Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298099 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

They feel a a little underwhelming to me >_>
It's FEF, not FEOF

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Of course they are, they're first class.
Promoted class can get a more OP version (like Marked for Death for Shadow Swords :O).
Also Challenge can save you from a particularly annoying guy with a lance (looking at someone right now) while Duelist can potentially be too good if you end up getting bonuses vs half of the enemies.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Challenge is also broken if you start dying.

At least one variant of duelist should allow trumping with all sword subcategories, not just the one that they specialize in.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I deemed that too OP. Can't give a class free weapon triangle advantage.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But they'd need to haul around 4 swords of different types to be able to trump all sword users.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh. Misunderstood that. That seems more balanced even if a little too complex.
And yeah, the Duelist thing I put up there in the poll might be the kind of OP I tried to avoid :V

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

Well, it seems to be doing well in the poll regardless.
Obviously, this calls for SCIENCE~
We must encourage the GMs to fill the maps with Duelist!Fencers and see how badly the PCs get pwnt.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mmyeah, I'm gonna reset the poll with the same subcategory thing, that will avoid shenanigans and encourage more sword variety.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Poll changed. Again :V

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Well, it seems to be doing well in the poll regardless.
Obviously, this calls for SCIENCE~
We must encourage the GMs to fill the maps with Duelist!Fencers and see how badly the PCs get pwnt.

Well, the lancers would shine. We don't really have many people who bring swords, most tend to gravitate towards spears and axes, I've noticed. At least, in the (predominantly) hand-to-hand melee side of things.

@BMM: They could bring a parrying knife and call it good. Of course, that's a rather restricted arsenal there. And powerless to trump magic, after the promote, which tend to be polarized to one or two subcategories, sadly.

@Stealth: I personally like the sneaking shenanigans.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:21:26 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, seems like Duelist won by a landslide, and weapon triangle advantage is clearly the preferred benefit of the activation of it.

Before we move on to Promoted Classes (or if we take a break from class changes to add new character skills, or whatever we do), I'd like to fix Troubadour's weapon proficiencies.

Several First Classes (Spy, Social Knight, Scavenger, lots and lots of S really) get two weapon categories, and their weapon skills are all D rank, and their specialty upgrades on promotion. No problems there.

BUT. Troubadours get C rank in their specialty right away. That's unbalanced, especially since they get healing and fighting already. It allows them to be just as good healers as priests, but with a horse and a weapon of their choice. Also, it's not clear to me why Physical Training is a class skill when we could just give them the proficiency

Actually, just figured it out. Carry on.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well if you figured out then ok :o
So that's for Fencers. There's one little thing before we move on to the fun stuff of promoted classes.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look at the poll :V

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Uh I accidentally the wrong vote because of ipad touchscreen.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 300