Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297815 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #360 on: April 07, 2014, 09:15:10 am »

This is true. My intention was giving them both traps, but if that is the case, there needs to be incentive to go for Forest Knight over the Master Spy.

I'm not sure if separating the traps by outdoors/indoors would be the right idea, since that makes it a bit binary, but perhaps giving them different types of traps would be sufficient. Spies with a focus on efficient hamstringing and disabling, while the Forest Knight traps are focused a bit more on pain, but not as efficient. Bear Trap vs. Caltrops essentially, in that Spy traps have the potential to strike many but with smaller effect, while Forest Knight traps are focused on bringing the smack down on one unfortunate soul.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 07, 2014, 09:17:49 am »

I thought we didn't like terrain dependenceeeeeeeee :V

I think Conceal/Invisibility fits the Spy more and Traps for the Forest Knight/Fighter/whatever.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:24:04 am by Solymr »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 07, 2014, 09:21:50 am »

This is true. My intention was giving them both traps, but if that is the case, there needs to be incentive to go for Forest Knight over the Master Spy.

I'm not sure if separating the traps by outdoors/indoors would be the right idea, since that makes it a bit binary, but perhaps giving them different types of traps would be sufficient. Spies with a focus on efficient hamstringing and disabling, while the Forest Knight traps are focused a bit more on pain, but not as efficient. Bear Trap vs. Caltrops essentially, in that Spy traps have the potential to strike many but with smaller effect, while Forest Knight traps are focused on bringing the smack down on one unfortunate soul.

I like this. And it does eliminate terrain dependencies.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 07, 2014, 10:04:22 am »

I like this. And it does eliminate terrain dependencies.
Seconded.

But how do we implement this from an inventory Point-of-View? Do spies/ forest knights conjure this crap out of nowhere as a class ability, or must they buy traps at the store, or should they carry around "trap components" and decide what trap to make on the fly? Or some other option?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 07, 2014, 10:07:28 am »

Forest Knights can already do it without components, so let's stick with that rather than have to add an entire new category of items. This way, you only have to define a few things in the class description and that's that. Although it does bring the question of 'how many times can traps be used per map'?

I'm thinking three, myself.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 07, 2014, 10:11:10 am »

Three seems like a decent number to me as well.
BIRDS.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 07, 2014, 10:54:02 am »

Part of me wants to say it should scale with level or something, but "three" is simpler. I'm good with that.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 07, 2014, 11:00:06 am »

Maybe Spies get three uses and Master Spies get five?

...Maybe only if they have the same ability. If MSes get a larger variety of effects, which is what I think is better, then they could stay at 3 too.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 07, 2014, 11:00:40 am »

So Master Spy dusts a couple tiles with a trap that impairs movement, and the forest knight gets a trap that stops a target for a few rounds?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 07, 2014, 11:02:57 am »

The current idea would be that FK's trap deals damage and stops a single target for whatever number of rounds, while Spies/Master Spies would debuff multiple targets for a bit. I like the idea of leaving a series of runes on a staircase that cause anyone who passes over them to lose some RES for a few rounds, for example. :3

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 07, 2014, 11:07:27 am »

Perhaps allowing Caltrops to debuff a tile would be a good idea, so that characters that stand on the tile lose DEF and Evade, as opposed to gaining it like on other tiles.
BIRDS.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 07, 2014, 11:11:32 am »

So the current idea is Spies get persistent special effects traps, like poison caltrops, sleep powder and other crap, and Forest Knights get one shot heavy damage immobilizing bear traps?

I like it, but is it enough for Spy/Master Spy? What do we give the fighter that *kinda* could be complimented by traps?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 07, 2014, 11:13:14 am »

Jeez. I use caltrops an example and now that's like all people are thinking of. What about classics like rigging a crossbow trap, or an oil slick, or other things? :V

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 07, 2014, 11:16:47 am »

I was using them as example too :P
Probably PS' traps like the poison cannon are good ideas.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 07, 2014, 11:17:31 am »

My understanding was that forest knights would have single-use traps that do noticable direct damage (and maybe immobilization), while spies would have traps that can affect more than one target and are more utility-type effects (less damage, but a wider variety of status effects).
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 300