Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297549 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2014, 07:38:13 pm »

I do agree that the iron rapier is a bit too strong, but some weapons are just better. Nobody says anything about the slim sword being better than the iron dagger, or the iron club better than the iron axe.

Perhaps drop the iron rapier's MT by one, lower its crit by five, raise WT by one?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2014, 07:40:02 pm »

Dunno. Some weapons are just better, I guess. I don't see anyone complaining that the slim sword is better than the iron dagger, or the iron club being better than the iron axe.

They should be. Weapons that're of the same level shouldn't outstrip one another so easily.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2014, 07:40:41 pm »

I don't think an Iron Rapier has ever even been available in any game, so it's not like a big deal.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2014, 07:42:05 pm »

Sim sword is E, iron dagger is E. Iron club is E, iron axe is E. Iron sword is E, iron rapier is E. People start with the iron sword, not the iron rapier. While it is a bit too strong for an E weapon, there's nothing wrong with a weapon being better than another.

Also what SC said.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2014, 08:04:07 pm »

Eh, in a lot of games you just start with iron-rank weapon of your choice.

As for iron club, pretty sure it's got a slightly lower hit than iron axe. But yes, there should be a balance somewhere(slim sword being lighter than a dagger is just dumb).

I say drop the crit entirely(that's supposed to be slashing's deal anyway), drop might by one, raise weight by one, and it should be fine. Maybe increase Hit by 5 to compensate.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2014, 08:09:41 pm »

Personally, Imma just shrug. It's an E rank weapon, everyone who can use that category can use it. It's also an E rank weapon, I don't expect anyone to hold onto it any longer than when they spot their first C ranked weapon.

Also, I would prefer not turning the iron rapier into a wooden sword.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2014, 08:11:49 pm »

Here is an idea... Why not make the Rapier a Fencer Slass only weapon? It plays into the whole Noble aspect of things, with the Rapier not being a common folks weapon.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2014, 08:15:01 pm »

I'm uncomfortable with giving half of the Thru subcategory to a single class. Even if just the iron rapier, it seems odd considering they already have a class weapon rapier.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2014, 08:15:26 pm »

The Royal Rapier already is, so...

Anyway, then at least drop the crit and maybe give the iron sword +5 crit. Thrusting isn't supposed to be the high crit range weapons, yet it's often better at it then Slashing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2014, 08:18:20 pm »

Only the first three Thru weapons. You don't see another one of note until you hit the S ranked Thru weapon, King Sword. Thru lost its killer weapon in 1.22.

I do agree to a crit drop with the iron rapier however, I was more thinking five however instead of zip, and drop the MT by one, then call it a day. I urge caution against giving a weapon that is a guaranteed starter weapon a native crit value, however.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2014, 08:19:52 pm »

...Why aren't thrusting weapons supposed to be the high crit ones? After all, Fencer's were known for their flourishes and skill. Maybe we should lower thrusting might, but let it keep the crit. I mean, it doesn't really play into the Myrmidon predilection for Slashing weapons, but their promotes have enough crit already.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2014, 08:22:45 pm »

I'm as lost as you honestly, you'd think thrusting weapons to be the crit sub but their the effective sub.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2014, 08:25:35 pm »

Maybe what we should do is clearly outline what each weapon type's subcategories are actually supposed to be, and then move from there.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »

Just wanna say, I'm adamantly against any large change, such as restructuring all of the weapons. I've learned from experience that if you aren't walking in with the idea of gutting the whole system, don't make big changes. Keep small.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2014, 08:41:07 pm »

...That's fair. Redoing the whole system would be a huge undertaking, and to do it right would involve a lot of testing. We should probably let sleeping were-beasts lie.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 300