Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297901 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #510 on: April 11, 2014, 03:47:32 pm »

I prefer Blade's idea.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 11, 2014, 03:48:36 pm »

Maybe max 2 allies?

I was thinking more along the lines of giving the merc what he would get from 2 allies under the old rules as long as one ally is in range.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 11, 2014, 03:51:05 pm »

Ok let's see how this sounds:
Allies in range get +5 Hit and Evade. If an ally is in range the Merc gets +5 Evade.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 11, 2014, 03:54:08 pm »

plz unnerf

I'd suggest the merc just get a straight up +10 to evade as long as at least one ally is in range, and allies in range get +5 hit/evade.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 11, 2014, 03:55:28 pm »

The merc would get 3 from 2 allies :V
How about +10?

So yeah the same I was thinking :V
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:00:30 pm by Solymr »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 11, 2014, 04:17:34 pm »

We should give them Armsthr-! *shot*

10 evade, even if its almost constantly in use, seems a little underpowered to me.

How about Merc gets +5 Hit/Eva per nearby ally (max +20/+20), allies get +5 Hit/Eva (max +10/+10)?

A squad of 5 mercs would be formidable, with +30 Hit/Eva, but not completely unstoppable.
A squad of 4 {something else} plus one merc would have one formidable merc and 4 doods with +5/+5, which is... something.

Going into a chokepoint with 5 mercs would quickly turn into a competition of who can out-tank the other  :P
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 11, 2014, 04:20:42 pm »

That's why it's unstackable :P
And don't underestimate 10 evade. It's actually quite significant.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 11, 2014, 06:05:10 pm »

So our plan with mercenaries is to make a better charisma?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 11, 2014, 06:58:57 pm »

Not... precisely? It's like semi-charisma with feedback.

I like SerCon's specs for it. 5 hit/eva for nearby allies, and 10 evade for the merc.

The Mercenary promotion tree gives the option for getting buffed by allies (Hero) or giving buffs to them (Commander).

The current class skill for Mercenaries actually works quite well for it, there's just too much variance with it, and the GM has to math out the benefits every time the Merc gets into battle. A quick check to see if a merc is in range is much better.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 12, 2014, 07:28:05 am »

Allright, so Inspiration works like half a Charisma and the Merc gets 10 evade if someone is affected.
Who wants the Fighter to have a similar special and a promotion to Hero?

Btw to the people voting 1 per turn: you might want to consider that Shamans have 6 CON. Might take too long to recover. The progressive option takes half the time.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 13, 2014, 02:06:18 am »

Thread has been silent for 30 hours. TANGENT TIIIIME~

I don't recall seeing anything in the handbook about gender-restricting classes. I even did a ctrl+f for various words ("woman", "women", "girl", "gender", "sex", etc.) and came up nearly blank. So, I guess men can be troubadours and pegasus riders and women can be berserkers?  :o

Also, I made up an image of the job tree for visualization.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Please excuse that some of the names got trimmed off the side of the image; Gephi does that for me automatically because it likes to help. It also helpfully eliminated my custom edge weights that I put in to clarify the difficult-to-resolve root overlap that Mage Knights and Bishops have. Basically, today we learned that Gephi is an okay piece of software for visualizing things for yourself, but not so great for showing things to other people.)

Information visualization is a beautiful thing! It makes it really easy to pick up some trivia!
- Archer Trainees are the only trainee class that can promote (directly) into 3 different trainee trees (Spy for thief tree, Archer for Archer tree, or Nomad for rider tree). Priest and Rider trainees can promote into 3 different trees, but not directly.
- Troubadours are the only First Class that can promote directly into 3 different trees (Valkyrie are in rider, Mage Knights are in mage, and both are in priest).
- The Priest and Mage trainee trees are the only tree pair that overlap twice.
- The swordsman tree is the only fully acyclic class tree (i.e. all of the promoted classes in the swordsman tree have exactly one path from trainee to fully promoted).
- Performer trainees have only 3 full promotions available, the fewest of anyone. Conversely, Archers, Riders, Mages, and Swordsmen all have 6 full promotions available.

*Ahem* Getting back on topic... Fighters.
The Fighter's skill, and their promotions' skills, are all based around trickery and messing with people, backed up by the fact that they are a big guy with an axe. The warrior's skill is even contingent upon Fighters having conceal as a skill. Making fighters into the axe-mercenary sounds like too many changes to something that isn't really broken, IMO.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 13, 2014, 03:02:26 am »

Noice tree. Can I use it for the handbook?

About fighters, you forgot one thing: they can promote into Heroes. And they get an enemy activated version of their passive.
Besides nobody likes terrain conditions and nobody uses conceal :V

And yes, any class can be of any gender. That's why male valkyrie is soon going to be a thing :3

And yes, women can be berserkers :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:41:06 am by Solymr »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 13, 2014, 07:42:24 am »

While taking a look at the Judgement weapons, I realized they do cover all classes, it's just very badly expressed:
When they say a certain class (soldiers for example) you have to assume their promotions are included too.
Armoured and horseback is pretty obvious.
Mercenaries --> whole swordsman class.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 13, 2014, 09:29:35 am »

@Soly: Untrue, when we had a fighter in FEF they used conceal quite a bit to good effect. And I'm okay with terrain conditions, specially ones that are basically reachable on every outdoor map.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 13, 2014, 10:39:54 am »

He dead for a long time :V
I guess that's a matter for the people.

Is everyone done with the current poll? Cause there's a tie and I like the progressive one better than the one per turn.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 300