Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297875 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #465 on: April 08, 2014, 08:46:12 pm »

Hey guys! To balance the master spy tier traps, just do it like summoner phantoms; they get two specified ones which have slightly different effects(say, a status effect one and a stat reduce one) at levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 09, 2014, 07:18:41 am »

...I want someone to run a pre-promote Emblem. Not that I'd be able to play in it right now.
I think there's something like that already, but I can't remember the name of it right now. Whatever the case, I could do it, though I never really ran a FEF game before and haven't played many of them yet. I also can't sprite at all, so I'd be dependent on someone else to do it for me. Of course, I could always run the scenario that I kinda though of for a while, something like the Tower of Valni in FE8, I I guess you could say. In other words, a dungeon crawling FEF. If I'd ever get the time to start it, I might.
Hey guys! To balance the master spy tier traps, just do it like summoner phantoms; they get two specified ones which have slightly different effects(say, a status effect one and a stat reduce one) at levels 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20.
Could work, but like Blade Master said, then the lower level traps propably wouldn't be relevant at higher levels, so I can't say I entirely agree on the idea.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 09, 2014, 07:28:36 am »

If you take into account that Master Spies are more support-y, you would take traps according to the best interaction between traps and teammates.
Examples: if you have a fire mage on your team Oil slick would be a priority. If you have a tanky character you can use Glue to force chokepoints and snipesnipesnipe. If you have high damage but low hitting guys you can use Tetanus for paralyzing, Flash powder, etc.
And so on...

About the people who voted no, there's still one who didn't say why he doesn't like traps.
The decoys can be fixed but nothing to do about Haspen's laziness :V

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 09, 2014, 08:36:56 am »

If we add standard decoys to spies, should they only get to choose 3 traps? Or do we just let them have them all?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 09, 2014, 08:38:05 am »

Here's what I think: they get a normal decoy at spy that they can upgrade to primed decoy. Everything else normal.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 09, 2014, 03:08:13 pm »

I'm adding decoys to the spy tier list and resetting the poll if nobody says anything >_>

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 09, 2014, 03:48:52 pm »

The deed is done. If you vote no please state why :V

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 09, 2014, 09:23:24 pm »

I looked at the poll and went,
"Where's the Haspen Is Lazy option"?
 :P

(still a BAWS for running plural FEF games)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 10, 2014, 01:15:27 am »

That's what the I'm lazy option is for :P
... And it's got a vote. Lol

I love how people are being so honest about themselves :P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:23:53 am by Solymr »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 10, 2014, 01:03:18 pm »

Well since nobody dislikes the idea v2 I think it's approved :>

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 10, 2014, 06:22:39 pm »

Seems that way. Let's discuss the Shaman class skill Ancient Gamble next.

Ancient Gamble
Active Effect
During combat they initiate, a character with this skill
can choose to roll a die. If they roll (Strength x 3) or
under, they gain a bonus to their damage after the
enemy's Resistance equal to the character's Constitution.

I don't particularly like this as is. First of all, Shamans can use it anytime they attack, so any intelligent player is going to use it every time. That just results in more rolling, which no one appreciates, and makes Shaman damage output sort of erratic. Plus, there's no downside to failing the roll, so it isn't much of a gamble at all.

I suggest the following:

Ancient Gamble
Activated Effect
Once per map, a character with this skill may transfer any amount of their Con into their Magic stat. On their next turn, 1 point will return to their Con, and 1 will be lost from their Magic. On the subsequent turn, 2, then 3, etc.

This, on the other hand, is a gamble, since reducing your Con has a good chance of reducing your AS and Evade, with the caveat that you're increasing your damage output. And since Shaman's tend to be slower than most casters, they aren't usually going to be doubling anyhow...

I considered a transfer of 1 each turn, but that could be a long, long recovery time, especially if a Summoner decides to drop all their Con for heavy Damage.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 10, 2014, 07:37:14 pm »

I'd recommend basing it off STR instead. Then Shamans could choose to dump STR and never use Ancient Gamble, or put some progression into STR with the hope of being able to use AG effectively later on. That's just me though, I'm probably never going to play pure mage. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 10, 2014, 07:41:17 pm »

Its not really a gamble (nor really a bad thing in any way) to use that ability if its based on strength however. It would be like the monk's pious defense, except there's really no downside.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 300