Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297745 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #270 on: April 03, 2014, 06:55:21 pm »

Probably
It's FEF, not FEOF

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 03, 2014, 07:15:19 pm »

I had a great idea some time ago that I wanted to put out for you guys to dissect, but I think I forgot it by now... >.<

Wasn't there already a system that had Laguz playable in it and it was based around 'build-your-own-class'?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 03, 2014, 07:27:56 pm »

Ja. I linked it somewhere, figured it would be a good site to cherry pick. For some, it was their first look at Gitp.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 03, 2014, 07:53:47 pm »

Meh. I'm mostly looking into Laguz for the shear fact that I've already wasted a portion of my time on them. At this point, just trying to get one Hawk done is just a matter of sheer determination, as I would want them to be reasonably strong but without outshining everyone else in the game. That includes other Laguz... Who I have also started to look into.

But, I think I'm close to that... And if I do finish I'll post the results. You guys feel free to discuss other stuff in the meantime though. ^.^ This may take a while.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 03, 2014, 09:09:52 pm »

Alright... Done somewhat. The + stats are those gained upon transformation, but overall these are meant to be a base for a PC starting at level 1. As it stands, I have them starting with about 360% Progression points to spend, to make up for the fact that they don't get any real weapons as of yet and their current ones will eventually be outshined. However, I can perceive them being overpowered in their current state, so I wouldn't mind input.

I'll also post some info I found on transformation gauges for posterity, so people know what it takes to get transformed. This too can be modified.

Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Raven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I may also see about making Lions PC friendly as well... I suddenly got the idea of them being leaders, akin to a Laguz flavored Hero or Mercenary with actives about inspiring nearby units. I might see what I can do with that.
BIRDS.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 03, 2014, 09:18:11 pm »

I like the Radiant Dawn variation of the rules where all stats but HP and Luck double, but that may be too extreme. Maybe 1.5x instead, and reduce the Rage guage, so that they transform back and forth more quickly?

~~~

Anyway, back to Class discussion. Let's look at Mercenaries for a minute. I know Haspen doesn't really like the class ability as it is, so what can we do to change it to make a bit more GM friendly, as right now it requires a lot of position tracking, while still keeping it within the class' flavor?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 03, 2014, 09:19:43 pm »

A while ago, someone brought up the idea of a shove/push mechanic. I'm not sure how this would work if everyone was able to do it (holding the line is a vital FEF strategy), but if we made Push a Character Skill, that would work well. One possible limitation is you may only push characters with an equal or lower CON.

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:25:18 pm by freeformschooler »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 03, 2014, 09:21:13 pm »

Aye, let's look at class skills that have been adjusted in a great deal of games. Mercs, Commanders(as in, whether they should exist or not), Mountain Bandits(since they are apparently useless right now, maybe cliffs should equal mountains?), Scavengers, Bounty Hunters, etc.?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 03, 2014, 09:26:56 pm »

Scavengers seem pretty OP from a metagame standpoint, actually. Kat rakes in the dough like you wouldn't believe. Then again, a bit of price adjustment on the GM's end could still keep the players from rolling in Speedwings and Goddess Icons.

Commander seems pretty hardcore too. Maybe constrain rally a bit, since that could turn a difficult defense into a bit of a cakewalk.

Bounty Hunter hasn't seen any play here yet from what I've seen, and Omni Weapon seems crazy useful. Steal Weapon is probably a bit much, but it's hard to say, since most mooks generally carry inferior equipment to the PCs.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 03, 2014, 09:53:05 pm »

Oh, I agree that they need changes, which is why I brought it up. Haspen's changes make good bases, but I don't agree with all of them. For example, to make use of Omni Weapon properly, Bounty Hunters kinda need Steal Weapon, in some form. Perhaps a chance based thing? Like LCKx2% chance, and some weapons still might be unable to be stolen, and any weapon that would put them over the item limit is not stolen(hey look, a reason to ever trash a weapon).

As for Scavengers, maybe 50 or the target's total levelx10, whichever is higher? But maybe only if they get the killing blow(LOOT THE CORPSES)? Scavenging doesn't seem like something you do to someone who's still alive, after all...

Commander I have like no idea. I was wondering if they might have some sort of extra high-ranged rejuvenate, but only for one person, or if they could Command someone/people to attack/move/other partial action?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 03, 2014, 10:08:42 pm »

Maybe a Commander could mark one enemy per turn, and allies would get some form of bonus against them.

I like making scavengers kill to get the money. Good change there.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 03, 2014, 10:35:51 pm »

Maybe a Commander could mark one enemy per turn, and allies would get some form of bonus against them.

I like making scavengers kill to get the money. Good change there.

Indeed. That way, they are really "scavenging." We could have them play into this concept more by having them loot specific corpses, but that might be a tad bit immoral.

The single target idea sounds interesting for the Commander.
BIRDS.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2014, 01:32:29 am »

I thought we still had fencers and fighters to do :V

For scavengers the gold only on kill I like, this is what I thought for bounty hunter: on kill, they have a %chance of getting an item. Most of the times a vulnerary or even nothing, but also a small chance of getting a good weapon or a gem.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 04, 2014, 06:55:20 am »

It really should be things the enemy has on them.

And we do still have Fencers and Fighters to do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 04, 2014, 06:57:47 am »

But Rogues can already steal items an enemy has on them without needing to land a killing blow. Scavengers also only get money the first time they hit an enemy. I don't see any need to change them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 300