three promotion choices every other class needs them too :-\
This.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 19, 2014, 10:05:54 am »

One class shouldn't have more promotion options than others.

Performer trainees not withstanding, since I have no idea what we'd do for a third performer. I still think that Bards are overpowered and Dancers are already skirting (hah!) the line.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 19, 2014, 12:23:39 pm »

One class shouldn't have more promotion options than others.

Why not?
Some classes have much better weapon availability than others. That doesn't make Cavaliers unbalanced.
Some classes have better skill/stat synergy than others, that doesn't make Nomads broken (compare them against archers).
Some classes straight up ignore the close- vs. long-range problem. That doesn't make mages broken.

It's not like Fighters get to promote into all three of their promotions at once, you know. The balance of the game is hardly going to be affected at all. And it's downright hypocritical to say "nobody should get more promotions than anyone else" in the same post as "I don't know how to make performers equal to everyone else".

Fair =/= Equal.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:30:20 pm by shoruke »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 19, 2014, 12:28:57 pm »

It's a matter of principle, for one, Shoruke, and besides, the weapon availability is countered by lower proficiency with their weapons. I believe Archers were expected to be able to use Ballistae more, and every physical weapon has some 1-2 range weapons(at every level of proficiency, too). It's not a matter of balance, it's a matter of fairness.

I think Performer trainees should have just as much as the rest, though. Courtesans for Dancers(get spy-ish abilities), something mounted for Bards(yes, I know it gives stupendous amounts of mobility to a class where mobility is all it needs. It wouldn't have much else, though). People who play them are already sacrificing being a direct participant in the action in favor of helping the team, so it's not all that fair to be mean to them for playing something that already makes them part of the background.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 19, 2014, 12:41:30 pm »

We can make it good with every class having only 2 promotions or some getting 3. We can't make 3 for everyone.

And there's also the thing about priest trainees not being able to promote into Monks, so they would have the same options as performer trainees (also minor stuff like changing the Nomad promotion for Riders with Wyvern Rider).
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 300