Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297428 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2014, 09:32:08 pm »

Just make it like Assassination, where the chance is capped at 40% or something?

Ehhhhhh, I don't like that either. I mean, yeah, more than 40% is kind of outrageous for a skill that can and will stop you from taking a dirt nap, but at the same time, it marginalizes that chance, especially vs. other skills. Should we cap those at 40% too? I dunno.

Now that I've thought about it, I don't mind the Luck addition to other skills, and just changing Miracle's basic function. Seems like a better way to go to me.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2014, 09:34:45 pm »

Just eliminate Miracle altogether? I dunno.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2014, 10:05:26 pm »

I haven't played Awakening. Is that the 'can't activate if only 1 HP' idea?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2014, 10:09:00 pm »

It's just leaves you with 1 HP after the attack, and uses base Luck. Does not activate if you only have 1 HP
It's FEF, not FEOF

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2014, 10:09:59 pm »

It's just leaves you with 1 HP after the attack, and uses base Luck.
well this would be if we use the double luck.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2014, 01:16:07 am »

Considering that it's 60% chance each time, and Generals can get 30% chance of not taking damage with EACH attack, not simply halving the ones that would take away all of your health, I don't see why it would be unbalanced if it was doubled. With Ancient Gamble, you have to have fairly significant investment in a stat otherwise dumped for it to be at all reliable, and for a rather less than amazing amount of damage. They can do it every turn, but then, Mages can apply it every turn too.

Besides, they'll eventually fail, and when they do, they're done.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2014, 04:53:56 am »

You're all mixing shit up.
Let's differentiate between Character Skills (Adept, etc) and Class Skills (Ancient Gamble).
First, Character skills: SC's idea was to be stat+lck% chance right?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2014, 07:40:33 am »

You're all mixing shit up.
Let's differentiate between Character Skills (Adept, etc) and Class Skills (Ancient Gamble).
First, Character skills: SC's idea was to be stat+lck% chance right?
I wanted to separate character and class skills before it was cool.

And yeah, that was SC's idea. I don't like what it does for Miracle though. Maybe we could make it so the half rounds up, so 0 damage is not possible?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2014, 07:45:43 am »

Or as suggested before, it doesn't activate on 1 HP, which is the only case where damage would round down to 0.

Resetting the poll, y'all need to vote again.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2014, 10:39:03 am »

While the poll is going let's talk about another class that needs love.

Fencer

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2014, 10:56:24 am »

Fencer suffers from the same problem fighters suffer from: over specialization. A fighter has no class skills in an urban map just as a fencer has no class skills in an outdoor map. The fencer's skills can be important, but it relies on the GM making concessions in building indoor maps to do such.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2014, 10:59:32 am »

To me, fencers are suave swordsman who are adept at fighting, usually multiple opponents, without getting hit. Or at least that's what it seems like to me in the fiction I've read. So... maybe something that boosts their dodge or evade instead of being terrain specific?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2014, 11:07:18 am »

I actually consider fencers to be duelists, adept in fighting a single foe as they're trained to do. Rapiers, their weapon of choice, is primarily a duelist's weapon, due to it being a graceful weapon but unlikely to stand up in prolonged warfare due to its thin metal that would wear and need replacement much quicker than an arming sword.

Not to mention the focus on thrusts which is a hindrance in variety when considering that your attention may be very divided. Spears, another thrust weapon, could at least be bashed against an opponent with an effect, and were typically used in groups.

I don't see anything wrong with the fencer honestly, no more than I do the fighter, whose class is basically an outdoors fencer. If we gaze at changing the fencer, similar gaze should be shown on their class as well.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:08:57 am by Xanmyral »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2014, 11:14:16 am »

The fencers skills always did confuse me. Didn't seem like it matched very much. That and the conditionalness is the main reason I haven't ever considered playing as one.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 300